Tropical Storm Helene forms, forecast to hit Florida as major hurricane

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over 50 hours without power for us.
I have a 5 KW generator but that can only power the well pumps, freezers, two lights, a fan, and the wifi modem.
No AC, no hot water to take a shower, and other luxuries.

Our power company, Okefenokee Rural Electric Membership Co-Op, gets its power from Georgia Transmission, which also feeds most of the state.
We are on the Florida side of the line, but our power still comes from Georgia.

We are blessed, not only do we have SOME power, we also have a house. Tens of thousands of people don’t even have a house.
I'm glad y'all are safe! And yes, so many lost everything, including lives!! Glad you have the generator too, will probably be days without power! Keep us posted!!

I have friends that lived on Anna Maria Island, south of Tampa. They lost their house and my friend's car. No insurance, but I don't think you can get insurance on the island anymore. She does have lots of family.
OMG. I have a friend in Braedenton and their house is ok, damaged, but salvageable. Friends of their completely lost their homes. Another friend in Tampa were fine—little damage mostly from tree bits.

OMG. I have a friend in Braedenton and their house is ok, damaged, but salvageable. Friends of their completely lost their homes. Another friend in Tampa were fine—little damage mostly from tree bits.
Bradenton is my home town. My friend lives in town and it is her daughter who lived on the island. My friend in town lost power for about a day, but otherwise seems fine.
I will pray for your friends!

Glad you got thru in decent shape RPD. Hope power gets back on soon.
Not sure about Charlotte, but Columbia has a huge amount of pine trees in the area. Both areas are densely populated.

Latest posts

Back