very bad hair day for me..worse for my mom

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
my mom has been having dizzy spells for quiet a few days now..some very serious.and seem to be getting worse...her primary doctor ended up telling us to much air/oxygen in her lungs.and thats whats been causing her dizzy spells..this is after 2 other doctors been arguing back n forth to whats wrong,and what should be done.then my mom goes n stays the night(last night) with my sister and her daughter..then i didn't learn untill from my mom(this afternoon) that she actually passed out twice..now the primary doc is having a cat scan of her brain done,to see if thats the problem.what gets my goat.is my mom had to be the one that calls me about it,instead of my sister..things deffently dont look good for her..

It always sucks to see them not as the strong, independent parent as they use to be.
Good luck, I hope she's getting better soon.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

So sorry to heat that about your mom. Especially hard when your not there with her and see what is going on first hand. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

.things deffently dont look good for her..they did a mri,xrayed her back seeing how she hurt it when she feel.their doing ultra sound of arteries.a cardiologist has been called in.and they can't figure out,to why she's having seizure like activity..

So sorry to hear your mum is poorly again, you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

My biggest concern would be the heart. . . but I am sure that would have been her doctors first too. Is she back home now? I know you would much rather keep a close eye on her. And she would probably rather be home than anywhere else.

Thanks for the update Jim, you have both been on my mind. I suppose it's a process of elimination and it's good news there are no squatters, the next round of tests might find something.

I wish you both the best and hope she gets it figured out and controlled soon.

just got another call from her..well she's gonna be put on oxygen..on acount she aint getting enough oxygen..and the doc wont let her come home,untill things are set up right for her,when it comes to some way of getting plenty while at home.

thought about that COPD too,mind if I ask what her blood pressure levels have been lately??
if they are low,it could point to the heart and cardiac insufficiency.

just hope all is well with your mom,already understand she means the world to you.

it turns out to be oxygen issue,she simply wasn't getting enough of it..sitting down,she's doing fine..stand up,a lil short on oxygen.start walking,oxygen drops way down.it will have dropped in a area of 10% by the time she's taken 3 to 5 steps..test has been run on her.no copd..

So docs still need to figure out the cause of low oxygen? Putting her on it just "fixes" the immediate problem, not fixes the cause of it. That us tough on a body. . . I hope they can get it straightened out soon.

So docs still need to figure out the cause of low oxygen? Putting her on it just "fixes" the immediate problem, not fixes the cause of it. That us tough on a body. . . I hope they can get it straightened out soon.

Seconded. I was thinking the same.

they have her on a devilbiss 5 liter oxygen concentrator,for when she's at home.in which the air line is long enough,where she can go from the livingroom,to any other part of the home.and not have to take the concentrator with her..and she has a portable air tanks to use when we go some where,and during power outages..

Well.the devilbiss 5 liter oxygen concentrator ain't doing its job.or what ever.mom's oxygen level dropped to 81%.and she passed out.we're in the ER now.i spent 45 seconds,or longer to bring her around.then i called 911.n got a ambulance there..

Oh Jim, I'm so sorry to hear your mum has taken a turn for the worse again. You're both in my thoughts and I hope they can get to the cause of this problem soon.

I too wish you both the best. I also gotta question what the heck does a sleep apnea study have to do with her symptoms? At least she is being seen.

a sleep apnea study helps them figure out to why a person stops breathing while they sleep.but yet.it dont have anything to do with her issue's. So she aint getting one.

Latest posts

Back