very bad hair day for me..worse for my mom

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to be able to leave your campsite set up or take it all with you when you go see your mom? Just be careful in Houston. . . its a whole new world there. Not sure how far your home is from there but mine is about an hour and a half, if you need some where to stay.

i'll be leaving things there..it'll mainly be my tent cot and sleeping bag..everything else,will be in the car..matter of fact. im thinking of only taking the basics in camping gear..on account,the camp site will be mainly for sleeping shower and nature calls..

You know how to get in touch with me if needed. Hunny and I had one of his old highschool Buddy's stay with us when his mom was in the hospital a couple years ago. . . you're more than welcome. Hope mom is getting better still.

She's now in a regular/normal icu unit/room.the pneumonia is under control.except for breathing without assistance.so is everything else. .those hospital chairs,that's suppose to lay out into a bed of sorts.that they aint.and diffently not comfortable.i would of been better off using my cot n all.

my mom had been having dizzy spells,head aches,to her blood pressure being to high,or to low.and chest pain since the last part of last year.but on a small scale,at that time..they started getting worse with each passing week/month..one doctor was saying,its her lungs.another was saying its her heart..it was kind of,like they was playing hot potato with her and her health,by tossing her back n forth.for i guess 3 to 4 months...one of her doctors finally set it up, where she has a oxygen concentration machine at home..one doctor set it up for her to have a cath,or what ever done,the other day.to see if it was/is anything to do with her heart. thats when we all learned that it's 2 artery's. one was at 75% blockage,and the other was at 95% blockage..that took place day before yesterday.so they decided to do open heart surgery.in which that'd take place in Houston tx..and keep her in the hospital just to keep a eye on her n all,untill she got transported to houston. that night,she went down hill.it looks like she was having,or did have a heart attack..i get a phone call from them around 4:50 yesterday morning,telling me to whats going on with her.so i got dressed and went to the hospital.just to find out things might be worse then they were letting on..and yes it was. it's between 6am and 7am by this time.they did what they could.but yet she still wasn't responsive from recovering from they used to put her under..they finally got her transported to houston and did the double open heart surgery..she made it through the surgery all right. and was still recovering,by i guess 8pm yesterday.so i came home. she's regained conciseness. and she's responding to what people are saying,in the different ways she can right now..she has tube(s) going down her throat and into her lungs,for drainage or what ever..and a oxygen mask over her mouth,to help out..she's still having some issues with her blood pressure. but not to bad. they'll send her up to a room once thats been dealt with..so i now have 2 worries.1st,is my mom recovering from that,in which it looks like she will.the other,is.will that send our medical expense's sky rocketing,big time? ...we already owe i dont know how much in medical bills,from previous medical expense's.but yet.this will send the bills on up.

i've started a go fund me account.in which,it'll be used to pay the medical expense's that we already have..pluss,with the way things look right now.we're gonna have more of them,then what we can pay.and because of this.any help that i receive. will be greatly appreciated very much..

www.gofundme.com/im-helping-mom

Good luck Jim. I'll talk to the treasury department when she gets home to see what we can do.

I hope the recovery continues! Keeping y'all in my prayers.

Edited because I have too much sweat in my eyes to see....

well.three things here..first is..i forget what its called.but they did a surgery where she has the hole in her throat so she can breath on her own.and her kidneys are failing.or has failed. in which she's not expected to live much longer..

the second thing is.my 3 brothers sister and me dont get along to well."to many control freaks"..

third is.i'll be looking for some place else to live,by the time this is over with,seeing how im living in a rent house.besides,id rather be living else where..

well.three things here..first is..i forget what its called.but they did a surgery where she has the hole in her throat so she can breath on her own.and her kidneys are failing.or has failed. in which she's not expected to live much longer..

the second thing is.my 3 brothers sister and me dont get along to well."to many control freaks"..

third is.i'll be looking for some place else to live,by the time this is over with,seeing how im living in a rent house.besides,id rather be living else where..

Oh **** Jim :( wish I was closer :-/

1st of all thanks for concerns n all..
2nd..i got word about half way here,that her kidney is better.so they dont have do anything about it,and all.at leadt for now.

I still cant help but wonder if she'll make it through this or not...

I am sorry about your mom Jim. Glad that her kidney is functioning again though. Since she is breathing on her own, is she over the 90% oxygen levels? Dad had to have one of those tracheotomies done on him too, but it was so they could hook him up to a ventilator. Amazing just how much your body gets effected when the heart is involved. You are both in my thoughts. If you need to talk I am a phone call away.

they've done a tracheotomy on her.so she can breath on her own. pluss her kidneys almost shut down.but they leveled out,and got better..my sister took pen and paper,in which she wrote out the alphabet. this allows our mom to communicate with us,by pointing to each letter,of each word..

Last edited:
i found out yesterday eve.that things went south for her,after i left the hospital the other day.the device in her throat,or what ever,that helps her breath.ended up with a blood clot.they had to do CPR and all on her.but yet.she pulled through alright..

Hoping she does get stable enough for the transfer closer to home. I know you both would like that cause you could see her more often. Its tuff traveling back and forth trying to keep everything on the home front afloat too. She's been threw so much already, but she is a fighter and seems like she is not ready to leave this earth yet. Stay strong my friend.

i found out this morning.that the one close by wont take her..i dont remember the reasons at this time.but im thinking thats because their under staffed(doubtful on that)..but yet.it might have something to do with medical coverage.or at least along them lines.so,i'll still be traveling to houston... this sucks big time..

they finally moved her to kindread hospitsl.that not only means that she's doing better.it also means,that i have to learn a new routes end,getting here.it akso means.learning a new location as well..at least.she's doing better..

Thanks yall.more then that will be needed.if they fail to get to like.their suppose to.again.5 times now.the staff failed to get a bed pan under her in time.and ended up having to clean her up.and i just learned a couple is having serious issues with the staff here as well.when it comes to his mom..we're working on having mom transfered.oh yeah.they removed a tube when they shouldn't of.on account she's suppose to be weaned off slowly to where she can breath on her own with no issues..

Latest posts

Back