Water front property

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but I don't know many poor people in that position.

Also true, poor people probably don't invest in anything, but people with modest incomes can.

I live at 1200 ft and we have rivers and brooks that will kill you in a flood.
Might Happen Here if it Rains for 40 days and nights Non-Stop...!!! 🌦️🌧️⛈️🌩️☔

About a hundred years ago I read a book by Andrew Tobias: The Only Investment Guide You Will Ever Need.

One thing I remember was his recommendation to put 10% of your paycheck into a savings account. Many good reasons to do this, but the basic philosophy was "Pay Yourself First". If you follow that simple advice you would be astonished at how that account will grow. His recommendation was every time you go to the bank put 10% in a savings account. As you found out Mountain Trapper, your money will make money.

About a hundred years ago I read a book by Andrew Tobias: The Only Investment Guide You Will Ever Need.

One thing I remember was his recommendation to put 10% of your paycheck into a savings account. Many good reasons to do this, but the basic philosophy was "Pay Yourself First". If you follow that simple advice you would be astonished at how that account will grow. His recommendation was every time you go to the bank put 10% in a savings account. As you found out Mountain Trapper, your money will make money.
To this day I still pick up every penny that I find laying on the ground. In the big scheme of things those penny's probably didn't amount to much, but sometimes I'd find a dime or a quarter laying on the ground. It all adds up, especially over 50+ years.

Let US Know how Wealthy You will bee 20 days from now...?!? :waiting:

Compounding.
Would anyone hire me for 20 days? I'll work the first day for a penny. The next day I'll work for 2 penny's and the next for 4 penny's and double my pay every day for the 20 days.
If so let me know. I look forward to working for you.
Let US Know how Wealthy You will bee 20 days from now...?!? :waiting:

To this day I still pick up every penny that I find laying on the ground. In the big scheme of things those penny's probably didn't amount to much, but sometimes I'd find a dime or a quarter laying on the ground. It all adds up, especially over 50+ years.
Finding coins is becoming rare now that plastic is used so often.

Back