Waterfalls and Indian Mound

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerXanatos

Friend
Neighbor
Not camping but figured this would be the best spot for it feel free to live if needed…

This past weekend I went out on two solo trips. The first was to a little known waterfall. There is no trail to this waterfall and I had to cross knee-high water and a smaller creek several times. Fortunately it was only knee-high to make it easy to cross, but at the same time, this meant the whole area is at low flow since it’s been a while for any substantial rain. I just followed the small creek upstream for about a mile. There was many fallen trees and boulders I had to scramble under and over. Finally, I came to a 60 foot waterfall.

The next day, I loaded up my kayak and went to the same area. This time, I put in at creek and started paddling upstream. As I mentioned earlier, the water level is low. I ended up creek walking to another waterfall.
IMG_5652.jpeg
IMG_5653.jpeg

I then went back down stream and was able to get back into my kayak and paddle down to the river. After a few miles, I finally came upon an Indian mound that was severed from the mainland with the building of a dams in the area.
IMG_5676.jpeg

The mound has a sign on it restricting it from being accessed.
IMG_5683.jpeg

And then I had a long paddle back up river and up the creek again to load everything back up.

In open water like this, it’s important to have a gps to keep on track, a keen sense of direction, or the ability to overcome the fear of getting lost. 😂
IMG_5685.jpeg

Latest posts

Back