Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this thread got quiet...
I think everybody is having wonderful weather like us.
I got it dialed in :thumbs:.
Flannel shirt on in the morning, off for midday, back on for night.

I been thinking about the whole "climate-change/global-warming" thing; (I'm only a 99% denier:rolleyes:).
Don't look now but we are half way thru October with ZERO spinny-things for a second year:oops:.
I think that if enduring 3 months of 90's-100's temps = zero hurricanes, you can tell Al Gore that I said he was right:huggs:.
Keep that C0² coming!
...And down with windmills!:waiting:
I was freezing!!

I was freezing!!
Well, it's cold down here, I don't think we even broke 70° today.🥶
The good news is, we should have low 80's Friday thru Sunday.:thumbs:
I have been working on trying to 'de-acclimate'.
I preach a lot about how we can walk around in 95° sun for a couple hours and never break a sweat because we acclimate to the high temps over time.
You do this by slowing your metabolism to a crawl because you don't need to burn many calories to maintain your internal temp.
(it is funny to watch northerners come down to visit, and are immediately soaking wet with sweat though. All we can do is hand them a cold beer and talk about 'liquid-cooling').
...It will be interesting to see how long it takes for me to get my 'internal-furnace' re-lit:(.

Incredibly hard frost this morning, but tonight we have a storm arriving, which is to sweep across the country and over the UK, bringing an awful amount of rain. Not sure what it is at the minute, maybe around 42, or 9c but that will rise with the storm.

1697563982035.png

Heavy rain, though not as much as down south, which got a month of rain in a few hours. Storm Babet is just steady here, so there is a lot of water on the roads, but I don't have to go anywhere today. It's very dark though, so won't be saving electricity today! A part of Scotland is under a red warning, and villages told to evacuate because of it.

1697790822248.png
Midleton, Co. Cork
1697791012595.png

Latest posts

Back