Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It got 98⁰ here today. Mowed and cleaned up the front yard, took an hour nap, then went for a 4 mile walk. I am serious about losing weight. 8 pounds so far, with 20 to go.
You stole that from me & @Pearl ! Give it back!! :waiting:
On topic: we may be having a 'magic-month' coming up where neither the A/C or heater runs. As payer of the power bill, I will be doing the happy-dance:dancing:.
IMG_20231008_201051_kindlephoto-859065941.jpg

Last edited:
It’s messed up. Inside it is still too warm. AC unit doesn’t want to turn on. Outside it feels cool at 84 degrees. Think we’ll have snow mid January?
I had to wear a heavy t-shirt on the pool float with that east breeze. I really needed to soak my snake bite!!

Middle 70's, cloudy!
I believe summer is officially over :(.
Rainy, windy, and the temp never got over 64°🥶.
DW did the traditional yearly "burning off the cat fuzz" in the heater today.
I'm glad she warned me in advance so I wouldn't be racing around with a fire-extinguisher, because it smells just like the house is on fire.

I believe summer is officially over :(.
Rainy, windy, and the temp never got over 64°🥶.
DW did the traditional yearly "burning off the cat fuzz" in the heater today.
I'm glad she warned me in advance so I wouldn't be racing around with a fire-extinguisher, because it smells just like the house is on fire.
Going to be 90° here tomorrow!! Looks like that's it for a while!!❄️☃️

Going to be 90° here tomorrow!! Looks like that's it for a while!!❄️☃️
Well, can some of it and ship it here. :thumbs:
We're gonna need it.

It was nice outside yesterday. Sunny but not-too-hot. Haven't been outside today but its raining. One of the cats came in wet and he's been staying inside instead of out so I know he doesn't like it out there. Kitties were climbing all over me last night and today. I can see water dripping off the roof but can't tell if it is still raining or not. I don't hear any rain but my fans are loud. LOL. Nice day to have some soup and sleep.

Well this thread got quiet...
I think everybody is having wonderful weather like us.
I got it dialed in :thumbs:.
Flannel shirt on in the morning, off for midday, back on for night.

I been thinking about the whole "climate-change/global-warming" thing; (I'm only a 99% denier:rolleyes:).
Don't look now but we are half way thru October with ZERO spinny-things for a second year:oops:.
I think that if enduring 3 months of 90's-100's temps = zero hurricanes, you can tell Al Gore that I said he was right:huggs:.
Keep that C0² coming!
...And down with windmills!:waiting:

On topic: we may be having a 'magic-month' coming up where neither the A/C or heater runs. As payer of the power bill, I will be doing the happy-dance:dancing:.
I think it has already begun.:D
Paid the power bill today, only $154:woo hoo:
-$50 from typical.
The central unit has been completely silent 90% of the time today :).
Let the magic play! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Hope you’ve got your long-handles aired out! You’re getting chilly.
This is a "WARM" snap, has been in the upper teens, and snow.

Latest posts

Back