Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ours was interesting :rolleyes:.
Today was a 50¢ day (50% chance of rain) and we got nuthin all day:(...
...until 10pm, when the bottom fell out!!!:oops:
.31" in 15 minutes!gaah

Temp is 62, 85% humidity, lite rain. Yep, it's damp out! 🤣 Even the pup wanted inside.

I heard it thunder just before 10. Changed stations to watch the weather. At 9.59:38 I lost satellite contact. Big storm cloud went over, moving too fast for a lot of rain though.

Over in 15min, they were repeating the weather report... The main line of storms hasn't got here yet. Maybe about 1am looking at the radar.

Since I'll be up for a while i'll listen to the thunder. Still hearing it rumble off to the west.

The bad band got skinny and went screaming by me. But it's gone! A lot sooner than predicted.

Still heavy rain off to the west but the lighting and wind is by me. University of alabama got golf ball sized hail according to the news guy. They've interrupted programming.

No tornadoes but birmingham it about to get pounded. We needed a good rain. Temps will drop to low 30's, rest of the leaves will drop.

Last edited:
Horrendous here; if it were a few degrees colder we would be under a lot of snow. Had dangerous gales and rain yesterday, but no 'warning'. Not that we needed one, but it was odd. Kept the animals in, partially because I didn't want to go out again looking for them if they went into the woods. Trees are down locally and power out on the far side of our nearest road. Giving another storm this afternoon. It's constantly grey here, so the day is darker than normal, and by 2 or 3pm it's like late evening. At least people's Christmas lights brighten the place up!

There was tornados that touched down in middle Tennessee. Northwest of Nashville there was at least 6 killed.
We are getting some lightning and been raining for a while now. Our tornado watch is likely to fall off by 3. Heavyist part of the storm should hit around 1
Saw that, reading about it this morning, WOW!! Hope everyone here in the southeast states checks in soon, some bad storms going on!!

Low 50s at midnight. Dropping steadily thru the day. Had 1.51" of rain and still have a light rain. Over the past week we've had nearly 6". And are still 3+" under our average for the year. We've got one spot that we call our pond (LOL) when it rains a lot. At 1am it was full. At noon, after the heavy rain let up, it has all soaked in.

Well ours was interesting :rolleyes:.
Today was a 50¢ day (50% chance of rain) and we got nuthin all day:(...
...until 10pm, when the bottom fell out!!!:oops:
.31" in 15 minutes!gaah
It was neat to watch the humidity nosedive from 93% to 48%, and the barometer zoom from 998 to 1010 in just 12 hours :thumbs:.
It's obvious that a high-pressure front moved in and chased the bad stuff out.
Our beautiful blue skies proved it.:D

It rained all day yesterday, we got a little over 2"s, then last night it switched over to snow, but only a dusting. We were lucky, if it had been cool enough to snow yesterday we would have received a good dose of the white stuff. :)

They expect it to warm up today, so we will not have anything left on the ground by tonight.

It has been clear but cold here. Temps won't be much above 50 for the next week, and lows are in the 20's. I am putting the Golf clubs in the garage for a while. :(

We've had a lot of frozen fog here for a couple weeks now. It's been rare to see the sun. Lows and highs have been in the teens to mid 20's with very little snow so far this winter. I checked on the pump house the other day and the pilot light was out on the heater. Good thing the building is well insulated and nothing froze.

Yesterdays high was mid 50sF.. Today 50F.. Overcast now and supposed to rain..
We are predicted to have a ...brown Christmas.. here.. It happens now and then. Problem is without light snow, thaw, freeze, repeat cycles all vegetation down to ground level is bone dry and an extreme fire danger..

Latest posts

Back