Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🐝 Careful Out there as it is "Just Nice" here and getting Ready to Mow Some ✂️✂️✂️

Flood advisory now!
I was wondering why the TV kept beeping with a tornado watch, and no dark clouds to be seen in the sky...
Well it is missing us to the north, but I bet @zannej will be dancing soon :oops::
Screenshot_20240516-183011_kindlephoto-2632204731.png

90f too warm for me lol
Well, actually…I can deal with it up into the high 90s here and even the low 100s. Pearl and I live less than an hour from each other. I used to live in the MidAtlantic states, cold, snow, ice, hot, humid, all of it. Here the extreme is the long summer, May-late September. We get snow and ice too.

All's Quiet on the North Eastern Side of this Big hill...!!!

I was wondering why the TV kept beeping with a tornado watch, and no dark clouds to be seen in the sky...
Well it is missing us to the north, but I bet @zannej will be dancing soon :oops::
Well we got us some of it! :thumbs:
Fantastic light show on the back patio, and endless loud booms:dancing:.
Fortunately, it was fast moving. Only 1.01" of rain in an hour.

Well, actually…I can deal with it up into the high 90s here and even the low 100s. Pearl and I live less than an hour from each other. I used to live in the MidAtlantic states, cold, snow, ice, hot, humid, all of it. Here the extreme is the long summer, May-late September. We get snow and ice too.
Remember, I'm originally a Jersey Girl!! I LOVED WINTER, snow and ice! Then I came to Texas as a teenager, it was April and 98°!! I fell in love!! Last summer's 110-114° was ALL ME! I can't explain why!!🤔

Remember, I'm originally a Jersey Girl!! I LOVED WINTER, snow and ice! Then I came to Texas as a teenager, it was April and 98°!! I fell in love!! Last summer's 110-114° was ALL ME! I can't explain why!!🤔
I can explain it for me...
If your joints hurt when you are cold, and hurt less the hotter you get, guess how hot you like it?
Damhot!!! :D

Last edited:
I can explain it for me...
If your joints hurt when you are cold, and hurt less the hotter you get, guess how hot you like it?
Damhot!!! :D
I got out of a car on a blacktop parking lot and thought, THIS IS AWESOME!! I know I've mentioned I have a sun addiction, no joking!!🤔

I just got a text message from our member Zanne. They just had a hailstorm come through their property, and this is what she wrote...

Power is out here and a tree is on the road over the lines so we are stranded but we're ok. Brother got stuck in town bc of the tree so it's just mom and I out here. Bro is trying to contact power company to tell them about the tree. I have to go outside to send these messages. No signal inside.

She said her mom is ok with plenty of provisions.

Girl. I never forget that. You, me and @Tommyice are sisters. fyi i've been in TX for 15 yrs. Said nope, not staying here! But there is definitely something about this state that gets to ya in a good way.

Girl. I never forget that. You, me and @Tommyice are sisters. fyi i've been in TX for 15 yrs. Said nope, not staying here! But there is definitely something about this state that gets to ya in a good way.
I might visit there some day but I don't think I would ever leave the this side of the Mississippi to live. I love my seasonal changes too much. Especially Autumn. The smell of the dying leaves (sometimes secretly burning them), the crispness of the air, the crunching sound the leaves make when you walk on them. The coziness of a thick, flannel shirt/jacket. The witch hazel blooming in the woods after everything else starts their slumber. The quiet, peacefulness of a gentle snowfall.

The most important reason--nothing that is poisonous sneaking into your shower with you or slithering around in the yard.

I just got a text message from our member Zanne. They just had a hailstorm come through their property, and this is what she wrote...

Power is out here and a tree is on the road over the lines so we are stranded but we're ok. Brother got stuck in town bc of the tree so it's just mom and I out here. Bro is trying to contact power company to tell them about the tree. I have to go outside to send these messages. No signal inside.

She said her mom is ok with plenty of provisions.
I'm glad she contacted you!!😮 And glad they are safe! Thanks for letting us know!!

Lots of Dampness Outside...!!! Plants Are Loving it...!!

More from Z girl..

Power is still out but they said crews have been dispatched and I can hear chainsaws in the distance

It was the loggers out cutting. They aren't supposed to be on the roads within 24 hours of rain but they cut a path so they could get to work.

Eta on restoration in town Was 5pm.

Mom still fine.

More from Z girl..

Power is still out but they said crews have been dispatched and I can hear chainsaws in the distance

It was the loggers out cutting. They aren't supposed to be on the roads within 24 hours of rain but they cut a path so they could get to work.

Eta on restoration in town Was 5pm.

Mom still fine.
Thanks again Havasu!! Glad her mom is ok! I know she's hating not having AC!!🙁

Latest posts

Back