Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be the first day 2024 that we hit 80 degrees "ABOVE".

Here's our patio "feels-like" thermometer.
It does not get direct sun, but it does get 'indirect' sunlight from the yard.
IMG_20240615_141523_1_kindlephoto-851405432.jpg

Joint pain = gone! :D
(actual air temp=95°)

it is 42 f right now , it was about 65 ish late morning then a thunder storm then medium to light rain most of the afternoon. I had to light the stove, or at least chose to it is a little chilly for comfort in here.

This will be the first day 2024 that we hit 80 degrees "ABOVE".
it has to be almost 24 hours of daylight in your part of the world by now???or for a while

We do tours and sometimes some of the folks camp our with us in the beautiful montana rocky mountains here in montana.
Our next tour starts this sunday afternoon and goes for four nights....
The forcasted low each night is in the 30'sF with possible snow in the higher elevations... We have been calling people and telling them to bring their winter coats...Going to be some interesting reactions for the folks coming from the hot and humid midwest and south..

Rain Finally Stopped...!!! Now it's just ☁️

HVAC just switched On and it's set for 83f... Now One has an :lightbulb: as too what it's like Outside...!!!

Another 80 degree day. For those who are not aware in the interior Alaska it gets over 100 degrees, but generally in the 90's in the summer. 24 hours of sunlight makes for gardens on steroids.

Hot!🌞 There's a tropical thing in the gulf, hopefully only clouds from it up my way!! Southeast Texas may get some heavy rain from it this week!
I got yer 'thing', right here! :mad:
Storming today.
1.92" in a couple hours.
Had planned to make my store run today... nope! :(

I got yer 'thing', right here! :mad:
Storming today.
1.92" in a couple hours.
Had planned to make my store run today... nope! :(
That is a 💩 load of rain, Hope everybody is ok.

Maybe he'll get a REAL spinny thing this year!! 😮😉
Oh trust me, if we go an unbelievable 3rd year in a row with zero, zip, nada, I will not be heartbroken.
Every house down here wears a badge of honor called Wainscoting.
Can you spot it? :
IMG_20240616_234329_3_kindlephoto-915988168.jpg

When they cut out the soaked/swollen sheetrock parts, that's what they put in it's place.
Knowing that the house you live in, once had over a foot of water in it, is not comforting. :(

Last edited:
Oh trust me, if we go an unbelievable 3rd year in a row with zero, zip, nada, I will not be heartbroken.
Every house down here wears a badge of honor called Wainscoting.
Can you spot it? :
View attachment 155257

When they cut out the soaked/swollen sheetrock parts, that's what they put in it's place.
Knowing that the house you live in, once had over a foot of water in it, is not comforting. :(
Looks like "Alberto" is coming to life....where will he go???🤔

The Entree of the day is 🌥️ but the Meal of the day will 🐝 a 🔥 One...!!!

Rain, rain, flood warnings, overcast, west wind, 80+/60F... Prime season for thunderstorms in this area.. With todays overcast it won't break 60F.. I'm OK with that.. Yes, like TI said, 22 hours of useable day light and barely 15C was my favorite time of the year..

Doesn't matter what the weather does.. As long as the power stays on.. Slow cooker full of chicken and cream of mushroom soup.. Nowhere to go, nothing needing done.. Quality sofa time today..

Back