• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot- Fahrenheit !

it was so hot my gloves were about to melt laying on truck tailgate while replacing a battery in another truck..couldnt hardly touch them when i grabbed them..got in truck to start it and yellow jackets built a nest in door hinge area while its been down the last month...yippy...they are no longer with us.

hot- Fahrenheit !

it was so hot my gloves were about to melt laying on truck tailgate while replacing a battery in another truck..couldnt hardly touch them when i grabbed them..got in truck to start it and yellow jackets built a nest in door hinge area while its been down the last month...yippy...they are no longer with us.
That reminds me....I have to check my propane! Those things always build under the lid!🙁🐝

Well I think here we are into summer. Looks like 115's from now until late August.
19397012_1580223662017581_3437791673466659586_n.jpg

Its hot but done better today ! been out enough to adjust.

ac·cli·mate
[ˈakləˌmāt]
verb
acclimated (past tense) · acclimated (past participle)
  1. become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions:
    "it will take a few days to get acclimated to the altitude"

Its hot but done better today ! been out enough to adjust.

ac·cli·mate
[ˈakləˌmāt]
verb
acclimated (past tense) · acclimated (past participle)
  1. become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions:
    "it will take a few days to get acclimated to the altitude"
I preach a lot about "acclimate".
It's how we walk around down here like normal when it is over 100° for 3 months, and laugh when Yankees visit and melt like snowflakes. 🤣
Acclimate juice -
62288-Toast.gif
...Just ask a 'pro' like @Pearl .;)

Last edited:
WATCH: Hot, humid and hazy through weekend across the Mid-South

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Welcome to Friday evening, everyone:
A Code Orange Alert is in effect for Memphis, all of Shelby Co., Crittenden and DeSoto Co. Saturday.
Astronomical summer began with the summer solstice Thursday at 3:50 p.m. CT.

The Strawberry Moon will be visible tonight.
Tonight will be fair, warm and humid.
The first full weekend of Summer 2024 will be hazy hot and humid. Triple-digit heat indices are likely before the weekend is done. The next chance of rain is more likely by the middle of next week.

My condolences for those of you in the red. For those in the purple, have you considered moving?

View attachment 155636
Well I've considered it. But 115/120 and 9% humidity, vs 90 and 90% humidity. I'll take the desert. It's really only bad for 3 months, unlike the south that needs AC 10 months and the rest that alternates between melting and freezing.

Plus, nobody's gonna bug out here. I mean you'd have to be nuts to live here. Oh, wait... ;)

My condolences for those of you in the red. For those in the purple, have you considered moving?

View attachment 155636
I'm in the red in north central Texas a few counties south of the Oklahoma border and those temps are lower than normal although the intensity of the heat has been worse than usual.
:D

View attachment 155636
Thank you for your concern. I live in the purple area. Hot weather arrives here in July, the hottest month of the year. However from September through May, when much of the country is freezing and shoveling snow, I’ll be in a tee shirt shoveling sunshine off my driveway.:p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back