Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been over 100f the last 2 days. This afternoon the humidity got even higher. I went to harvest plants, soaked my clothes, stayed hydrated though.

Got a nice rain just before dark, temps dropped 10 degrees. 80 on my porch right now, might make into the 70's tonight. But my a/c works fine, nice and cool in the house. Sorry @Patchouli , don't know which is worse... lost my heat during an ice storm once, a rental in tn. But, after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure i'd rather be hot than cold. :)

I don't know @Peanut
I think about that frequently, would I rather run out of power in the heat or in the cold? I think I'd do better running out of power in the cold. It might kill me to get too hot and I think statistics have shown that more people die from the heat every year than the cold. TEHO, to each his own.
You can only do so much to battle the heat.

and people laugh when i post all the time about the value of simple cheap box fans...yes plural.....they also laugh when i tell them about value of a 12 volt fan with oscillating feature!
We have 3 or 4 box fans that I use to dry carpet. We also have a couple of wind tunnels fans that I sleep with one & the other is a move around fan where it's needed. Our newest purchases were 3 oscillating fans (got them on sale) & those are a true winner. Now that we have them I don't think that we could live without them.

Weather here in NE AZ (6400') has been a bit warm but not the heat wave most are enduring. We get to mid-90s but it still cools off into the 60s at night. No AC in the house,

Monsoon rains (which cool things in evening) took a break for a week but seem to be back on track now.

how i can tell its real hot...i wear and sweatband all the time i sweat heavy...when you are weed eating and the band is so soaked it starts 'raining' on inside of safety sunglasses and runs down them to point you cant see...windshield wipers on inside of glasses...it could be a thing i tell ya ! in the 90's here.

ring headband out and go on till you cant...sit in front of a fan rest and drink water by quarts...repeat till you are dead of exhaustion...its way it is...pass the ice water please !

send the wambulance please...i might need to plop in pearls pool like a big ole fish bobber !

how i can tell its real hot...i wear and sweatband all the time i sweat heavy...when you are weed eating and the band is so soaked it starts 'raining' on inside of safety sunglasses and runs down them to point you cant see...windshield wipers on inside of glasses...it could be a thing i tell ya ! in the 90's here.

ring headband out and go on till you cant...sit in front of a fan rest and drink water by quarts...repeat till you are dead of exhaustion...its way it is...pass the ice water please !

send the wambulance please...i might need to plop in pearls pool like a big ole fish bobber !
I'm a head band (bandana) wearing sweater too!! Ice cold MILK is what I crave when hot!! I can easily drink a gallon a day in the summer! Beer in the pool, heading there now!! 100°!

I'm a head band (bandana) wearing sweater too!! Ice cold MILK is what I crave when hot!! I can easily drink a gallon a day in the summer! Beer in the pool, heading there now!! 100°!
Cold milk cools me off but I better not be needing to keep working after I drink it or it will be coming right back up.

I usually wear a large headband on my hair to keep hay and dust off but lately I have been wrapping it around my head because I am sweating also, yuck. Took 3 cold showers today , still miserably hot and no rain. But I tell myself, this will be over with soon and then it will be cold again, so I try not to complain too much. Could be worse, I could still be in Florida were this weather is endless

Oh and I like yogurt and banana smoothies with lots of ice to stay cool

The read out for my thermometer on back porch spiked to 102 today but I didn't think it felt that hot.

Wind has come up, clouds came in and things are cooling down

I bought a new Stetson straw hat a couple weeks ago, our PITA dog ate my other hat. He also ate my oil skin hat. I sweat a lot too. There's a nice sweat stain around my hat band.
It was 86 degs when we went shopping down south today and 78 degs here at home. We got about 10 drops of rain on the drive home. We're supposed to get dry lightning tonight and tomorrow. Dry lightning usually means lots of fires. We haven't had a drop of rain here for almost 2 months.

Not too bad today 99 for about 3 hours, cool 79 right now.

Going to do some work on the insulation this week and try to do some attic flooring. have to work up some vacuum piping issues for the central vacuum routing, I want to rerun the duct work for the central unit this October, November, it is helter skelter.

I also have to run a lot of cat 6 for the entire house security cameras, tvs, all kinds of communications BS it is a PITA.

So its work as soon as it gets light get out in about two hours and start again the next day But its gonna be some rainy days to work all day.

1721021929174.png

Latest posts

Back