Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
107°, still time to get a little higher!!
If you hit yer 108°, you gotta post a pic.
(no, you can't reuse the last one, there are people here that will check.:waiting:)

If you hit yer 108°, you gotta post a pic.
(no, you can't reuse the last one, there are people here that will check.:waiting:)
We made 108°, briefly! Cooled back down to 107° when I went for a picture! I usually hold out for 110° for a pic, but it's supposed to get hotter the next couple of days so I'll take 108° pics. Going poolside right now!🌡️😃🌞🍺 After I water the deer!!

My area hit 106°. Squirrels are splooting in the dirt area near the tree, where they go spread eagle and lie there trying to cool off.
It is 104° now. It is hard to live in this heat. The songbirds show up at the bird baths panting.
Last evening the sky was purplish where the sun had gone down. Beautiful but likely not a good sign. :rolleyes:

I've had wonky weather for 2 weeks. 2 hurricanes danced up the east coast, one last week, another this. They always make for weird weather here, random rain showers and storms traveling in unusual directions. This evening I got nasty thunderstorms south of me, nothing here but did get a small shower this morning.

over 100f is not civilized...i have to dump ice cubes down my shorts and sit over register for the air to blow up them in that kind of heat.

theres this old commercial for some type of pop..maybe sprite or 7-up and guy is walking down street and see water dripping down and looks up and runs up a bunch of steps to his apartment and open door and there is his little dog spread eagle with a/c blowing on his privates and belly ....lol..its funniest commercial ever...i see it in my minds eye every time yall talk about this extra hot weather.

Like this? @elkhound I just found it too
its so funny..i laugh every time.

TMI....i love a boxfan blowing up my shorts....roflmao...it cuts down on chaffing and monkey butt!

Car thermostat said 108 coming up the road, might actually be 103 on the patio.
I fussed at the dog to not chase the squirrels. The squirrels are splooting against the trees and the wet soil. They do not feel like playing that game today. I wish I had something set up for them, a cool running water stream or something from the hose.
IMG_4766.jpeg

Last edited:
Car thermostat said 108 coming up the road, might actually be 103 on the patio.
I fussed at the dog to not chase the squirrels. The squirrels are splooting against the trees and the wet soil. They do not feel like playing that game today. I wish I had something set up for them, a cool running water stream or something from the hose.
View attachment 160124
Keeps going between 107° and 108° here! Not much breeze!

It got up to a miserable 80 degs here today. It's cooling off nicely now. Cool enough for a nice cigar out on the deck.
I would be up with my glass smoker but it’s a little far. An old fashion with a hint of cherry or oak goes good with the right cigar.

Latest posts

Back