Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on up anytime. By Saturday we're supposed to have high temps around 60 degs. That's more like it. Now if we can just get some rain.
One of these days MT, probably when I am up North and you go West. I did like your grocery store with a gun dept.

This may sound trivial but, I have been waiting for a month and a half for a 'full-sun day' to grade my solar patio-lights and make a list of which ones I need to 'rehab'. :)
I finally got one today!🌞

The tail end of a tropical storm swung this way last night. Its stopped raining and the wind is gone but is still very grey.
Looking at the week ahead it will be between 14-18c (57f) and tons more rain to come. Its going to be a long and soggy winter, sigh.

It got fairly cool last night. Was 66 outside when i woke up this morning but was 89 inside. Currently 69 outside with 72% humidity and 78 inside with 47% humidity- at least in the hallway. It's damper in other rooms. Window is open to let some of the hot air out and cool air in.
Wifi thermostat comes in handy.
1724333821570.png

I cannot believe we are already more than half way thru 'hot August', (our hottest month). :oops:
With over a month of our constant mid-90's, I acclimated to it and hardly even noticed.
Thank goodness for no 'cool days' to throw me off track. :thumbs:

9:42 p.m. 95 hecka degrees, similar to fahrenheit, clear. Daughter keeps telling me with excitement that we are not going to have any more 100 degrees and above days for this year. I challenged her that it is still around.
Labor Day weekend, the year 2000...113°-116°! It can happen!!

Well, (fingers crossed) I think the worst is over for us. It was only 114 today and looks to hoover around 106-112 for the next couple of weeks. But we can get still get 115 in mid Oct though normal is 85ish. A couple years ago right after Labor Day a microburst took out 120 poles on our only line into town. Some folks were out a week, and it was still 118. We lucked out and were the first restored after about 6 hrs, so just switched to the generator and put in our backup window bangers.

6.15AM and its 51f......!!

looks like a few more days like this and going back to high of mid 80's...we shall see. i see some leaves turning yellow already on trees...walnut and birch and buckeyes...happens every year as first ones lose just a small portion.

Yesterday was STRANGE. We were eating dinner about 5:30 & I noticed how un sunny it was (I couldn't say dark) & I commented. My wife looked at the temp & it had dropped from 109 to 102 in something like 15 minutes. Sure enough we looked outside & a freak cloud had gone over & we got rain for about 2 to 3 minutes. Other than that it was normal all day, which means hot enough to fry eggs on the concrete.

Yesterday was STRANGE. We were eating dinner about 5:30 & I noticed how un sunny it was (I couldn't say dark) & I commented. My wife looked at the temp & it had dropped from 109 to 102 in something like 15 minutes. Sure enough we looked outside & a freak cloud had gone over & we got rain for about 2 to 3 minutes. Other than that it was normal all day, which means hot enough to fry eggs on the concrete.
Y'all have a chance for another pop up shower today!!

Latest posts

Back