Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you live in Alaska, Montana, Northern Idaho, and maybe Northern Minnesota you don't know what cold fronts are. :D

Looks like next week things will start to cool off. Some mid 70s and a lot of upper 60s. YES!
So when it was -10° in 2021 during a horrific ice storm, people died, power was out for weeks.....that wasn't a cold front??? You are correct, it was an artic cold front!! Had them again in 2022&2023, they didn't as long though!!

So when it was -10° in 2021 during a horrific ice storm, people died, power was out for weeks.....that wasn't a cold front??? You are correct, it was an artic cold front!! Had them again in 2022&2023, they didn't as long though!!
-10 that's nothing still shorts weather. :cool: Now -30 or -40 with a 10 to 20 MPH wind is cold!

I don't live in Vegas. I live in Montana in the capital. And ya it does although they say this winter maybe mild which means day highs might be zero to freezing and temps lower than that at night.
Sorry, thought you lived in Vegas!! Hopefully y'all get colder weather than Texas, please keep it up there, lol!

Francine.
Just for @Sourdough because he thinks I don't prep...
Got out our lights and radio gear if we should lose power.
Batteries refreshed and charged, and each one tested.
Not shown, are our (4) Magic Light bulbs that stay charged with everyday use, and will light up a whole room.
Our 'vintage' gear:
IMG_20240909_174532.jpg

Last edited:
Francine.
Just for @Sourdough because he thinks I don't prep...
Got out our lights and radio gear if we should lose power.
Batteries refreshed and charged, and each one tested.
Not shown, are our (4) Magic Light bulbs that stay charged with everyday use, and will light up a whole room.
Our 'vintage' gear:
View attachment 161844
And let's hope all the Yankees keep their cold fronts!!😉

And let's hope all the Yankees keep their cold fronts!!😉
We should be getting a huge dose of superheated air from the hot Gulf waters in a couple of days.:thumbs:
Not worried about Yankee air.:rolleyes:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...s-toward-louisiana-ending-atlantic-hurricane/
https://zoom.earth/maps/wind-gusts/#view=28.3051,-91.6864,7z/model=icon

If Francine stays the course and keeps more to the east we will probably get mostly rains. It showed it missing my parish entirely but it could very well turn once it hits land. Hoping it doesn't get stronger like they predict and that it loses strength and peters out.

The weather wasn't so bad yesterday. It's 71 now (was 75 earlier) and looks like thunderstorms and rain expected the next few days.

COLD in the morning, close to freezing. There is smoke outside already from the neighbors stoves. We don't have ours on yet but I am starting to hate cold showers . It does warm up in the afternoons. So yesterday we had a temp change from morning to afternoon of about 40 degrees

Well it just so happened that my regular scheduled beer & cig run fell on today.
The store was very busy. :oops:
Care to guess what the #1 thing people need to survive a storm?
All of the shelves for the chips were wiped clean!:LOL:

Well it just so happened that my regular scheduled beer & cig run fell on today.
The store was very busy. :oops:
Care to guess what the #1 thing people need to survive a storm?
All of the shelves for the chips were wiped clean!:LOL:
I've noticed that in previous years here, like before an ice or snow storm! Chips, bread, and beer are gone! Nothing like a piece of bread and some chips during a power outage!!😉

Gonna 🐝 Calm tonight, Tomorrow will 🐝 Brisk and Thursday might get rather Frisky...!!! B🐝 ready and safe in the areas...!!

We're ready. I did go to Walmart and they were out of the usual items. Thanks for checking!
Here's your Francine update, where you can see it make a sharp right turn after running into the wind shear.
211929_current_wind_sm.png

At least they got the warnings up for south MS and AL. :rolleyes: I think they are gonna take a hit.:(

-10 that's nothing still shorts weather. :cool: Now -30 or -40 with a 10 to 20 MPH wind is cold!
80 degrees below zero

The coldest temperature in the U.S. was set in Alaska: The mercury plummeted to 80 degrees below zero on Jan. 23, 1971, in Prospect Creek in central Alaska, north of Fairbanks.

80 degrees below zero

The coldest temperature in the U.S. was set in Alaska: The mercury plummeted to 80 degrees below zero on Jan. 23, 1971, in Prospect Creek in central Alaska, north of Fairbanks.
Roger's Pass in Montana held the record for awhile. I think that was in the 50s. Temp hit -70. We can that low with a wind chill factor.

Here's your Francine update, where you can see it make a sharp right turn after running into the wind shear.
211929_current_wind_sm.png

At least they got the warnings up for south MS and AL. :rolleyes: I think they are gonna take a hit.:(
Sup might get a spinny thing and it’s not even your birthday 🥳

Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 72 😲. That’s our coolest day since spring. 😍

Latest posts

Back