Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only weird thing with the storm, is the pine needles from the neighbors tree, standing straight up in the back yard.:dunno:
They always land flat on the ground.:oops:
IMG_20240911_193757.jpg

Edit: A better pic of our 'upstanding' pine needles:
IMG_20240911_200155.jpg

Last edited:
We get this for about three more weeks then it pretty mush stays the same but slowly shifts to SNOW.

1726103891749.png

Francine made landfall in Terrebonne Parish, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) southwest of Morgan City, the National Hurricane Center announced at 4 p.m. CDT. Packing maximum sustained winds near 100 mph (155 kph), the hurricane crashed into a fragile coastal region that hasn’t fully recovered from a series of devastating hurricanes in 2020 and 2021.

Power outages in Louisiana climbed rapidly to nearly 64,000. Hardest hit by the blackouts was Terrebonne Parish near where the storm’s center hit land, as well as neighboring St. Mary Parish that includes Morgan City.

READ MORE: Strengthened by warm oceans, Francine hits Louisiana as a Category 2 hurricane

The National Hurricane Center urged residents in a wide area of southern Louisiana to take shelter for the night as the hurricane moved to the northeast at 17 mph (28 kph). That included New Orleans, where forecasters said the storm’s eye could pass through.

“Conditions are going to go downhill really rapidly over the next couple of hours,” Jamie Rhome, the hurricane center’s deputy director, said in an online briefing just before landfall. “It’s not going to be a good night to be driving on the roads, especially when the sun goes down.”

I saw that the storm downgraded to tropical sooner than predicted. My friends in Kenner reported they didn't even lose power and are OK. We got some rain but that was about it. Glad this wasn't worse, although its still awful for the people hit hit as cat2.

Currently 73 and cloudy.

Backed the Ride out of the Carport to give it a Nature Washing... FREE...!!! 🌧️:thumbs:

Moving Briskly :

1726170248317.png

and still is large and impacts many areas ;

1726170292378.png

I got to thinking about Francine: If it is our only spinny-thing for the year, I will be completely happy. 😍
Still trying to find somewhere to rate her on my scale:
Somewhere between pretendicane, and storm? :dunno:

Got over 2 inches of badly needed rain since daylight. No nado's today, always a good thing. A little breezy this afternoon, gusts near 50mph. Temps never got out of the 70s, 71f right now.

The winds have died down but francine is still pulling tons of water laden air up from the gulf. More rain expected overnight into the morning. Should be clearing up by the afternoon.

Got over 2 inches of badly needed rain since daylight. No nado's today, always a good thing. A little breezy this afternoon, gusts near 50mph. Temps never got out of the 70s, 71f right now.

The winds have died down but francine is still pulling tons of water laden air up from the gulf. More rain expected overnight into the morning. Should be clearing up by the afternoon.
Ask, and you shall receive!
Super does fast shipping!
Next Day Air!!! :D

Need another update :

1726214719196.png

12 hours later...?!?

Looks like francine stalled out over Arkansas. I have a 70% chance of rain or greater till monday. The storm will keep pulling moist air from the gulf.

It's already rained this morning, scattered showers for the foreseeable future.

Back