Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sup might get a spinny thing and it’s not even your birthday 🥳

Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 72 😲. That’s our coolest day since spring. 😍
Francine:
An important factor that only us 'watchers' monitor is, movement speed.
The last few days it has been moving at 5mph, which is bad. More time to harvest 'horsepower' from the hot Gulf waters :(.
Lately, it has speeded up to 10mph, which is good, because this is it's time to intensify.
Less time to gain strength = :thumbs:

🎲🎲 c'mon Francine! Go west!!
BTW: this was my favorite name hurricane

1726030103762.png

Boy the weather in Southern CA is so dry that the fires in Southern CA is now 34,000 acres and growing. Homes are burning all over the place.

Sure glad I'm not living in CA. I thought it was bad here but boy do they have it bad there. I wonder if it's possible that the fire could head down the mountain into LA. Boy that would be some thing else.

Here's your Francine update, where you can see it make a sharp right turn after running into the wind shear.
211929_current_wind_sm.png

At least they got the warnings up for south MS and AL. :rolleyes: I think they are gonna take a hit.:(
Showing that it will hit us about 3 am Thursday morning. Glad we are 100 miles North of the coast.
Is Frodo in the path in Mississippi?
He is probably 60 miles North of us, so hopefully he will get a little less!

I feel for you guys in the hurricane season. They’re horrible because you can never be sure what you’re getting. Our equivalent is a n’oreaster but wind stops and snow does melt. Hurricanes seem to bring wave after wave of crap.

Francine:
Now moving at 16mph (great :D).
Already encountering land and weakening.
TWC is pist and down to whining about tornado watches and talking nonstop about how wonderful the pumps in NO are.:(
Cantore wasted a trip to Morgan City, but he did find a bakery that put his picture on cupcakes.🤪
66e0f710aa79f.image.png

On topic: typical rain and typical wind here.:rolleyes:

Gaining Ground, errrr, Wet...!!!

1726087111912.png

Hurricane update!! I just got a very light sprinkle!! Francine has a long reach! I'm heading out to the pool for the hurricane party!!😃
Well, Cantore finally got some wind to stand in!:woo hoo:
If you look at the track, Mississippi was obviously the high bidder.
Me, watching the barometer stairstep down. 1004 yesterday, 992 now.:oops:

Proud Prepper, Snappy, Frodo, & Supervisor I hope you will all be OK.
1726091748745.png

Now a cat2. It veered slightly west briefly but then back east once it started hitting land. I'm south-southwest of Alexandria. This site has a cool feature where if you hit the play button it shows you the path and tells you what the wind speeds are expected to be even in the surrounding areas as the storm passes through. Hoping it will downgrade before it gets in too far.

I forgot to mention that I've been hearing birds squawking outside, which is a good sign. Birds will leave if they sense a storm coming. If the birds leave, it's best to leave too. But they don't seem alarmed about the storm.

Last edited:
Had complete cloud cover by 3pm, Come on rain! Taking dad to the doctor this afternoon I drove through a couple miles of heavy smoke. Fire somewhere and it's big. A few fires just to the north are on the us fire map. It's bad dry here, we need the rain. Francine might do us a favor and put the fires out, hope so!

Back