Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Damp Outside here and there are Rumors of Strong Stores coming in the PM, hmmmmm? Remnants of those 100 mph Winds from Taxass...?!?

Heard Houston had 7 Fatalities... :(

Last week we were struck by a strange 90 mph wind covering the top entire county.
This same weather impact began again this week at the same time as last week.
We lost power again. It appears to be a pattern.

See: From Jeff - Weather Modification?
Jim said: "It appears as if a stationary emitter in Louisiana, possibly one or more of the many chemical plants in the area, spewed for the entire time the main storm system traveled East to the Atlantic.
Yep, it was us cajuns.:rolleyes:
Wiki: Geismar is an unincorporated community in Ascension Parish, Louisiana, United States and is at the heart of Louisiana's chemical corridor. The community is part of the Baton Rouge metropolitan statistical area. Geismar is south of Prairieville and west of Gonzales.
We farted. :LOL:

Just got a 3 thunderstorms back to back. Bout 2 inches of rain in the gauge. Big wind with the last one. At least one tree limb down that i can see in the driveway. Glad my cousin hasn't brought over another herd of cows yet. Else i'd be walking fence lines right now, out in this soggy mess checking for downed trees.

Tree limbs everywhere this morning. Small stuff except these 2 from the walnut trees. The Cana just to the left is laying down from the big winds. It was up to 4ft tall.

20240519_100106a.jpg

From Zanne...

Ok. So the morons forgot to flip a switch to turn our power back on. It just came back on now but we lost all of our cold food.

Would have been ok if the power had been turned back on yesterday.

When I asked if it was her breakers, she replied...

No. They have switches for each customer that they can flip on or off. Like they can shut it off due to non-payment

Snowing this morning and hopefully the last time I say this for the mostly behind me winter of 23/24. I have seen snow as late as Memorial Day.

something I have never seen in this part of the world, hail in May, and 1/2 an hour ago it was sunny.

So the question comes to mind, are we learning anything from these weather anomalies. I know that I need to make sure that I have at least a couple of small generators that run. and buy some more fuel.

So the question comes to mind, are we learning anything from these weather anomalies. I know that I need to make sure that I have at least a couple of small generators that run. and buy some more fuel.
Oh Lord! Don't trigger the 'climate-change' people!!! gaah

thanks for relaying messages, havasu!

I napped hard after the power was finally restored and I cleared out a bunch of spoiled food and stuff. Will have to replace insulin for mom and bro on Monday. They restored power to literally every other house in my area except mine on Saturday. Everyone else had lights by 6pm but we didn't get our power back until after noon on Sunday (today). It got up into the 90s on Saturday and today. Felt like I couldn't breathe.

Air fryer got killed by the power surges. Hoping it can be fixed, but if not we will need to replace it.

I hope we won't have any storms for awhile.

Temps Friday, Saturday at 85/65F.. About 1/4" rain late Friday night.. Today was about 10F cooler all around, wind changed 180 degrees, so rain is predicted the next 3 or so days.. City wide ..garage sale weekend.. went very well.. Being the big spender I am, I only spent $1 in all... Chuckle..

Snowing this morning and hopefully the last time I say this for the mostly behind me winter of 23/24. I have seen snow as late as Memorial Day.
Funny as it may seem to many, when I lived in the northern BC CA bush I saw snow every month of the year.. Not much snow at any one time, not for long and not all in the same year.. But snow you could leave a foot print in none the less..
something I have never seen in this part of the world, hail in May, and 1/2 an hour ago it was sunny.
Really.... ?? For what ever reason I got you kind of located around the Lethbridge area.. I'm surprised you haven't seen about every weather event available on the lenticular side of the Rockies.. ??

Latest posts

Back