weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
A strong arctic front sweeps through the area Wednesday morning bringing some very cold air to to the area. Winds will be very gusty during the day Wednesday making it feel like its in the teens and 20s all day. Layers are strongly recommended with highs Wednesday in the upper 30s.

Overnight lows by Thursday morning will drop down into the teens area wide.

Look for highs by Thursday to struggle to get above the freezing mark. Highs stay in the 30s to near 40s through the weekend.

An upper level disturbance moves towards the area in two pieces. The first wave arrives Friday bringing a chance of a light wintry mix of sleet and snow.

The second arrives by Saturday afternoon bringing with it the potential for wintry precip. Depending on exact timing, and placement of features a wintry mix may develop across portions of East Texas.

The main threat with the second wave looks to be more freezing rain, cold rain, or sleet. Needless to say, more details will be forthcoming in the coming days. Stay Tuned!

Have a great day!

i've done what i can to protect the plumbing,from a winter freeze..and i put a 55 gallon barrel in the bathroom,and filled it with water.just in case the pipes do freeze up on me..

here we have soon big problems when temps go up,then down...up again and down..from very cold to mild..plumbing in houses have a hell to cope with it, streets freeze and melts and freezes again,no help of sanding the streets,people fall and break bones,hospitals are having a nightmare patching up people..

from midnight here,rain,heavy wind and later snow..

High today 26f and snow flurry's low tonight 6f . Will not be above freezing for couple days . No snow acumalation expected .

Last edited:
I'm in FL, and supposed to be in the 30's tonight.
For most Floridians, that's arctic. For me, though, not too bad.
Just like last night, just means we need to blanket the horses, and put tarp around the henhouse (to cut the wind), and blankets around bunny hutches.
I already put a little kerosene in the diesel.

Currently 13 degrees and sunny, 5-10 mph ENE wind, with a 5 degree wind chill factor.

Last edited:
here we have soon big problems when temps go up,then down...up again and down..from very cold to mild..plumbing in houses have a hell to cope with it, streets freeze and melts and freezes again,no help of sanding the streets,people fall and break bones,hospitals are having a nightmare patching up people..

from midnight here,rain,heavy wind and later snow..
How cold are your temps there?

I work a distance to the North East from where I live and it had been snowing for the past 3 hours , when I got home it had just started to flurry . Its right at freezing and its a wet sticky snow .

sunny here today, which is a surprise its usually raining!!

Lovely sunny afternoon here and it's supposed to be an improving picture ove the next week or so. I do believe spring has sprung!
Stay safe in the storm, Jim.

working on it..getting everything done,that requires electricity..just in case it goes out.mom is calling grand kids "hers" lol. when it comes to the ones,that need to worry about tornado(es)..i go outside time to time to just to look things over,when it comes to the rain clouds..watching news on tv.and i have live radar window open on pc to watch it time 2 time..local tv station when it comes to that..

Sunny and around 80F here today. Jim's storms tomorrow and tomorrow night....

The cars are yellow... with pollen...

miller..you might wanna make sure that your prepared for it..especially if it's as severe as here.when it gets to yall..on account we're getting all kinds of tornado watches and warnings here..matter of fact.im surprised that we aint lost electric yet..

miller..you might wanna make sure that your prepared for it..especially if it's as severe as here.when it gets to yall..on account we're getting all kinds of tornado watches and warnings here..matter of fact.im surprised that we aint lost electric yet..

Thanks for letting me know.

This is how much we got today.we normally get less then 2 inches in a day or week.

0402171608a.jpg

Not bad for a day. Our last rain got us about 3 inches as well. They're calling for a couple more tomorrow. For that part, I just hope it rains some this summer...

The small creek in the front of the property feeds three ponds here. They are staying full, but the creek is just a trickle most of the time now. I'll take as much rain as nature can muster right now. I'm just hoping we don't go into the hot drought conditions again this summer.

The small creek in the front of the property feeds three ponds here. They are staying full, but the creek is just a trickle most of the time now. I'll take as much rain as nature can muster right now. I'm just hoping we don't go into the hot drought conditions again this summer.

The weather sounds like you should get some tomorrow night. Hope it doesn't get too bad there. They're saying 60mph winds here.

The weather sounds like you should get some tomorrow night. Hope it doesn't get too bad there. They're saying 60mph winds here.
I don't worry about the forecasts as they are wrong more often than right. If you are in the path of a really bad storm, well, that's what insurance is for.

everything here,is good to go..everything got saturated is all...
Hope everything is ok there Jim.

good luck with the snow melt..
Sunny with clouds, high winds and snow squalls today. Most of the snow is melted in the exposed areas. Still a lot of snow in the trees and protected areas. The snow just melted off the garden area.

All we had was a couple inches of rain and some wind. Another line forming near the Mizsippi River. We'll see what that does...

Back