weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat weather report said it was going to be bad for us on Sun and worst than we had just seen on the Wed before. . . 4 inch of rain, hail & tornadoes. Sun was mainly a lot of wind most all day with overcast skies. Gained a couple inches last night but that was about it. Only thing I worried about was if satilite was going to go out during the Walking Dead finally.

Sat weather report said it was going to be bad for us on Sun and worst than we had just seen on the Wed before. . . 4 inch of rain, hail & tornadoes. Sun was mainly a lot of wind most all day with overcast skies. Gained a couple inches last night but that was about it. Only thing I worried about was if satilite was going to go out during the Walking Dead finally.
Rained a couple inches, not gained :(!

Blew through here an hour ago.
Gusts up to 60 MPH.
We came through unscathed but the neighbor wasn't so fortunate.
IMG_20170403_132258_zpss7tr6oqk_edit_1491240506396_zpsaguv3jqp.jpg
I was driving thru Atlanta when it came thru. Had to dodge a couple garbage cans and lots of small limbs during the heights of the winds. It was kind of cool though, I love storms. I did see several trees uprooted, but none landed on anything important.

I was driving thru Atlanta when it came thru. Had to dodge a couple garbage cans and lots of small limbs during the heights of the winds. It was kind of cool though, I love storms. I did see several trees uprooted, but none landed on anything important.

I love storms too, unless there's a tornado in them!

I love storms too, unless there's a tornado in them!
The power that Mother Nature can muster has always left me with awe and respect. Years ago when hurricane Floyd was brushing the coast of Daytona Beach I was standing next to a three story building we were boarding the windows up on. Some of the gusts got over 60mph. We were having fun leaning back into the wind and not falling over, until a stop sign whizzed by. We got out of dodge right after that.

yeah.something like a stop sign flying by,will give anyone with the needed smarts to get while the getting is good..:D

N.E. Ohio windy, 40 m.p.h. sustained, light rain.
Might warm up the water so the fishing improves.

I'm still getting 1 day of sun two days of rain... still not drying out, I'm going to start calling this place little Ireland giving everything is a pretty green including the sides of the house and the moss is getting out of control. I'm also dealing with the invasion of the spanish bluebell hybrids, next to impossible to kill, have no clue how it found it's way up here.

From what I understand, you wait until they flower, remove the flowers, then spray with Glyphosate. Then spray any seedlings that come up later.

I don't like using chemicals on the yard. But after trying to dig up the dandelions in my front yard for years, I'm afraid I waited too late to start and they are winning the war, so I resorted to chemical warfare this year. Hopefully I only have to do it once, and will go back to digging them up once I have the upper hand.:rolleyes:

we just had a sever storm blow through..i had just brought up live radar from a local tv station,just to see that it was almost here.thats when i went to work on making sure that everything is up to par.that includes,flashlights,cell/smart phones,right along with everything else.pluss i unplugged everything then needed unplugging..on account that storm is loaded with lightening strikes..everyone east of me,might wanna make sure everything is up to par as well..

Agreed about wanting the rain. Ive been hose dragging and keeping things going, but nothing brings things to life like a good rain.

We have a chance tonight then again tomorrow. Our major storms come in on Mon & Tues. Expecting a bunch of rain out of it. Tried to hold off watering, but when I came home from work that was the first thing I did. Its crazy that we are expecting 55 degree weather later next week with it being almost June.

The leading edge of this front just got here. The wind was awesome! Now it's slowing down a little and the rain is starting to get heavy. Cool.... I love storms. I also love not having to drag hoses around early tomorrow morning.

The leading edge of this front just got here. The wind was awesome! Now it's slowing down a little and the rain is starting to get heavy. Cool.... I love storms. I also love not having to drag hoses around early tomorrow morning.

Today's batch just blew through. A couple inches in an hour. Lots of lightning. Also, it was sunny and about 90F, then in 15 minutes it got dark and was 70F.....

We had some weather blow through yesterday too. It got pretty wild for a while but passed over after a couple of hours. Haven't seen a good electrical storm in some years. I used to live in an area prone to them and loved watching all the goings-on.

Today's batch just blew through. A couple inches in an hour.
It was all over with by the time I woke up this morning around 6am. Some evidence of wind gusts, but nothing major. Apparently it's going to keep pulling warm moist air from the Gulf for the next few days with sporadic thunderstorms. As long as they are brief, that will be great for the yard and garden.

It was all over with by the time I woke up this morning around 6am. Some evidence of wind gusts, but nothing major. Apparently it's going to keep pulling warm moist air from the Gulf for the next few days with sporadic thunderstorms. As long as they are brief, that will be great for the yard and garden.
It hasn't stopped raining here yet this morning. I had a list of things to do, but the weather was a good excuse to be a bum so far today. It was intense at times last night, but this is the good slow kind of rain that really soaks in. I have to keep the covered area of the greenhouse watered by hand still but that doesn't take long.

We had a little thunderstorm yestersday afternoon but it didn't amount to much. Very little rain and no wind. Nice day today so I decided to do some fence repair. So far it looks like the fence held up pretty good over the winter. Just some broken wires from the elk.

well,i got my mowing done in time,yesterday.on account i woke up to it raining this morning..and it looks like it'll be raining untill tomorrow some time..

well,i got my mowing done in time,yesterday.on account i woke up to it raining this morning..and it looks like it'll be raining untill tomorrow some time..
I would rather mow damp grass as it kicks up less dust and other stuff that kills my allergies.

its bloody hot here today, I wouldn't be surprised if its the hottest day of the year.

Latest posts

Back