weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a thunder storm rolling through right now,the power blinked ,the flash light and oil lamp are at the ready

I just looked at the radar and it'll be here in a bit.

Glad we got the generator. The storm coming my way has 60mph winds in it....

I've been working some really long days, like 14 hours ish, so haven't looked at the weather. If you both got it then it's probably heading this way too. I'm about to get ready and head out for two jobs today that are three hours away from here. The rain may slow me down on the mountain roads, but won't stop me!

well.the thunderstorm is here..and a town 12 miles away.is under a tornado warning..and looking at the live Doppler radar.i can see that there's lots n lots of lightening strikes..

well.the thunderstorm not only dumped 4 1/2 inches of rain on us..it also took out the power as well.the power went out approximately at 7:45pm yesterday,and came back on approximately 9:20...some,if not most folks,dont realize to what all they have going for them.untill something like this happens..

well.the thunderstorm not only dumped 4 1/2 inches of rain on us..it also took out the power as well.the power went out approximately at 7:45pm yesterday,and came back on approximately 9:20...some,if not most folks,dont realize to what all they have going for them.untill something like this happens..
I hope you have a backup generator Jim.

It's been awful today. Blowing a steady 50mph, gusting to 60mph and raining in the horizontal. I've even put the heating on as it's struggling in the mid 50's. Glad I don't have to go out anywhere today.

yesterday the electric kept blinking off and on and off again, high winds all last night, now its drizzling, then sunny then drizzling again, forecast is for heavy rain and high winds for the rest of the week.
I hope its better on Sunday as I have an outdoor event to go to.

well.tropical storm Cindy's rain is officially here..we were even with out internet and tv for a lil bit,due to heavy cloud cover...in which that gave me a reason and time to make sure batteries n all is up to par..

Summer is here;

temps.jpg

been hot here the last few days, yesterday was so hot it was unbearable, a bit cooler today, we have been told to expect a thunderstorm but it hasn't arrived yet.

We've had the last of tropical storm Cindy passing by. Had a good 3 inch rain storm with 60mph winds. Can't complain about it being dry, but it's been 90+% humidity for a few days. Like a sauna....

And I need to mow as well, but it ain't gonna happen for a few days.

well.we got the rain,a power surge,a very loud clap of lightening,and no satellite service a bit.in which i had to unplug the tv and receiver for a bit,just to get the receiver to work right.

It's cooled down to the upper 70's daytime and upper 40's at night. Last week we had .06" rain. First rain since early June and it was bearly enough to settle the dust. No rain is expected for at least the rest of the month. The garden is loving this weather, as long as I water it every other day.

This has been the most consistent summer for weather I can ever remember. Every day is a few degrees from 90 plus or minus. Rain every other day or so in the afternoon that cools things off. I really thought the rain had stopped for the summer a couple of weeks ago. But then it started back. My grass has never looked this good in the 15 years we have lived here. I had to raise the mower deck up two notches to keep it from bogging down from the thick grass. First time EVER.

Latest posts

Back