• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilled Conecuh sausages for hotdogs. Had fresh peas and corn on the cob from the garden.

Does anyone know how to make hotdog relish? mustard/pickles?
I probably can find a recipe in my cookbooks.
I'll start looking tomorrow.
I will probably be making watermelon honey in the future.
I'll place it recipes if I find a semi mild one for you Peanut.

oh my goodness, the pork roast was so good. I go heavy on the seasonings so that it doesn't taste like meat. Middle east flavor, lots of turmeric, and about 8 other spices and herbs. sage, thyme, ginger, black smoked kiawe sea salt, pepper, cardamom, mint, smoked paprika.
:brewing: YUM. best ever.

Making some beans today with a broth made from the bones and bits of leftover pork chops we pan fried yesterday. Might do a spicy version to put over the rice we also have leftover. Some bok choy and other sautéed veggies with garlic. Maybe a berry or fresh cherry gratin for dessert.

Going taco salad. Romaine, iceberg, spinach, tomatoes, green onion, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese, black olives, pinto beans, black beans, salsa, hot sauce and sour cream. Going with Dr. Pepper Zero to drink.

These zero sodas are not as good as cane sugar versions, but they are better than the old "diet" versions were.

I have a well seasoned 1/2lb ground chuck patty sitting in the fridge right now that will go on the grill with 4 strips of thick cut peppered bacon and two slices of yellow onion. Once nicely cooked and seared the meat will be topped with two slices of deluxe American cheese until it is nicely melted. Then it will all go on a buttered and toasted bun along a couple spicy garlic dill pickle slices and a little thousand island dressing. Then it will go into my face as I slurp on some root beer. I will also probably eat some raw baby carrots and bell pepper strips just to confuse my digestive system.

BLT, corn on the cob and homemade guacamole.

IMG_4143.jpeg

Big lunch so tonight i just had a big salad with ham and bacon, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes from the garden. Had a couple boiled eggs on the side, just salt n pepper. Opened a new jar of peppercorns and the box of fancy crackers, yummy!

Been thinking about pie all week, think i have a peach pie in the freezer. To late tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Tonight I am making bratwurst and beans. The brats will be grilled and covered in beer braised onions. The beans will include chopped bacon, ground pork, onions, jalapenos, brown sugar and ancho chili powder. Those will get cooked in a cast iron crock on the smoker. I also just put a couple A&W Zeros in the fridge.

Just tossed a chicken, which I cut in half, into a salt/sugar brine. I will smoke the two halves up tonight and mop em with some lazy man's jerk sauce, which is really just Sweet Baby Ray's mixed with pineapple juice, rum, honey and chopped scotch bonnet peppers. My plan is to make up some mango pico to put on top but I may also grill up some corn on the cob. No soda tonight, I always have a Red Stripe beer with jerk chicken.

Dad got a new toy. He needed a new grill so got a small one that has a smoker built in. We smoked a ribeye topped with garlic butter, green beans from the garden and garlic toast. Ate it all before I got a pic but it was gorgeous!

Need take a pic of the smoker
IMG_2724.jpeg

Bought some wings yesterday, haven't had them in a while. Tonight, just wings, white bread, chips and my favorite mustard/vinegar bbq sauce. Never cared for sweet sauces...

I buy sauce in gallon jugs, doesn't spoil. I keep a vodka bottle of it in the kitchen. (They're great for camping or preps. I keep salt, spices and honey in them too. Stack together in a small area.)

Bbq sauce a.JPGbbq Sauce_v1.jpg

There is a pizza place near me that sells what they call the "Jumbo Slice". But in reality it is just 1/4 of an extra large pizza shoved in to a box. You just stop in, grab what you want from under the heater, pay and go. I grabbed a 6 meat - two kinds of pepperoni, Canadian bacon, American bacon, Italian sausage and ground beef. Will pair nicely with a root beer.

Latest posts

Back