• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite food in summer, had a mater sammich, peas and fried okra on the side. Watermelon for dessert...

20240701_185943a.jpg

I went with a salad again. Just a regular chef salad with smoked turkey, ham and hardboiled eggs. I also had a little bit of beek jerky because I was still a little hungry. I tried a new soda called "Creamy Coconut Dr. Pepper". I will be just fine if I never have it again.

I am not saying that doesn't look good, cause it does. I am saying that I don't see the bacon and lettuce. :cool:
Lettuce is over-rated :). BACON

Whatever sausage was lurking in the freeze. Turns out it was a Hot Mett.:). Some Relish and Tater salad, one must prepare for the day of independence.

I cooked up the corn on the cob before taking it to the party, broke each ear in half before boiling it. Wrapped them together in glass dish, covered with foil. By the time we ate them, they were cooled off, crunchy still but cooked, and so good! I thought they'd get mushy or something weird. Son-in-law took some of them, oiled or buttered them, put seasoning on them, slapped them on the grill for a few, those were good too but I preferred the originals. My salad, the corn, and he put hot dogs and hamburgers on the big grill. Great day.

As I was searching the kitchen for something to cook for dinner tonight, the wife walked in and declared she wanted Mexican food. Fine by me, that sounded good. (And it also meant we could go out and I wouldn't have to cook!) So we drove to a small family owned place only to find it was closed. Oh yeah, today is the 4th of July. So we thought chain restaurants might be open. We headed to "3 Margaritas". Not my favorite place, but OK kind of. They were closed too. Uh oh. I still might have to cook dinner. Then my wife said "What about Qdoba"? My stomach started to flip around in anguish, but I thought it still might be better than starting to cook this late in the evening.

And you know what? I actually enjoyed it! I was surprised. Sure, it was no doubt unhealthy. Loaded with salt. High in fat and calories. But dang it - it was good! I wouldn't want it every night, but seeing as how it has been many many years since we set foot in a Qdoba, I quite enjoyed myself. I did require a hit of antacids later in the evening, but that is pretty much expected these days anywhere we eat out. We cook most meals at home these days. Restaurants just don't seem as good as they used to be (or maybe my cooking has gotten better!) And restaurants are just so expensive now (Qdoba was actually pretty cheap though).

So, although unexpected, dinner worked out fine tonight!

Tonight will be grilled and smoke pork chops wrapped in foil packet.
With juialenne carrots,, sweet peppers, red,green,yellow, and orange, with little jalepeno,corn on cob covered in butter, seasoned with salt,pepper, Chinese 5 spice. served over dinner salad.
You eat with your eyes first.
Make your meals colorful.

Turns out the Lady is taking me out for Sushi. We have reservations at a place that is apparently quite in demand. I suppose I will have to actually put on nice clothes and behave like a gentleman as I slide raw fish and rice down my gullet. I think I will order something expensive, which of course means I will have to put out after. I mean fair is fair.

Eaten at the one by SDC campgrounds many times, huge portions. Need to head up that way soon. The job in Mountain Home, AR fell through. So will start looking again after I get my hip fixed.
This was the one in Ozark, the original Billy Gail’s in Branson has been bought out and they have added a couple more around the area.

Latest posts

Back