What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3.19

About $3.39 for Cheveron, $2.99 at the cheapo station. I've been running Cheveron lately. The cars seem happier. In my beater I run about 50/50 old (treated) storage gas and Cheveron. Seems to work fine.

Screenshot_20210929-202530.jpg

R 22.65 per lt ( about $1.26 ) , English gallon ( 4.54 Lt ) about $5.71,here in south Africa should be dropping about R 1.00 Lt ( about $0.06 ) on the first Wednesday( each Month it changes ) in September I am converting R18.00 to the Dollar. I am not sure Lt to American Gallon

Yeah, I gotta remember to go to Costco for gas. It's just that I'm too lazy to drive there, when an Exxon station is 1 mile from home!
Most people simply refuse to do the math. :(
If gas is 10¢/gallon cheaper 20 miles away and you buy 20 gallons, you save $2.
Will you burn more than $2 worth of gas driving a 40 mile round trip?
Yes, you will, a lot more!!.:oops:
That +10¢/gal gas one mile away is actually way cheaper. :(

8/27/24...
E 10 = $3.06-9.. Gallon.. This at my favorite neighborhood station..
Most other area stations about $3.09 to $3.14 range.. This down from $3.39 to $3.59 range..

I kind of use gas prices as an economic indicator.. I'm surprised the price is dropping like this when there is roughly a full week yet before school starts again.. However.. I have seen this in an election year before.. And a major US political party starting with ..Democrat.. claiming credit for this.. We will see how this year goes..

Latest posts

Back