What is "The VOID" in prepping currently....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no deal, but I saw a man make an arrowhead out of a soda bottle once.
I have an anvil & hammer, so I would make steel arrowhead first, but knowing how to make stone heads would work to.
Pearl mentioned Flint, or more specific knapping fairly in depth some time ago, and it stuck in my brain, Ben figured out who I was talking about. And best of all Sourdough always gets us using our grey matter even if a few squabbles break out.

The void for me is what to do next after awhile. Meaning after a big event. Sure, I have all the stuff I need right now, but where to go forward from there. But there's no way of knowing what you're left with in the world, so that's hard to imagine.
This is the reason so many people make up loooong list.
It is better to stock to much than not enough & we have no idea what we will need.
That why many of us stock tools as well as food.

The void for me is what to do next after awhile. Meaning after a big event. Sure, I have all the stuff I need right now, but where to go forward from there. But there's no way of knowing what you're left with in the world, so that's hard to imagine.
Prepping is a lifeboat.

We don't know off what shore we will be when the ship sinks.

That is why we stock the lifeboat as best we can, so that when we come on to that shore we have options.

You aren't going to live through the death of 8 billion people with stone arrowheads.

Your great great great grandchildren might.
I agree, so what.
But who will teach them, if not us?
And some of the mountain people may be able to use them.
Then there that thing about "one is nothing, two is one,three is two.
Water, food, shelter, weapons & fire.

Come on guy the flint knapping is about skills not that that is the answer to everything, cause if you have all the supplies except one thing and have to travel a hunderd mile to get it, and you just get there and "the other shoe drops" you need skills to get back to your stuff.

The biggest problem I have is age & it will not get any better with time.
No fire in life boats.

Ben
I disagree, a pan with sand will keep the coals from burning the boat.
But I have eaten raw fish before, I can do it again..

Oh, I have ways. There will still be carrier pigeons you know. She can figure out a way to fill my order 😂
Pigeons are tasty and if they come with a free prize (like Cracker Jacks) they will be highly sought after.

This is the reason so many people make up loooong list.
It is better to stock to much than not enough & we have no idea what we will need.
That why many of us stock tools as well as food.
Yep.

A well prepared person will have more than 90% of their preps in the non-food category.........but that will be despite having years of food stored.

That should give people who don't know what that looks like, a better/clearer idea.

Back