• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up early and asked Mom if she wanted McDonalds, I scheduled curbside pickup at Walmart to find stuff I couldn't find in the store when I looked and brought my brother along to keep me company. I was also hoping he'd help bring stuff in, but his legs were hurting. Went to the post office and found it was closed. Saw the sign on the door listing the holidays. Forgot about Juneteenth.

Got home and brother had to run straight to the bathroom so I unloaded all the cold stuff. I gave Mom her requested food, ate mine (and shared a little with the dog) and about 30min later bro came out and asked if there was still stuff to unload. I said nothing urgent and gave him his food.

Searched my bathroom again for something I was missing and found it.

Made lunch for Mom and then later made dinner. Hooray for frozen microwaveable stuff. LOL. I didn't feel like cooking on the stove. Still need to clean up the air fryer to see if friend can fix it.

Heard from my sister. She made it to Houston and is staying the night at our cousin's house. She'll be passing through here tomorrow on her way to Alexandria. More hotels and restaurants there. Lower tax and better prices than the two crapholes we have in town.

May have to look in Alexandria for some stuff to fill in for something I ordered off Amazon that didn't ship yet and won't arrive on time. Tempted to cancel it and tell them that bc they didn't send it in time, it won't arrive in time. If it doesn't arrive by Friday afternoon I'll cancel the order. It was supposed to arrive by Thursday but no way that is happening when they haven't even sent it yet.

Had to break up a cat fight again. Senator Snugglebum and Gravy Jones were at it and Snugglebum would not back off. He's the one who started it this time and one of them clawed the hell out of my side (they were both sitting on/near me when they started fighting). I finally had to pick Snugglebum up and take him out of the room. I set him on the potato bin and told him to calm his tits. He then went back over near my door (Gravy was still in my room). So I picked him up and put him on top of the fridge. He flopped down to pout but didn't try to go back in my room.

going to make bread dough today , it has to sit in fridge overnight
plus take care of the animals and water the garden and if I have time pull some more weeds and add some compost to the surviving plants
it's supposed to be really hot this weekend, hope people will show up for the market but it's early so shouldn't be too bad until afternoon

Happy summer solstice! Longest day of the year

Last edited:
Little Pincess is in the monitoring unit for a little while because her O2 was fluctuating a little more than they liked, we can't go in but her mom and dad can visit as much as they want without wearing her out.

All of the families are getting update twice a day or so we just want them to make sure she is good to go.

iu

My after work job is kicking my behind this week. I’ve been doing tile after work and my arms and neck and back are screaming at me this morning. Almost done. Probably one more night. Grandma seems thrilled. We have family coming in the rest of this week to do more painting including the cabinet bases. Trim will be added this week to the tops of the cabinets and everywhere else. Floor goes in next week. I’m currently drinking coffee waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in so I can work on a massive spreadsheet for real work 🤪. And yes, the ceiling slopes and the window isn’t centered We are leaning into the quirk of a 1915 house!
IMG_3365.jpeg
IMG_3364.jpeg

Nightmares...Meh. At least my stomach behaved.
Everything I touch turns to crap, I think I'll take another pill and sit this one out.
I'm doing that way too much lately.

Later schedule today at work.

Some of the kids took off this morning. I’ll see them in a few days.
This first day of summer sneaked up on me. Strawberry moon coming along June 22.
AC on car is doing a little better but I didn’t do anything. Still not good enough for Texas. Still need to have control arms replaced.

My after work job is kicking my behind this week. I’ve been doing tile after work and my arms and neck and back are screaming at me this morning. Almost done. Probably one more night. Grandma seems thrilled. We have family coming in the rest of this week to do more painting including the cabinet bases. Trim will be added this week to the tops of the cabinets and everywhere else. Floor goes in next week. I’m currently drinking coffee waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in so I can work on a massive spreadsheet for real work 🤪. And yes, the ceiling slopes and the window isn’t centered We are leaning into the quirk of a 1915 house!View attachment 155516View attachment 155517
What was in 1st, the Window or those Cabinets...?!?

Ugh over 2 hrs of animal chores done in this heat and humidity. I am mudded out head to toe, ready for the shower.
I think it's a stay home day, until I go pick up take out dinner at the amish restaurant tonight. I need to clean and get ready for guests. A cousin dinner here tomorrow night, my favorite cousin is coming. And we have two doc appts and the farmers mkt before the dinner. And our son will need a truck dropped off at the train station for his middle of the night arrival...but that's all tomorrow. So I'll get ready for it today.

My friend JC just phoned me and asked if I want to go in auto scrap yard with him
He knows I like to go there but but but ...
I said : Are you crazy its way to hot and humid outside
😮

So he told me he is going anyway ..but he will call me when it will be cold.
I said perfect!
One can Find $'s under the back seats and even 1st Aid Kits in Mercedes and Jaguars...!!!

What was in 1st, the Window or those Cabinets...?!?
Kind of both. We actually replaced the window but kept the same location to not open a bigger can of worms. The cabinets are what was already there, we just tuned them up and are painting them. This is 100% budget operation finding a happy medium between looking good and not spending 100k on the place while doing almost all the work ourselves.

Kind of both. We actually replaced the window but kept the same location to not open a bigger can of worms. The cabinets are what was already there, we just tuned them up and are painting them. This is 100% budget operation finding a happy medium between looking good and not spending 100k on the place while doing almost all the work ourselves.
I think sometimes it would be fun to add tiny signs throughout a house asking questions. "Why isn't this window centered?" "Why does the ceiling slope here?" In our house "Was there really a window into the spare room closet?" "Why were there two doors in the same corner of the bedroom?" The list could be long 😂 I think it would give folks things to muse over.

I think today I got a late covid symptom....weird stuff . I was watering the garden and was going to make lunch and noticed I had a weird splotchy rash on me. Arms, legs, and body. Not itchy. I looked it up and it said that some people get a rash a few weeks to a month after the covid goes away, and the photos looked just like it.
Here is the really weird thing. It just disappeared after about 2 hours, gone totally now. What a weird virus.....

Then son made me stressed. He wanted to have a fire for the summer solstice....I told him, no way, it is super dry, we live in the woods, one spark and the whole property could go up in flames. He insisted he would control it and have a hose to put anything out . But the firepit is right next to the house and smoke would come in too. I told him no way. He was going to do it anyway!! Then husband told him no way. So he made a fire in his woodstove ...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Really?> THis is the kid that just graduated with a engineering degree...sometimes he does not have a lot of sense, and when he wants to do something he wants to do it regardless

I think today I got a late covid symptom....weird stuff . I was watering the garden and was going to make lunch and noticed I had a weird splotchy rash on me. Arms, legs, and body. Not itchy. I looked it up and it said that some people get a rash a few weeks to a month after the covid goes away, and the photos looked just like it.
Here is the really weird thing. It just disappeared after about 2 hours, gone totally now. What a weird virus.....

Then son made me stressed. He wanted to have a fire for the summer solstice....I told him, no way, it is super dry, we live in the woods, one spark and the whole property could go up in flames. He insisted he would control it and have a hose to put anything out . But the firepit is right next to the house and smoke would come in too. I told him no way. He was going to do it anyway!! Then husband told him no way. So he made a fire in his woodstove ...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Really?> THis is the kid that just graduated with a engineering degree...sometimes he does not have a lot of sense, and when he wants to do something he wants to do it regardless
Syphs rash - it's common in infants. A rash reaction 10-14 days after fevering.

Today I’m trying to not hate the sun.

I worked in the sun, again, during the heatwave…. Afternoon brought a few moments of relief with sun behind clouds. Day and night difference.

Got home from work and let the dog out for awhile, then brought her in to cool off. Now I have comfortable dog at my side with her head on my lap. Life ain’t so bad now. :)

Got the next semester catalog of classes.
Nope, no money saved, no class is my mantra.
This idea should save me about $8000 including one lab but not the other lab.
I am 12 hours from my Masters.
Not counting labs, but I am good with that.
I would rather be debt free and own a home.
Than have a Masters degree I can't utilize ever.
But did sign up for local community college classes across the river.
Carpentry, plumbing practical skills.
I just have to pay for materials and nominal class fees due to be disabled veteran.

Thursday June 20th 2024
I stayed inside most of the day
8.00 pm 77f 53% humidity
Not dark yet
*Last night there was little bats flying
and lots of flashing fireflies :)

Everybody have been fed + fresh cool water
I did poor myself a glass of Shiraz
I will soak in bathub then go try to sleep

I know you will say :
*Yes we know you like cold temperature! :p
Indeed I love it !!!
1718928840164.png

So be comfy and have a great night !!!!

Last edited:
Left work, picked up 4gal of real milk, came home, have a batch of soap cooking, water is going outside. On the docket for tomorrow is a wheel of cheddar, a batch of mozzarella, whey ricotta from each batch and the repair dude is supposed to come look at one of the freezers. In between, am hoping to get the lawn mowed.

Yesterday I went to the big town, felt bad all afternoon but had to go. Figured it was a hold over from monday at the er. That wiped me out, took it easy today, even went for a drive after lunch. Checked a new stream for a medicinal plant. Saw the usual stuff but didn’t see a plant I need a lot of this year. Oh well, the search continues. Put on new guitar strings when I got home, playing a little tonight. Monthly bluegrass event this Sat.

Thinking of driving up to the mtn tomorrow afternoon and get a hotel rm. Filled up with gas yesterday, all my new electronics thoroughly tested this week. Extra water/beverages in the fridge and extra ice paks in the big freezer since yesterday. Taking my bedroll, this hotel is questionable. Never been there, in a small town and cheap. :rolleyes:

If I can force myself to shower and shave in the morning, just have load the truck and go! Mornings are not my friend... 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back