What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get a flat head screw driver (with or without the help of a hammer) between the hinge and the head of the pin to get it started?

Does the latch mechanism not turn at all? Maybe a picture would help.

@Peanut thank you, too bad you're not closer, I'd ask ya to come on by for a sip of non-alcohol sparkly stuff and get ya to fix the door knob.
You had to use your Dremel tool? I have a Dremel tool. I looked up a bunch of different videos on "how to" but too bad so sad, none for my situation. Please share with me how you removed it. You can p.m. or e.m. me.
You're so good to take care of your folks.
@Spikedriver a walk home is better than a drive. I had a very bad accident once late at night on black ice.

Patch that ain't no funo_O, thats like a tofu steak, fake news, dry shampoo, etc..:D.

Anyway so far the New Year is :great: mainly because I want it to be.:woo hoo:.

When put back together, the knobs don't turn.
It is probably a fairly heavy door. I'll do what I can with the flathead screwdriver. But if or when I get the middle pin off, is it obvious how the door can be removed?
There should be a piece inside the door that the knobs turn that pulls the latch. Does that move? Not the whole thing, just the half circle part. It should rotate to move the latch.

This one doesn't rotate but...

Last edited:
When put back together, the knobs don't turn.
It is probably a fairly heavy door. I'll do what I can with the flathead screwdriver. But if or when I get the middle pin off, is it obvious how the door can be removed?
If you get the hinges out you just push or pull the door depending on which side your on. Its best if you can have a person on both sides of the door.

If none of that works here's another option:

Breach.jpg

The dogs were barking, and as I looked out, I could see a tree limb bend down, then flip up...as a fat, bushy, squirrel sprang from limb to limb, the dogs below, looking up in anticipation, hoping for him to fall down....but he was agile...I had to laugh as he jumped from limb to limb, as if he was on a trampoline, boing...boing...boing....LOL....and then he makes his way up the old cottonwood tree...the dogs all sit in a circle below, looking up, their heads suddenly come up, and they begin to howl loudly...lost again...lost again....Yes, I amuse myself in my daily blessings, able to think how we go about, trying to get everything finished, and I go on my way, boing...boing...boing..into the New Year..

Engine piston and rings sound like a very eventful morning,I love working on vehicles.

Since son is not going to be here to help till who knows when, looks like the parts will just stay in the truck in the boxes . Hubby can't tske much laying on the ground. No way will we pay : inflasioned" price of used vehicle that may give us problems too.

Spike, lots of bars are closing. Nobody goes to them much anymore to drink, most go to sit stoned on drugs or text on phones instead of ordering alcohol. Our little town bar use to be packed as was the dinner club part of it. Now its going out of business.
It was packed at 6 pm. It was packed a couple years ago on New years Eve too, which is the last time I went up there other than to order food. Maybe all the drunks have moved out of town...:rolleyes:

It was packed at 6 pm. It was packed a couple years ago on New years Eve too, which is the last time I went up there other than to order food. Maybe all the drunks have moved out of town...:rolleyes:

More likely that they couldn't or didn't want to staff it later than that. More and more local businesses are adjusting their hours based on employee availability than anything else.

Just got back from Urgent Care. Had a rash that spread all over my body. Thought it might be a food allergy from Chinese food we had for lunch yesterday, but it turns out it's probably something viral...

Going on Prednisone for the next few days to try to clear it up.

Happy New Year to me! :rolleyes:
I hate that stuff too. I got put on a dose pack once. Didn't sleep for two days and turned me into the biggest jerk you ever saw. It was bad enough the other railroaders were offended, and railroaders are a pretty rough bunch...

Just got back from Urgent Care. Had a rash that spread all over my body. Thought it might be a food allergy from Chinese food we had for lunch yesterday, but it turns out it's probably something viral...

Going on Prednisone for the next few days to try to clear it up.

Happy New Year to me! :rolleyes:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking that doesn't sound like such a fun way to ring in the new year.

@Patchouli Yay! I had no reasonable advice well, aside from what @Sentry18 posted - eerrrr wait, uh reasonable yes, reasonable was the key word o_O
@Haertig Good you miss her - means you love her :).
@Spikedriver Hot time in ol' town eh. Sounds like where I grew up. Not much of a town. We used to spend the evening with the neighbors and played "The Farming Game" until midnight. (Like monopoly but farm style, hay, barns etc.)
@Meerkat Politics? What politics? I never heard you mention politics. (Psst. Show that to hubby. You can pay me back later :D)

Update on Strawberry's care while I deal with surgery tomorrow.
Strawberry happily got into cousin's van after she slipped out of her harness again.
Loaded up her kennel and off she went to run , play on 20 acres.
As luck would have it her brother Lucky lives on that same 20 acres.
Hopefully she won't kill any chickens while she 's there.
She gave me big slurp, laid down in front seat, never looked back.
Finishing up my to do list for surgery tomorrow.
Floors are dusted, bed linens are being washed now.
Then bed will be remade with clean sheets, blankets.
Hopefully will only be in hospital 2-3 days.
And next week Strawberry will be back with me.
My place is quite.
Just got to make dinner, do up dab of dishes.
Can't have coffee after midnight.
So am sipping on a pot now.
Not so worried about the surgery.
But extremely worried about Strawberry.

@MoBookworm1957 prayers and luck be with you dear! Like a kid at camp, Strawberry will have a blast then about the time she gets tired of all the fun and games, she will get to come home and will be as happy to see you as you will to see her :huggs:

Also @Weedygarden I still think your avatar is just one of the cutest darn pictures I've ever seen :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking that doesn't sound like such a fun way to ring in the new year.

@Patchouli Yay! I had no reasonable advice well, aside from what @Sentry18 posted - eerrrr wait, uh reasonable yes, reasonable was the key word o_O
@Haertig Good you miss her - means you love her :).
@Spikedriver Hot time in ol' town eh. Sounds like where I grew up. Not much of a town. We used to spend the evening with the neighbors and played "The Farming Game" until midnight. (Like monopoly but farm style, hay, barns etc.)
@Meerkat Politics? What politics? I never heard you mention politics. (Psst. Show that to hubby. You can pay me back later :D)

LadtL, that was funny.:thumbs: I'll show it to him now. If I can tear him from th boat forum or mechanics .:D

I hate that stuff too. I got put on a dose pack once. Didn't sleep for two days and turned me into the biggest jerk you ever saw. It was bad enough the other railroaders were offended, and railroaders are a pretty rough bunch...

Last time I took prednisone it kept me up for 4 days. I binged watched the first 5 seasons of Game of Thrones and haunted the forum. Havasu kept telling me to cough cause I had pneumonia again.

Hubby has the liquid form for his eye. 2 years ago he was diagnosed with eye-ritis (sp?) its a virus of the eye. No cure so his doc who did his cataract surgery has him on it for another 6 weeks or so. He doesn't seem to have any problems with it at all

Update on Strawberry's care while I deal with surgery tomorrow.
Strawberry happily got into cousin's van after she slipped out of her harness again.
Loaded up her kennel and off she went to run , play on 20 acres.
As luck would have it her brother Lucky lives on that same 20 acres.
Hopefully she won't kill any chickens while she 's there.
She gave me big slurp, laid down in front seat, never looked back.
Finishing up my to do list for surgery tomorrow.
Floors are dusted, bed linens are being washed now.
Then bed will be remade with clean sheets, blankets.
Hopefully will only be in hospital 2-3 days.
And next week Strawberry will be back with me.
My place is quite.
Just got to make dinner, do up dab of dishes.
Can't have coffee after midnight.
So am sipping on a pot now.
Not so worried about the surgery.
But extremely worried about Strawberry.

Hope surgery is the over and healing is quick :huggs:.I'm sure Strawberry will miss you alot,but be fine running aound 20 acres.

@MoBookworm1957 prayers and luck be with you dear! Like a kid at camp, Strawberry will have a blast then about the time she gets tired of all the fun and games, she will get to come home and will be as happy to see you as you will to see her :huggs:

Also @Weedygarden I still think your avatar is just one of the cutest darn pictures I've ever seen :)

LadyL I think Weedys avatar is really cute too.

Latest posts

Back