What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last 2 months have been a blur. I woke up this morning and realized that today is the first day in forever that I don't have half-dozen deliverables at work hanging fire... The house work is piled up but I honestly haven't had time to look around to see what needs done, it's raining today so I will be limited on what I can do. It feels good to just be able to sit down and read what everyone has been doing. Have a great day...

Wow Urban, there you are. I hope things quiet down for you, that's alot.
I've got the chiropractor this morning, a couple hours of animal chores afterwards, then dishwasher repair guy sometime, husband's IV meds get delivered before lunch, and to the bigger town to get a bump near my elbow froze off. Hopefully some cleaning in between. Dave the fixit guy won't be back till next week, so I have some clean up time without sawdust flying. Rowdy the pup has some pills I need to get down him this morning.

The last 2 months have been a blur. I woke up this morning and realized that today is the first day in forever that I don't have half-dozen deliverables at work hanging fire... The house work is piled up but I honestly haven't had time to look around to see what needs done, it's raining today so I will be limited on what I can do. It feels good to just be able to sit down and read what everyone has been doing. Have a great day...
Hope life calms down a little and gives you some breathing room!! Always glad to see you!!

Did not sleep well last night, it was pouring so much it was loud on the metal roof. I woke up late. Looked at weather, flash flood warming, already had 2 inches in one night and will have 2 more days of rain. I guess after months of nothing we are all getting it at one time now. Hopefully we will be able to get to our festival ( and people going to it also!) wow, I don't even want to go look at our road. Water is of course dirty also, but that's normal for so much rain in a short time. I should have gone and unplugged one of the spring lines. Usually do that but there was almost no flow in it when I checked so I left it alone.

So today we are going to rotate animals around in the barn and clean. Maybe the sheep will go out in the rain for a little while, they don't usually mind too much getting wet, but they also mind if it is pouring and will huddle under the little shelter
No other plans for today it will take a while just to take care of the animals and clean

We had some high winds last night, with just a few drops of rain. I had a stack of corrugated metal roofing out in the back yard for a project I'm working on. The wind blew it all over the yard. I went outside moved it and re-stacked it. Haven't seen any damage yet. It cleaned out the dead pine needles from the trees.
Got a doctor's appointment later today. It's about a 2 hour drive from here so we'll have dinner down there before coming home.

Woke up and went to see if Mom wanted breakfast and got her something. I made myself some eggs and grilled cheese sammich.
Took a nap and then kitties started demanding food. 11 of them were in the kitchen hollering at me. Rupert, who slept curled up against me, was still sleeping on my bed. Got back into the bed and pulled him onto my lap. He's warm and happy.

Gonna try to do some cleaning today once I wake up more.

Did laundry, got the second batch of beet greens off the dehydrator, put in for my rebate on my contacts — jeez, just charge me less, don’t make me jump through hoops. Got a walk.

Heading out for errands now and then will probably put some apples on the dehydrator if I have time before I make dinner.

Got up, went to the fitness center to work out, got cleaned up, did a little dirty work for the firm, put a camera up in the hallway outside the apartment, did some reorganizing in the kitchen, sharpened the outrageously expensive Shun knives in the wood block, ran to the store for some additional seasonings, went down and grilled some chicken breasts and now I am really just waiting to finish making dinner. The daughter is going to help me again, which is good because she needs more practice chopping and dicing things. Then we are all going to either watch a movie or play some cards.

Had to talk to Amazon CS because something I ordered to detect leaks in AC refrigerant lines (some kind of blue spray) was saying it couldn't be delivered because the package was damaged but they didn't cancel the order and I wanted it replaced. It wouldn't let me get it replaced unless I agreed to return it but I never got it bc USPS refused to deliver it. CS lady apologized and agreed that it was stupid that the option I needed wasn't available. But she issued a refund and confirmed that I ordered a new one. It will just have to take longer now.

Been trying to teach the cats and dogs how to use the pet door Bethesda somehow got out but couldn't figure out how to get in. I have to hold the flap open for her.

I saw that Rupert wasn't on my bed after I walked out of the bathroom. Found him in the kitchen next to the waterer. Asked him if he was hungry and he walked over to me. I poured a packet of the bisque into a bowl for him and he could smell it. Itsy tried to jump on top of it but I caught her and set her back on the floor. I picked Rupert up and sat down with him and held the bowl so he could eat. He cleaned that thing out. Then he headed back to the kitchen. Presumably to get water.

Going to meet my friend in town later. Have to get some sweet feed for moocows and see if the hardware store has door & window spray foam.

Latest posts

Back