What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today sunny 47f --- from my kitchen window
1728396866035.png

Stiff and sore from running a chainsaw yesterday. I think I'm going to the farm supply this morning. I have T-posts but they are 7ft and meant for the chicken pen rebuild. Shorter posts will be better for the section of fence I'm working on.

Need a couple more items while in town. Maybe by this afternoon I'll be moving a bit better and can sink a few posts.

Stiff and sore from running a chainsaw yesterday. I think I'm going to the farm supply this morning. I have T-posts but they are 7ft and meant for the chicken pen rebuild. Shorter posts will be better for the section of fence I'm working on.

Need a couple more items while in town. Maybe by this afternoon I'll be moving a bit better and can sink a few posts.
That's all I use are the 7ft posts. I drive them in 2ft. If I hit a rock then I drill a hole with my hammer drill. And in places that's all I have is rock.

Well I've already had to run out to get something 2 different times this morning. One of my wife's friends is going to need a lift to work later & I'm tasked for that. Tonight my wife is going out with the girls so I'm thinking hamburgers for my step father & I. As for what's keeping me busy, one of those trips out was to get a shelf for a mini cabinet. I got it, put it in & cleaned, dried & filled it will crystal. I already know that my wife won't be happy with one of the shelves so I have a back up plan. I really should kick back for the rest of the day because I have a very angry muscle in my back but between lunch & dinner I plan to clean the crystal in 2 more shelves, the shelves & put them back. After that I'll do nothing for the rest of the day except go out for dinner.
I'm making great progress on the crystal cleaning so I am hoping that I've only got 2 more weeks of it.

I survived this mornings colonoscopy. Actually, the procedure itself is a big nothing. It's the prep for it the day before and the morning of that sucks.

What a nice brunch out we had after the procedure. Biscuits and gravy, eggs, and roasted potatoes with hazelnut coffee. I couldn't be more mellow. I think that's probably the IV Versed and Fentanyl they gave me that's doing the talking here. But I'll take it, whatever it was that brought this mellowness on. I can see why they require you to have a driver with you for this procedure. If I was driving myself, I'd probably be hitting Kansas about now, looking for the turnoff to Denver.

Cleaned a horribly dirty rent house today, Hubby did some repairs and tackled the also horrible yard! I can't believe how some people live!! I don't think these renters cleaned the whole year they were there!! Good money, but exhausting!! Taking a nap in a bit , then jumping on the pool float!! Beer is chilling in the freezer!!

Got up early to get in line at the discount dentist which is part of the office we go to for regular medical care. The clinic takes care of low income on a sliding scale. We can pay but they offer a good deal and even their pharmacy has super good prices.
I had a capped tooth that broke off at the base and I don't believe in root canals since I know too many people who have had them go bad.
Anyway getting there a hour early I was the third person in line and they usually only take four dental patients.
The procedure was quick and not too uncomfortable. Now I have a space in my teeth but I eliminated a source of infection..Just maybe next spring (if the world hangs together) I can get a implant or a partial.
Hanging out doing nothing I have spent time watching the hurricane response and political happenings and the military industrial complex machinations......Good Grief..

Took husband in for his shot, stopped at the bin store afterwards and got a good price on a jacket. It'll go in the jacket/sweatshirt closet which gets raided when we have company come in. Threw a roast in the crockpot earlier, so will have that when little granddaughter and I get back from her school concert. Dave the builder guy finished repairing the flooring in our bedroom, installed two garage windows, and got a breezeway door put up. Boy do I have a lot of painting to do. Still working on those kitchen cupboards, but nearly done with those.

Latest posts

Back