What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess this is as good a place to post a heya if any!
Been off social media and such for a bit, have been working away at the homestead -- finally got the permits for the house, quonset hut is done, chicken coop up and garden drawn out. This has been a much slower process than I thought.
My son joined the Navy and is away at boot camp just north of Chicago.
Been working like crazy, getting some medical articles published and some chapters in some book done.
But for today, I made flat bread pizza, my daughter is coming over, as well as some neighbors in our little townhouse complex and we are going to watch the football game tonight!
Hope everyone has a great night.

Good to hear from you! Once upon a time I was stationed at great lakes naval training command. Aside from the cold wind off lake michigan I have fond memories of the place. Hope your son does well there!

Yesterday I went for a walk in the woods with my bow, saw a nice buck chasing a doe but they were at about 90 yards and outside my range. Climbing down in the dark my boot slipped and shaved a spot about 5" long on my shin, it made me curse a bit.. Today it is throbbing and I'm trying to limp it off...

This morning I ran some errands, picked up some more pain reliever as I am low, got a couple of whole chickens on sale and the makings for a couple breakfast casseroles. I'm off today and was planning to go for another walk in the woods, but instead I think I will change the oil in the car, wash both vehicles, and take the wife to look at a new Baby Lock surger. I think that last one will hurt as much as skinning my shin... :)

today was a better day....it tried to go sideways....but i refused to let things steal my joy and happiness....my day started at 3a.m. with a water leak in bathroom......a few other things happened too....i just said not today satan...kiss my rear you (blank) !!!
hope you have a better day today !! ( and you have a better attitude than I do LOL)

Yesterday I went for a walk in the woods with my bow, saw a nice buck chasing a doe but they were at about 90 yards and outside my range. Climbing down in the dark my boot slipped and shaved a spot about 5" long on my shin, it made me curse a bit.. Today it is throbbing and I'm trying to limp it off...

This morning I ran some errands, picked up some more pain reliever as I am low, got a couple of whole chickens on sale and the makings for a couple breakfast casseroles. I'm off today and was planning to go for another walk in the woods, but instead I think I will change the oil in the car, wash both vehicles, and take the wife to look at a new Baby Lock surger. I think that last one will hurt as much as skinning my shin... :)
Epsom salt in tepid water, use a wash cloth and soak it for a good 20 min. You’ll still have a dandy bruise, but it does help soak the soreness out.

hope you have a better day today !! ( and you have a better attitude than I do LOL)
do you need to go to the woodshed....lol......growing up they all use to say you better change that attitude or you going to the woodshed for an attitude change...meaning a spanking....lol...my granny used a switch from apple tree on me....lol

we BOTH are going to have a good day...repeat after me please....just dont click ya heels saying that or we might wind up in Kansas !!

we can do it !!

Latest posts

Back