What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairly relaxing and quiet Saturday after my night shift at Woolworths doing trolley collection being unexpectedly busier than normal until about 9pm where I snuck in a 5 minute break instead of the normal 20-25 minute break of which I'm accustomed to

Got stuck into cleaning up the chook shed this morning of an old 2 story rabbit cage that was used as a nesting box and a defunct book case used as resting perch and in amongst other old stuff which ended up on the fire heap as we've only got 2.5 weeks unfortunately to burn off before our fire season officially starts 3 weeks ahead of schedule on November 1st instead of 22nd its usual start date

After cleaning out all the rubbish, old perch and nesting box I took to the pile up of chicken/duck 💩 mixed with straw and dirt using a square mouth short handled shovel and rake/hoe much to my surprise also found old feed bags underneath that also ended up on the fire heap after 2.5 hours of shoveling it looks a lot more cleaner and more level in comparison to earlier this morning

In place of the old nesting box are 4 plastic containers stacked up side by side with holes cut out of them allowing the chooks to lay their eggs in enclosed environment out of the elements

Latest posts

Back