What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a common Hindu symbol in India.
A Photo I took of some bricks at a building site in Punjab State in 2004

Lower Pic - Also a Floral display at a rose festival I attended there.

Swastika Bricks2.jpg
ChandRoseFestivalSwastika.jpg

Last edited:
the room is finally cleared out and we put 3 freezers in yesterday, putting in 4 more today plus a fridge. We are not currently using all of that, but do when we have market and lots of dough and veggies. We can run an extension cord to the room from where the solar panels are so hopefully all can be hooked up. We are doing 2 different systems so it shouldn't be too big a load on each one
The livingroom is still a mess , so that is today , plus I need to go shopping, out of bananas unless they all have been recalled too, and milk. Next year I am definitely milking a goat or 2. Not going on any trips next year that will mess everything up

It's starting to rain this morning. I got my tools put away and covered the log splitter and the wood pile. It might be a good day to make up a batch of my extra famous hot sauce. Better check and see if I have any rum first, if not I'll have to use tequila. Got plenty of that. I started out with 2 pounds of habanaro peppers, but after 8 hours in the smoker they lose a lot of weight. Habanaros aren't very hot so it's a good thing I have a big jar of dried ghost peppers, Carolina reapers, scorpion peppers and a few other hot peppers. That should pep it up a little.

Got up way too early but I got some chores done that I didn't finish yesterday.

So I've mentioned b4 that I have heel pain and that plantar fasciaits...

I took a chance on some orthopedic shoes made by a Utah company named KURU.

Igot some non slip ones made for folks like in food service or health care..

The first 3 days I noticed my heels weren't as sore at the end of the day and whenever I cooled off n got back up.

However, my feet in general were fatigued that first week just getting used to them but..very minimal heel pain.

It's been 2 weeks..the shoes are broke in, my feet are great..I still have some pain after a day on my right heel but that one is the most damaged. However, after two weeks I can get up after going all day with very little pain..so I know the tears in my ligigement..whoa..lol spelling..are healing..

So I just got another pair that I can wear out on my weekends.
I hope I can start going for little jogs again by spring!!

My lime tree gave me a beautiful lime today.
I gave her a nice haircut n out dropped a sweet lime..

Since Dmarsh named his tree..maybe my girl needs a name too??
And yes..her other job is the x mas ornament holder..

Attachments

• 17295316386568305727382545205082.jpg
    17295316386568305727382545205082.jpg
    1.1 MB
The rain didn't amount to anything, what a gyp. Anyway I have a big pot of hot sauce on the stove simmering. It should come out pretty hot. Its mostly peppers with a little honey, rum and other secret ingredients. Nothing to do now but wait. The wife is already complaining about the fumes.

Update: just had to take a taste. This could be the hottest sauce that I ever concocted.

Last edited:
Today I am cleaning and oiling the rifles in the big gun locker.

@sonya123 wondered why it was taking so long to move, today I kinda know why.

Some people move a lot. As background, I have moved twice as an adult, once when I got a house in 1990 before Lori and I got married ( from the house my Dad and Mom bought in 1965) , and in progress now in 2024.

So, back to the task of the day, cleaning and oiling guns for transport and storage.

It's not a remarkable gun, but it has memories attached. A single shot H&R 20 gauge shotgun. Carried it for a lot of years out hunting with grandpa for squirrels.

I sit and remember the good times, thats why it takes so long.

Last edited:
Got up, worked out, missed seeing the lady who was moving with a purpose this am, cleaned up, went to the parking ramp, saw liquid on the ground under Charlene, had a mild panic attack, walked around to find a large tea or coffee-like drink laying on the ground that I am guessing fell from the top of someone's car, went to work, stopped in at the college to have an early lunch with just the girl after the lady cancelled on us, finished up at work, came home, parked where more responsible coffee drinkers park, went down to the front office to retrieve a package and was surprised when the young woman at the counter called me by name and talked about the party Saturday night. Turns out I am one of the "cool people" who lives here among the "stuck ups and the pretty princesses". I went a long with it and was invited to their next staff get together in December, I can even bring the lady with me. Hopefully two months is long enough for her to forget about her hangover so we can get our party on again. I will be further developing my new found friendships with apartment complex employees. I am confident it will yield both privileges and access to secrets.

that's some high prices for bread!! I sell my sourdough rye for $7 , regular white for $5 , banana bread I would sell for $5 too
You must be in a large city with a bunch of rich folk!
LOL - your prices are more reasonable. And no cities for me. I live in a big town, 50 miles from another town and 150 mi from Vegas in the wasteland of northern AZ. But apparently there's more rich people than I realized. ;)

If I can get $7 for a 1/2 size loaf I may have a new gig. :D

What I did today. Well yesterday I noticed the the crazy chihuahua lady next door had a cable line running out of MY vault by the street up to her house. The vault was unlocked and askew. WTH? Was she bootlegging my service? I wouldn't put it past her, she hates my guts, ever since the time she was yelling profanity at me over I can't remember what and she called the police on me. Then I showed the cops the footage of her screaming at me from 75 ft away on the hidden body camera I was wearing in my shirt pocket. :D :D The cops asked if "I" wanted to bring charges for disorderly conduct on her. LOL It's been very quiet for years. And is another reason I have walls and gates. ;)

I called the cable company. So today I hear a truck pull up. I opened the gates, went out and found a crew. Turns out the CC lady is out front. The crew was there to finish fixing her cable. She actually remained civil and kept her nasty little rats inside.

So, to fix her cable they had to tear up part of my yard. Grrr. But I'm actually pretty happy. While destroying my yard...they found rodents chewed my cable in the vault. Probably the next big rain it would have gone out. They ran us all new Cat6 from the junction box up the street and hooked everything up with new connectors. AND - put everything back EXACTLY as they found it, even swept the driveway.

And now that the drama of the day is over everything is back to normal and calm in my world here at the sky castle. :D

Tiring day, I need a break. We have now moved most of the freezers in the room I cleaned out, and the solar panels are making progress but the guys ran out of wood to finish the frame they will go on. SO shopping trip tomorrow.
My foot really hurts now ( heel part) so I need to not do as much tomorrow I think or it might get worse. I also have chest pain ( like a pulled muscle not a heart attack) Probably from moving stuff and carrying storage buckets from one room to another.
But more stuff to do. We need to move the goats around and start breeding them, meaning seperate the ladies from the younger ones, which they are not going to like. Bucks will of course like it

hahaha I thought for a minute Charlene was the LADY !! Haven't had time to keep up with that thread...

Charlene is a Lady! She is a beautiful blue Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker Skat and she is precious! Although I would be just as concerned if the lady I live with would have started leaking fluids outside.

Today I am cleaning and oiling the rifles in the big gun locker.

@sonya123 wondered why it was taking so long to move, today I kinda know why.

Some people move a lot. As background, I have moved twice as an adult, once when I got a house in 1990 before Lori and I got married ( from the house my Dad and Mom bought in 1965) , and in progress now in 2024.

So, back to the task of the day, cleaning and oiling guns for transport and storage.

It's not a remarkable gun, but it has memories attached. A single shot H&R 20 gauge shotgun. Carried it for a lot of years out hunting with grandpa for squirrels.

I sit and remember the good times, thats why it takes so long.

You would get along well with my husband LOL, I am trying to clear out space in the extra building for other stuff and he's sitting there sorting through my trash pile, looking at old record albums from his parents that have been sitting in a dusty box with rat poop, not wanting me to toss it in the trash because "it reminds him of his parents" ....I told him, it's been sitting upstairs in a corner for 8 years and this is the first you even look at them, plus you have no way of playing them, plus they are probably scratched up.....
He moved them to his shop building LOL.....

I'm on the side of the road in my truck waiting for the tow truck. Tire went flat on me and wouldn't take air. Will post more when I'm back home. For now I listen to

yall women are about to commit sins !!

thought shall not toss the old mans boxs out.....lol

Latest posts

Back