What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adventures of Flash Gordon: The Planet of Peril | Buster Crabbe, Jean Rogers | Colorized | TV Serial

Fun to watch from an historical perspective. Just remind yourself that this was made in 1936. I'm guessing it was state-of-the-art back then. This version on YouTube was colorized.

From Wikipedia: "Flash Gordon is a 1936 superhero serial film. Presented in 13 chapters, it is the first screen adventure for Flash Gordon, the comic-strip character created by Alex Raymond in 1934. ... Flash Gordon was Universal's second-highest-grossing film of 1936.... The Hays Office, however, objected to the revealing costumes worn by Dale, Aura (pictured) and the other female characters. In response to those objections, Universal designed more modest outfits for the female performers in the film's two sequels."

Last edited:
I saw this and thought I would share in this thread. It's the 50 most popular TV shows averaged across a number of metrics and review sites. I wouldn't agree myself but the people have seemingly spoken.

tv.jpeg

I don't even know most of them LOL
there are only 3 on there I liked: Sopranos, Justified and Stranger Things
I can't believe Supernatural was not on there, they didn't make 15 YEARS of that for nothing
( my personal favorite of all times US tv show)
American shows I would list that are also not on there: Longmire, Star Trek (what ?? NOt listed? who made this list anyway?), Survivor
and some soap operas I personally liked ( 90210 Melrose, Gossip girl)

But I would love to see that again !!!
But with only wish James Joseph Gandolfini Jr. aka Tony Soprano

I would not be interested to watch played with another actor
:cry:

The Sopranos: Ending Explained​

We are watching the Olympics opening ceremony.

The Princess has traditionally awarded prizes for arbitrary catagories. Like...

Goofiest hat
Most macho flag waving

I never know until she announces winners.

Ben

“The Pilot”, a true story about a Russian pilot shot down in WWII and having to evade German troops and get back across enemy lines in the winter. There are a couple of survival Easter Eggs.

Latest posts

Back