What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I got off work last night I took out pork chops to defrost, but we had to make a trip in town to the feed store for some more milk replacer for my Clara and then to the grocery store. Hunny spotted some shrimp on sale so got a couple pounds. Ended up making Shrimp Gumbo today. . . It was wet, rainy and cold.

T bone steaks and sliced potatoes cooked in the traeger with my canned tomato cuke and onion salad. Good cab from our cellar.
German chocolate cake for dessert. Daughter turned 18 today and she picked out the menu!

Attachments

• 60A2AB3C-8A76-4528-8091-071F0D2BB2B5.jpeg
    60A2AB3C-8A76-4528-8091-071F0D2BB2B5.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 9
I cheated and brought home large pizzas and steak and cheese subs from a local mom and pop place. There’s enough to get me through the weekend too.

it's burgers tonight,
then I roast a chicken again, enough food for the weekend,both work and home, then some spagetti carbonara,work and home.
will buy a small cake for sunday to eat after work and celebrate my Independance Day and watching the Unknown Soldier,it's a tradition here to watch it on dec 6th.

I had a late emergency call tonight. Got krystal burgers on the way home. You can never go wrong with krystals

"Toad in the hole" I wonder how many Americans know what that is? and no its not an actual toad or even a frog!!
I don’t know but it really has an unpleasant feeling just from the name....

Have a roast slow cooking right now. Garlic roasted potatoes and yellow squash will go with it. Probably some applesauce and bread rolls, too.
I threw two smaller chuck roasts in the fridge to thaw this morning. Planning pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions tomorrow. Instapot is my favorite tool for this now. Paired with jiffy sweet cornbread and a glass of muscadine wine. Not much is better to me, fine dining be damned

How about a corn casserole with that box of Jiffy? Add to it, 2 eggs, 8 oz sour cream, a can of cream corn, a can of regular corn, a little milk or cream. Bake it in a small pan 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
Sounds pretty good, all that in just one package of jiffy mix?

How about a corn casserole with that box of Jiffy? Add to it, 2 eggs, 8 oz sour cream, a can of cream corn, a can of regular corn, a little milk or cream. Bake it in a small pan 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
That sounds delicious.
I made a lasagna with oven ready pasta. Then I took a nap while it was baking but fortunately woke up in time. It's a little crispy on the edges but still good!

I’ve been eating so much beef stew I’m in a stew induced coma! Jiffy corn bread and salad too. I’m a content camper

I had a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A and of course a milk shake.
I love chick fil a but don’t believe I’ve ever tried their milkshake. My weakness in life is fried anything, but I just might try a chocolate shake on the next visit!

Latest posts

Back