World War Three

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things seem to be ramping up big time in the middle east with Hezbollah launching a whole lot of rockets directly at Israel now Iran has come out in a news update that popped up on my laptop feed saying they vow revenge so were pretty much teetering on the brink of a fatal four way war being Israel vs Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran this in turn could also encourage Russia to take on NATO as well as China attempting an invasion of Taiwan if the Middle East powder keg does indeed explode in coming days or weeks then it will have a chain reaction big time
Dont forget the Very Real possibility of 5th columns being activated in the US and Europe at the same time. Think TET.

Dont forget the Very Real possibility of 5th columns being activated in the US and Europe at the same time. Think TET.
5th columns terminology and TET are not automatic "oh yeah, I know what that is," to everyone.
5th column means those who may be embedded in a country to come against that country when war starts, right?
And TET refers to Tet New Year in South Vietnam when China and N. Vietnam launched the offensive, 1968. Eh?

5th columns terminology and TET are not automatic "oh yeah, I know what that is," to everyone.
5th column means those who may be embedded in a country to come against that country when war starts, right?
And TET refers to Tet New Year in South Vietnam when China and N. Vietnam launched the offensive, 1968. Eh?
I live in Australia so unaware of what TET means care to explain so I'm aware of it I'm guessing it possibly refers to mandatory enlistment much likened to the Vietnam War

I live in Australia so unaware of what TET means care to explain so I'm aware of it I'm guessing it possibly refers to mandatory enlistment much likened to the Vietnam War
Tet is the commonly accepted short name for the 1968 Tet Offensive in the Viet Nam War.

The attack occurred in early 1968 during the nations annual Tet Holiday....and was timed (by the VC and NVA) to use the distraction of the holiday to get early successes after commencing the surprise attack.

After about six weeks or so, the offensive was defeated....but not before many US based media commentators had decided the war "was unwinnable".

The US efforts to sustain public support for the war declined from there.

It appears our circus clown of a prime minister has upped Australia's terror threat level from possible to probable in addition to that another news article came across my laptop and mobile phone news feeds saying its likely that Iran will launch an attack on Israel in next 24-48 hours might as well break out the popcorn as the middle east is about to go bang

Just my ponderings , it seems to me reading the thoughts on the upcoming war - There are two camps , The smaller camp is made up of those that have already walked through hellish things such as a real battlefield . This group realizes the war / or believes the war will " not " remain in the region of the planet that the country of Israel occupies . They know and likely have experienced such things and this is a reality in their thinking . -- Then there is the larger camp that have never seen or walked through such hellish landscapes and simply can not fathom it coming to their idyllic peaceful existence . This group comfortably convince themselves the war is over younder and will not effect them directly but perhaps may effect international trade . --- Guys I am in the small camp .

Just my ponderings , it seems to me reading the thoughts on the upcoming war - There are two camps , The smaller camp is made up of those that have already walked through hellish things such as a real battlefield . This group realizes the war / or believes the war will " not " remain in the region of the planet that the country of Israel occupies . They know and likely have experienced such things and this is a reality in their thinking . -- Then there is the larger camp that have never seen or walked through such hellish landscapes and simply can not fathom it coming to their idyllic peaceful existence . This group comfortably convince themselves the war is over younder and will not effect them directly but perhaps may effect international trade . --- Guys I am in the small camp .
I agree, should Islam strike from multiple locations and Israel counters with nukes you know the now Axis countries, Russia, China and North Korea will get in and then we're all in

every country bordering Iraq emptied their prisons and dumped them into Iraq when we invaded creating AQ in Iraq and swelling their ranks. kinda like our Southern Border now which is worse. because Mexico is now multinational destination for bad actors from state and non state sactioned narco terror groups.

Going to the farm to cut grass, let me know if they decide there is a chance they will survive and push a button, I will keep cutting grass.

Death has never been something I feared, Now that I am older and have settled down some the grim reaper is probably farther away that he ever was.

I once watched A movie called "The Outlaw Josey Wales" There was a scene in there that featured Clint Eastwood as Josey Wales facing Will Sampson as Ten Bears It tells the story of men and wars since the first human foot was set on earth.

Only Mankind can decide when they want to stop wars by removing those who would rule us all.

Italy scrambles jets over Baltic Sea
By Reuters
August 6, 20249:20 AM CDTUpdated 13 hours ago

ROME, Aug 6 (Reuters) - Italy scrambled Eurofighter Typhoons to intercept unidentified aircraft that were flying in Baltic airspace, the Italian Defence Ministry said on Tuesday.
The Italian fighters took off from the Siauliai base in northern Lithuania after receiving orders from a NATO surveillance centre in Germany, it added.
It did not give any further details on the identify of the aircraft that had been spotted.
The Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are all members of the U.S.-led NATO alliance and have been strongly critical of neighbouring Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, launched in February 2022.

Italy scrambles jets over Baltic Sea
By Reuters
August 6, 20249:20 AM CDTUpdated 13 hours ago

ROME, Aug 6 (Reuters) - Italy scrambled Eurofighter Typhoons to intercept unidentified aircraft that were flying in Baltic airspace, the Italian Defence Ministry said on Tuesday.
The Italian fighters took off from the Siauliai base in northern Lithuania after receiving orders from a NATO surveillance centre in Germany, it added.
It did not give any further details on the identify of the aircraft that had been spotted.
The Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are all members of the U.S.-led NATO alliance and have been strongly critical of neighbouring Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, launched in February 2022.
Sounds like old mate Putin is up to his tricks again wait for Russia's denial that it wasn't their aircraft that encroached on NATO airspace these repeated incursions will only trigger WW3 in addition to the current middle east powder keg

encroached on NATO airspace these repeated incursions will only trigger WW3
They been doing that for at least 55 years into or nearing Alaska Air Space That I have lived in Alaska. They likely learned that from America. America and NATO countries do the same thing. It is standard procedure. If either side stopped......that would be cause for concern. That countries do this is a nothingburger. It is actually "healthy" for both or all countries.

keep in mind...people keep grinding out their daily lives even in war zones...examples..back in the day jewish partisans who were fighting against nazi germany living in forest lived because they took food from along the edges of forest farmers had planted....so farmers were still farming...in ukraine right now...farmers still planting on both sides ukraine/russia...some farmers have been killed from hitting unexploded bombs etc. and sometimes because they try removing them themselves.... i see guys i followed before the war that farmed still planting stuff.

all areas wil not be the same....even after bombs drop and all clear given..people come out of hiding and do stuff...

info from partisans was from i cant recall name right now..but they made a movie about it with that famous actor...daniel something. it was about a group of brothers.they moved to u.s. later and told stories about how they survived.

edit to add...movie was defiance....daniel craig.....it was about the Bielski brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielski_partisans

Last edited:
When it comes too partisan activity . There will be more looting and raiding going on than most people are willing to admit at present. example no matter what side of the political or religious aisle one is currently on when a wrol situation develops tribalism will happen in most AOs. that is A Certainty.

Ukraine has invaded Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9d1yx9nwjxo

Ironically, Kursk was the site of the WWII battle which is accepted to be the biggest tank battle in human history.

There are reports that Ukraine has occupied a strategic gas plant/hub and may be planning to push on to the Kursk Nuclear power plant.

Arguably, this is a diversion......but it is still a new development.....which NATO and the US must have approved.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...st-incursions-during-war-20240808-p5k0lp.html

Last edited:
Husband got a msg an hr ago from an old friend in aerospace, also Navy who said Iran just hit Israel. Can't find anything on the news yet. Rockets and drones.
I checked the live feed and the live chat does mention an attack.... Yet.

I will keep on eye pealed.

Ben

Last edited:
Most people underestimate the survivability of nuclear war.

It is important to consider that, while there are many nuclear weapons in the world, most analysts of the subject of nuclear exchanges conclude that most weapons would not make it to their targets (or function).

More than half would be among the weapons that would:
  1. Be destroyed by pre-emptive strikes on their launch site/platform
  2. Malfunction
  3. Be held in reserve for later exchanges....that never come
  4. Be intercepted en-route to their target
  5. Miss by a large distance
That last point is interesting.....in that, even when people are located far from any likely target, there exists the possibility of being hit by a "miss".......but at very much lower probability than being hit when you are adjacent to a high priority target.

The two most well proven data sets we have regarding casualties are from Hiroshima and Nagasaki......with bomb yields of 15kT and 20kT respectively.

Here is a good reference that goes through the casualties at those bomb sites.

https://thebulletin.org/2020/08/counting-the-dead-at-hiroshima-and-nagasaki/

from that paper:

View attachment 154682

So, the maximum distance that people were killed at, from ground zero, was about 1.5 miles........for a 15kT weapon. At 3 miles, it didn't injure many.......

Another good resource for assessing/considering survivability is this site:

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

on that site, you can drag the cursor onto your nearest target, set the yield (I would use 500kT) and either ground or air burst the weapon for the simulation. Most cities would be targeted for air burst, while buried infrastructure like Cheyenne Mountain or missile silos are probably targeted for ground burst.

You can also enter the prevailing wind direction/speed for your area, to model the fallout applicable only to ground burst detonations.

Most people who do the above, will find their survivability is better than they would have guessed.

If you find that you are located somewhere at very high risk, then you should develop plans to be somewhere else if the probability of a nuclear exchange gets very much elevated.

Surviving a nuclear war is just like surviving any other very severe crisis.

Consider how to best do that with a calm, logical, well informed and un-emotional mindset.

Quitters never win and winners never quit.
I've heard former government officials say that their studies show a large population surviving the initial attack. Much more death will come in the days and weeks that follow, fallout, lack or supplies and bad decisions.
I do find it interesting that I've never really thought about a warhead going off target. Interesting thought.

If they want to do massive damage with little weaponry they might hit Yellowstone with a single nuke. That could start Yellowstone erupting and do a he!! of a lot of damage to the whole country. There are several more large to mega volcanoes here they could do the same with. Would they want to? It wouldn't leave much for them in the way of natural resources except what's in the more southern states and Alaska.

Perhaps it is because of un-believers or perhaps some just can't bear to think about it , but the ramblings by members without mentioning the war that appears on the horizon is striking . I guess it could be compared to a late night wake of a departed one at the funeral home . -- Anyway guys when it starts expect fuel prices for your automobiles to skyrocket . Do what you think is best for you in regard to fuel . --- One prediction and " it is grounded for a reason " the war has a very high probability to start Monday .

If they want to do massive damage with little weaponry they might hit Yellowstone with a single nuke. That could start Yellowstone erupting and do a he!! of a lot of damage to the whole country. There are several more large to mega volcanoes here they could do the same with. Would they want to? It wouldn't leave much for them in the way of natural resources except what's in the more southern states and Alaska.
I read that they've allegedly be using some kind of scalar weapons on Yellowstone. Something called a 'woodpecker.'

A bit of news headline saying something like, Irak, Iran or other less than stable groups in that part of the world all upset more than usual as supposedly Ukraine has US make weapons that are supposedly capable of hitting Moscow.. Unfortunately I have no more details than that..

Back