World War Three

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the conversations we used to have on the old prepared society page. It feels like old times. I do mean this as a positive. So many discord channels will just shut you down if you try to have a point counterpoint conversation. Ironic for a platform known as discord. Always something to be learned from these types of conversations.

Seems like things will kick up a massive notch in the coming days just read a news update on my laptop news feed apparently Hezbollah has evacuated its HQ in Beirut and Iran is making preps for a large scale military attack on Israel if this does happen say hello to the first front line of WW3 being middle east

Seems like things will kick up a massive notch in the coming days just read a news update on my laptop news feed apparently Hezbollah has evacuated its HQ in Beirut and Iran is making preps for a large scale military attack on Israel if this does happen say hello to the first front line of WW3 being middle east
I believe Iran has been busy stocking their underground bunkers for the last week.
I don't think it will start WW3.
How many centuries have these people been fighting? This is just another one of their wars. :rolleyes:
The Muslims are raised from birth reading the words: "Kill all Jews" in their 'bible'. Nothing new.

WW3 is definitely in the works. I just don't know how we can plan for it. How can someone prepare for nuclear war or attacks on American soil? Unless you're wealthy like Zuck who is building an underground bunker. The owner of Amazon I think made a bunker in Texas unless my memory fails me.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/q...umb-for-radiation-be-understood-theoretically --- Guys I am glad to see some of the members willing to face this issue as it appears many can not . I have been searching my old sites looking for the interview with the Nuclear Scientist and what we can expect in the aftermath . Unfortunately so for I have failed to find it . However the link here some may find interesting as it address the radiation caused by the nukes and the dissipation rate . --- Hint everyone ain't going to die if a Nuclear war takes place " not even close " . Some will fare better than others though and that has a lot to do with whether they prepared or not . I don't expect " anyone in the everyone is going to die crowd " to believe that so I will continue to try to find scientific documentation to back my statement . -- Actually not likely anyone in the " everyone is going to die crowd " will believe the link that I posted above .
I'm interested in anything that you find. I know that WW3 will happen - I read that it was planned long ago. I'm just trying to figure out how to best prepare.

First and foremost look up " if you don't already know " targets that are perhaps worthy of a nuke , closest to your location . If you are in the immediate blast area , there is next to none in the hopes of surviving . Serious preppers have been known to pick up and move their entire families place of residence to be out of the blast area . Interesting I have found many that have not prepared simply , instead of preparing just proclaim " it will never happen " , or proclaim " I want to go out immediately with no effort put into surviving " or it is hopeless and we are all going to die " . The last excuse I find particularly irritating as that crowd strikes me as " I am going to die and I want the rest of the planet to die with me " . --- All those excusses I don't buy into as I have a never give up attitude . -- Anyways I need to get to my choirs and perhaps later today I will have opportunity to go deeper into depth on surviving a nuclear attack .

Last edited:
First and foremost look up " if you don't already know " targets that are perhaps worthy of a nuke , closest to your location . If you are in the immediate blast area , there is next to none in the hopes of surviving . Serious preppers have been know to pick up and move their entire families place of residence to be out of the blast area . Interesting I have found many that have not prepared simply , instead of preparing just proclaim " it will never happen " , or proclaim " I want to go out immediately with no effort put into surviving " or it is hopeless and we are all going to die " . The last excuse I find particularly irritating as that crowd strikes me as " I am going to die and I want the rest of the planet to die with me " . --- All those excusses I don't buy into as I have a never give up attitude . -- Anyways I need to get to my choirs and perhaps later today I will have opportunity to go deeper into depth on surviving a nuclear attack .
I haven't done but will, Thank you.

https://www.tactical.com/doomsday-handbook-how-to-survive-a-nuclear-attack/

One of the things that concerns me is that Wars are about profit and conquest, so unless an actual real war breaks out why destroy your conquest.
And what if the bunkers are for when the sun goes micro nova.

First and foremost look up " if you don't already know " targets that are perhaps worthy of a nuke , closest to your location . If you are in the immediate blast area , there is next to none in the hopes of surviving . Serious preppers have been know to pick up and move their entire families place of residence to be out of the blast area . Interesting I have found many that have not prepared simply , instead of preparing just proclaim " it will never happen " , or proclaim " I want to go out immediately with no effort put into surviving " or it is hopeless and we are all going to die " . The last excuse I find particularly irritating as that crowd strikes me as " I am going to die and I want the rest of the planet to die with me " . --- All those excusses I don't buy into as I have a never give up attitude . -- Anyways I need to get to my choirs and perhaps later today I will have opportunity to go deeper into depth on surviving a nuclear attack .
I am biased. :(
I consider the 'bomb maps' panic-spew because they assume we have no defense, and will shoot down 0% of inbound ICBMs. :mad:
The 'we're all gonna die!' people need to study more of our defense info.

Hasn't the military been broken down though? I suppose the best that we can do is guesstimate.
The stuff DT had built for missile defense is still in place and working. :thumbs:
Yes, our troops have been diluted by dress-wearing men, but there won't be an 'invasion' for them to fight off in a WW3. :rolleyes:
Any ships carrying troops will be sunk before they even reach our shores.

Last edited:
I'm interested in anything that you find. I know that WW3 will happen - I read that it was planned long ago. I'm just trying to figure out how to best prepare.
Let's suppose you are located outside of any likely blast area . Next pay particular attention to which direction the nearest potential nuclear targets are . Remember wind in the United States tends to blow coming out of a northern , western and mostly north western direction . So that is the direction most likely nuclear radiation will come from as it is actually just dust from the earth that grabbed up radiation and went upward with the blast to form a dust cloud . Just like a rain cloud floating overhead and we have all seen dust clouds floating overhead regardless whether someone realized it was a dust cloud or not . It is not that uncommon for a dust cloud that arouse from the dirt in the country of Africa to float over the United States . The point being just because a radioactive cloud is floating overhead does not mean disaster for you . Where that cloud will descend back to earth could be anywhere , which includes it could settle down on the very country that sent the nuke in the first place even if it is on a different continent . -- However any calm self controlled prepper will not take for granted that cloud will pass harmlessly overhead and will take the precious minutes and in most cases hours to prepare their place they plan to ride out the nuclear radiation . Remember my previous posting of the seven /ten rule . Whereas I can not say with any 100% certainty that the seven/ten rule is correct , I like to believe it is and will prepare accordingly .-- Well I need to get back to work , but will pick up this topic later . There just ain't much rest on a homestead .--- I posted on this thread last Monday at 5.20 pm the link to the seven/ten rule .

Last edited:
Let's suppose you are located outside of any likely blast area . Next pay particular attention to which direction the nearest potential nuclear targets are . Remember wind in the United States tends to blow coming out of a northern , western and mostly north western direction . So that is the direction most likely nuclear radiation will come from as it is actually just dust from the earth that grabbed up radiation and went upward with the blast to form a dust cloud . Just like a rain cloud floating overhead and we have all seen dust clouds floating overhead regardless whether someone realized it was a dust cloud or not . It is not that uncommon for a dust cloud that arouse from the dirt in the country of Africa to float over the United States . The point being just because a radioactive cloud is floating overhead does not mean disaster for you . Where that cloud will descend back to earth could be anywhere , which includes it could settle down on the very country that sent the nuke in the first place even if it is on a different continent . -- However any calm self controlled prepper will not take for granted that cloud will pass harmlessly overhead and will take the precious minutes and in most cases hours to prepare their place they plan to ride out the nuclear radiation . Remember my previous posting of the seven /ten rule . Whereas I can not say with any 100% certainty that the seven/ten rule is correct , I like to believe it is and will prepare accordingly .-- Well I need to get back to work , but will pick up this topic later . There just ain't much rest on a homestead .--- I posted on this thread last Monday at 5.20 pm the link to the seven/ten rule .

60 plus years ago "duck and cover" was a thing yet here we are. This is a nothing-burger. It is an interesting premise to be sure but the likelihood of nuclear war is slim to none. Could their be a third world actor? Sure, but "they" are fully aware of the response. Given the porous southern border I do take into account the possibility of a "dirty-bomb" attack but that would be limited in scale to be sure. Nothing wrong with making sensible preparations but we do that already every day.

. The point being just because a radioactive cloud is floating overhead does not mean disaster for you . Where that cloud will descend back to earth could be anywhere , which includes it could settle down on the very country that sent the nuke in the first place even if it is on a different continent . -- However any calm self controlled prepper will not take for granted that cloud will pass harmlessly overhead and will take the precious minutes and in most cases hours to prepare their place they plan to ride out the nuclear radiation . Remember my previous posting of the seven /ten rule . Whereas I can not say with any 100% certainty that the seven/ten rule is correct , I like to believe it is and will prepare accordingly .
I'm a cold-war leftover and have always prepped to survive radioactive fallout for the last 40 years.
It isn't that hard to survive if you do a few things in advance, like having a radiation detector.
They are essential for knowing how safe/unsafe it is outside because you cannot detect radiation with any of your 5 senses.
As you pointed out, where it falls out, is anybody's guess. :(

Last edited:
I'm a cold-war leftover and have always prepped to survive radioactive fallout for the last 40 years.
It isn't that hard to survive if you do a few things in advance, like having a radiation detector.
They are essential for knowing how safe/unsafe it is outside because you cannot detect radiation with any of your 5 senses.
As you pointed out, where it falls out, is anybody's guess. :(
I talked my friend into getting this one...
They are much advanced today. It measures all 3 levels, low, medium, and high levels, all in one.
I have to use a separate meter for each range.:(
Here you can see us testing it, sitting on one of my 'hot-rocks' that I use to test mine.
(Notice the word on the display:oops:) :
image0 (1).jpeg

It definitely works! :thumbs:

Last edited:
I just don't know how we can plan for it.

As others have said. It's not the end of the world.

It might be the end of YOUR world if you live on a target. But the 'End of All Life stuff' is just Russian propaganda.

First, you don't live on a target. This is easy. A total nuclear exchange would destroy les than 1% of earths surface.

Second, you prepare for the real killer. Starvation, disease, collapse. This is how the vast majority die, and will die in any world war.

This is the 'bible' of nuclear war survival. Read it. Print it out. Memorize it.

https://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

They are much advanced today. It measures all 3 levels, low, medium, and high levels, all in one.
Here you can see us testing it, sitting on one of my 'hot-rocks' that I use to test mine.
View attachment 159806

I thought they said that you could see a bright flash of light? Also - can I ask where you bought that?

View attachment 159806

I thought they said that you could see a bright flash of light? Also - can I ask where you bought that?

I was talking about the radiation from fallout. You can see a bright flash of light from a nearby detonation but it is likely that the hazardous fallout will come from one 1,000 miles or more away.
I'm pretty sure I got them on eBay.

Last edited:
I also wonder about the cancer that's still affecting people who live near the former testing sites. It seems as if. particulates could fall from the wind - but I don't know.

I also read that a basement is a good place to be.

I also wonder about the cancer that's still affecting people who live near the former testing sites. It seems as if. particulates could fall from the wind - but I don't know.

I also read that a basement is the best a good place to be.
Fixed it forya'!!! :p :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back