Any fixed income people (retired / SS / independent) come here to dream?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! Wish you luck with your project. If it means that much... got to go for it. I'm going about this opposite of you. Live on the farm where i was born, pulled up the 200tree peach orchard in '15, sold the herd of cattle in '18. Down size is the name of my game. 😁

Yes plans change with time. 4 years ago my husband was alive and I dreamed of finding a good amount of land in Alabama and together building up a place where we could retire and make ourselves ready for whatever. Then he died suddenly and I decided to not entirely give up that dream, but downsized it . I retired from my work at 65, moved to rural Maine, built a net zero house with lots of storage for my stuff. No mortgage. Gardens. Freeze dryer. Lots of tools and supplies. 6 acres with a creek and a lot of trees on a dead end road it 1 other person living on it. By myself isn’t the best scenario but it is what it is. No financial worries at least.

Latest posts

Back