Are the Stock market and CD's safe?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...
5% off in a week? View attachment 161315
3.9% dividend.
View attachment 161316
...I'm listening :).
Wow! Oil down to $67/bbl?
That's down a lot from the 'normal' $78 !
Cheap gas on the way, or the slumping economy not buying enough?
I think they are fishing for me :rolleyes:.
Shell now $66.80
VVVVV <<yesterday close.
IMG_20240906_111320.jpg

Wow! Oil down to $67/bbl?
That's down a lot from the 'normal' $78 !
Cheap gas on the way, or the slumping economy not buying enough?
I think they are fishing for me :rolleyes:.
Shell now $66.80
VVVVV <<yesterday close.
View attachment 161518
I don't consider gas "cheap" until it's under $1 a gallon. I don't think we'll ever see dollar gas again, thanks to high taxes and excessive government regulations. Remember when oil hit less than $0 a barrel? We didn't see the price of gas go down at the pump.
I think is a good time to invest in energy stocks. Also consider shares in pipeline companies, drilling companies, shipping companies. And if Trump wins the election, then steel, mining and construction equipment manufacturers should be worth considering.
Just my opinion, which is worth less than a penny stock.

I don't consider gas "cheap" until it's under $1 a gallon. I don't think we'll ever see dollar gas again, thanks to high taxes and excessive government regulations. Remember when oil hit less than $0 a barrel? We didn't see the price of gas go down at the pump.
I think is a good time to invest in energy stocks. Also consider shares in pipeline companies, drilling companies, shipping companies. And if Trump wins the election, then steel, mining and construction equipment manufacturers should be worth considering.
Just my opinion, which is worth less than a penny stock.
Have you looked into Williams Cos (WMB)?
It pays a tasty 4.29% dividend. :)
I own some.
The Williams Cos., Inc. operates as an energy infrastructure company, which explores, produces, transports, sells and processes natural gas and petroleum products. It operates through the following segments: Transmission and Gulf of Mexico, Northeast G&P, and West. The Transmission and Gulf of Mexico segment consists of interstate natural gas pipelines, the Transco and Northwest Pipelines, as well as natural gas gathering and processing and crude oil production handling and transportation assets in the Gulf Coast region.
It's on sale, 3% off since last Friday. :D
Edit: Quarterly dividend on the $10K that I bought when it was cheap:
06/24/2024Qualified Dividend
WMB WILLIAMS COS INC$199.50

Last edited:
Have you looked into Williams Cos (WMB)?
It pays a tasty 4.29% dividend. :)
I own some.

It's on sale, 3% off since last Friday. :D
I've always invested in stocks with good dividends. Always hade the dividends reinvested too. Now I'm able to live very well on those dividends.
I have had shares that paid 20-30% dividends. I'd stay away from risky stocks like that. I've owned some royalty trusts too. They usually pay a good dividend, but can be more risky than I want right now.
I think WMB is a good choice. 4.29% is a good return now days.

I've always invested in stocks with good dividends. Always hade the dividends reinvested too. Now I'm able to live very well on those dividends.
I have had shares that paid 20-30% dividends. I'd stay away from risky stocks like that. I've owned some royalty trusts too. They usually pay a good dividend, but can be more risky than I want right now.
I think WMB is a good choice. 4.29% is a good return now days.
I cheated and bought it when it was $23.77 because the dividend was over 7.5% and I couldn't resist.
Based on what I paid for it, today it pays me over a little over 8%. :D

Back