Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1719600861716.png

If I’m spraying outside the box, I’m not being spiteful.​

Something is stressing me out. It may be a new person, a new pet, or even a new piece of furniture in the house that seems to be encroaching on my territory.

What a Cutie One...^^^...!!!

1719600957542.png

Before you buy a fancy cabinet to put my litter box in…​

…keep in mind that most of us don’t like to feel cornered. I prefer an uncovered box that’s out of the way but where I have a view of the room and can escape if I see anything threatening.

OUCH :

1719601047948.png

If I stiffen every time you run a hand down my back, take the hint.​

A 2013 study published in Physiology and Behavior found that cats who didn’t like the sensation but allowed their owners to stroke them anyway were more stressed-out than those who avoided touch.

Remember, I see the world as vertical, not horizontal.​

So instead of getting mad when I knock things off the mantel, build me a cat superhighway around the room. Put up a shelf that leads up to a bookcase that leads to a mantel that leads to a chair that gets me down. 😉 :heart:...

1719601172037.png

1719601210580.png

Berry Important :

Just because I’m purring doesn’t mean I’m happy and content.​

I also purr when I’m in pain or mortally afraid because it’s a self-soothing mechanism.

1719601301033.png

Thinking about getting me a buddy?​

I’ll get along best with a cat who’s of the opposite sex and slightly younger than I am, but don’t just throw us in a room together. Talk to your vet or a trainer about how to introduce us gradually. If I’m an older cat and I’ve lived alone with you for years, I don’t need a friend. Really. I’m already too set in my ways.

1719601419077.png

I love the Cat Dancer and other fancy toys and gadgets…​

…but I can have just as much fun with a paper bag with the handles cut off, an aluminum foil ball, or a plain box. It’s actually quite easy to create a homemade toy that I’ll love. Anything that is shiny or that I can scratch is going to make my day.

1719601587821.png

To stop me from scratching a piece of furniture…​

…cover the entire area with an old bedsheet, aluminum foil, or strips of double-sided tape, because those don’t feel good under my paws. Then put a tall scratching post right in front of it.

Never had that problem with Me BushyBooBoo...!!!

View attachment 156237

"

There’s no question that if you keep me inside and don’t let me wander the neighborhood…​

…whether I’m a dog or a cat, I’ll have a better chance of living a longer life. I won’t get hit by a car, stolen, or just plain lost. But once I’ve been allowed to roam free, it’ll be hard to change me." :lightbulb:
One of the "hard criteria" for the retirement house was a completely fenced backyard for Teddy Ruxpin the dog.

He is still learning the Electric rope fences at the horse farm :p

View attachment 156240

Before you buy a fancy cabinet to put my litter box in…​

…keep in mind that most of us don’t like to feel cornered. I prefer an uncovered box that’s out of the way but where I have a view of the room and can escape if I see anything threatening.
Our cats HATED the closed boxes, they will sleep in them, but sure won't potty in them.

They will be "end tables" / cat beds at the north house.

Did you hear the hype about grain-free cat and dog food?​

That’s what it is: hype. There’s nothing wrong with feeding me grains. They can actually be an important part of a balanced diet. Before you make any change, talk to your vet.

1719602137033.png

I See Mr. Curious is being just that Again...!!! Little Cali-Girl looks almost like She is Mixed with a Big Cat, kinda Lioness look to her...!! and the Twins are Sleeping it off Again...! :heart:

Latest posts

Back