Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1719600861716.png

If I’m spraying outside the box, I’m not being spiteful.​

Something is stressing me out. It may be a new person, a new pet, or even a new piece of furniture in the house that seems to be encroaching on my territory.

What a Cutie One...^^^...!!!

1719600957542.png

Before you buy a fancy cabinet to put my litter box in…​

…keep in mind that most of us don’t like to feel cornered. I prefer an uncovered box that’s out of the way but where I have a view of the room and can escape if I see anything threatening.

OUCH :

1719601047948.png

If I stiffen every time you run a hand down my back, take the hint.​

A 2013 study published in Physiology and Behavior found that cats who didn’t like the sensation but allowed their owners to stroke them anyway were more stressed-out than those who avoided touch.

Remember, I see the world as vertical, not horizontal.​

So instead of getting mad when I knock things off the mantel, build me a cat superhighway around the room. Put up a shelf that leads up to a bookcase that leads to a mantel that leads to a chair that gets me down. 😉 :heart:...

1719601172037.png

1719601210580.png

Berry Important :

Just because I’m purring doesn’t mean I’m happy and content.​

I also purr when I’m in pain or mortally afraid because it’s a self-soothing mechanism.

1719601301033.png

Thinking about getting me a buddy?​

I’ll get along best with a cat who’s of the opposite sex and slightly younger than I am, but don’t just throw us in a room together. Talk to your vet or a trainer about how to introduce us gradually. If I’m an older cat and I’ve lived alone with you for years, I don’t need a friend. Really. I’m already too set in my ways.

1719601419077.png

I love the Cat Dancer and other fancy toys and gadgets…​

…but I can have just as much fun with a paper bag with the handles cut off, an aluminum foil ball, or a plain box. It’s actually quite easy to create a homemade toy that I’ll love. Anything that is shiny or that I can scratch is going to make my day.

1719601587821.png

To stop me from scratching a piece of furniture…​

…cover the entire area with an old bedsheet, aluminum foil, or strips of double-sided tape, because those don’t feel good under my paws. Then put a tall scratching post right in front of it.

Never had that problem with Me BushyBooBoo...!!!

View attachment 156237

"

There’s no question that if you keep me inside and don’t let me wander the neighborhood…​

…whether I’m a dog or a cat, I’ll have a better chance of living a longer life. I won’t get hit by a car, stolen, or just plain lost. But once I’ve been allowed to roam free, it’ll be hard to change me." :lightbulb:
One of the "hard criteria" for the retirement house was a completely fenced backyard for Teddy Ruxpin the dog.

He is still learning the Electric rope fences at the horse farm :p

View attachment 156240

Before you buy a fancy cabinet to put my litter box in…​

…keep in mind that most of us don’t like to feel cornered. I prefer an uncovered box that’s out of the way but where I have a view of the room and can escape if I see anything threatening.
Our cats HATED the closed boxes, they will sleep in them, but sure won't potty in them.

They will be "end tables" / cat beds at the north house.

Did you hear the hype about grain-free cat and dog food?​

That’s what it is: hype. There’s nothing wrong with feeding me grains. They can actually be an important part of a balanced diet. Before you make any change, talk to your vet.

1719602137033.png

I See Mr. Curious is being just that Again...!!! Little Cali-Girl looks almost like She is Mixed with a Big Cat, kinda Lioness look to her...!! and the Twins are Sleeping it off Again...! :heart:

This one She was in a stroller :

On the Hood of a GMC Pickup :

Attachments

• P12-03-16_10.32.jpg
    P12-03-16_10.32.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P09-23-16_10.52.jpg
    P09-23-16_10.52.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
While shifting thru some flash drives, Me found a couple :

# 18.11.jpg = 3 little kittens...

"Scraps", "Crash" n "Sassy"(Mini-me of Mama)

Attachments

• P03-17-17_12.54.jpg
    P03-17-17_12.54.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P03-17-17_12.55.jpg
    P03-17-17_12.55.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P03-18-17_13.52.jpg
    P03-18-17_13.52.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 0
  • P07-15-15_18.11.jpg
    P07-15-15_18.11.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 0
Lol, When I went looking for essential Oils I spied something Familiar :

"If there is one essential oil that is reminiscent of an age and a generation, it is the patchouli essential oil. Also, known as the ‘scent of the sixties’ the association comes from the swinging sixties and hippies who loved eastern fabrics. These fabrics were often scented with patchouli essential oil. So strong is the association that Madonna famously scented her album Like A Prayer with patchouli oil because she wanted to recreate the 60s."

Health Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil​

Much of the benefits associated with patchouli oil are anecdotal in nature. Many of these are practiced regularly in aromatherapy. Science is now discovering that there could be a deep relationship between the compounds present in essential oils and our health. These work topically and through inhalation. :thumbs: :heart:

Latest posts

Back