Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boy Blackie departed/passed away yesterday evening
August 28 - 2024 after he did enter in my life and in my house
for 17 years with his brother Angel
REST IN PEACE BLACKIE BOY - 17 YEARS OLD ---AUGUST 28 - 2024.jpeg

That was his brother white ANGEL....SO NOW THEY ARE TOGETHER FOREVER

My 2 boys are now together in the Cats Paradise 💞
1724963030737.png

Last edited:
@Ekatarina ,My Eyes are doing all those things that they do when I Remember what We Feel when We LOVE what We Do and Have With Our Loved Ones and I am Thankful You had Such Long and Full-filled Loved Relationships with Your Fur-Babies...!!! GOD Bless and Keep You Strong with Love...!!!

The road is long
With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where?
Who knows where?
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear

We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share?
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
https://stubhub.prf.hn/click/camref...destination:https://www.stubhub.com/_C-259827
He's my brother

*Blackie and *Angel when I found them
They both Rest In Peace
They had a good life
They were so young, friendly and not too feral
So I did pick them too inside and make them neutered
They found a forever home / Myself
They were safe and loved - Never hungry and never thirst
Now they are together
Time is flying so fast !!!
1725028913137.png

1725029219796.png

*Blackie and *Angel when I found them
They both Rest In Peace
They had a good life
They were so young, friendly and not too feral
So I did pick them too inside and make them neutered
They found a forever home / Myself
They were safe and loved - Never hungry and never thirst
Now they are together
Time is flying so fast !!!
View attachment 160892
View attachment 160893
Very cute!!!!!

Thumper's on the hunt! She is so funny, never had a cat so smart. She understands "bird" and "bunny." Squirrels are bunnies too. LOL When we see a critter at the water bowl we'll call out and she'll come running. Then she starts clicking her teeth and swinging her tail back and forth like an excited puppy.

I'm like, "That's kitty food! You want those birds don't you?" She'll start wiggling her butt. Then she'll run to the back door. LOL We don't let her scare the critters though. She does like to chase quail, but they'll jump up on the back fence and it drives her crazy cause she can't catch them. She'll sneak up, but they know and always hop up on the fence. And there's two road runners, pretty sure they would kick her butt.

Also, do you like my insulation job? ;) Our kitchen is on the other side of the ac, farthest from the central air. In summer we run an auxillary window banger to take load off the main unit, otherwise the kitchen will be like 84 and the main air runs a lot more. It's still 114 here and may hit 120 again by Friday. Always an end of summer heat wave. Supposed to drop to 105 ish by 9/15. Hurry up!
20240902_175412.jpg

We have been teaching Thumper a new trick. When she was young we made a big mistake, and compounded it. She learned the cat carrier and going "car-car" meant a trip to the evil, scary vet and all those nasty, smelly... dogs in the waiting room. ;) So the last couple years we've avoided it. But this is the LAST summer we are spending in the gawdforsaken desert, and we need Thumper on board.

So, about a month ago I put the open carrier in a corner, with a towel inside. At first she wanted nothing to do with it. Yeah, tell me how cats don't remember. Oh they hold grudges I assure you. Anyway after a couple weeks I started sneaking kitty treats and leaving them inside. First near the door, then in the back where she was forced to climb inside to claim her prize. Now her scent is on it, and she checks for treats. A couple of times she just sits in it afterward.

So I started closing the door a little more each day. Now the door/gate is closed but not latched. She has learned to open the door to claim her treat!

She is such a smart kitty. "Mommy" has taught her to "sit" and come inside on command. (She's only allowed out when we are nearby due to coyotes, bobcats, owls, and the rare snake.)

Oh, and about kitty treats. I have to quietly sneak the bag out to the garage, behind two closed doors to open the bag. She can be sound asleep in her bedroom and if you krinkle the bag, in 5 seconds she's right there. So I have to hide in my own house to open the bag. ;) :D

Here is momma and the 4 babies (Jeffery, Stevie, Mikie and Allice) at 12 weeks. They managed to claim my TV room as their very own play room. My house has become a disaster, so I affectionately named them “THE WRECKING CREW”.
View attachment 161415
They are so cute. :)

We have been teaching Thumper a new trick. When she was young we made a big mistake, and compounded it. She learned the cat carrier and going "car-car" meant a trip to the evil, scary vet and all those nasty, smelly... dogs in the waiting room. ;) So the last couple years we've avoided it. But this is the LAST summer we are spending in the gawdforsaken desert, and we need Thumper on board.

So, about a month ago I put the open carrier in a corner, with a towel inside. At first she wanted nothing to do with it. Yeah, tell me how cats don't remember. Oh they hold grudges I assure you. Anyway after a couple weeks I started sneaking kitty treats and leaving them inside. First near the door, then in the back where she was forced to climb inside to claim her prize. Now her scent is on it, and she checks for treats. A couple of times she just sits in it afterward.

So I started closing the door a little more each day. Now the door/gate is closed but not latched. She has learned to open the door to claim her treat!

She is such a smart kitty. "Mommy" has taught her to "sit" and come inside on command. (She's only allowed out when we are nearby due to coyotes, bobcats, owls, and the rare snake.)

Oh, and about kitty treats. I have to quietly sneak the bag out to the garage, behind two closed doors to open the bag. She can be sound asleep in her bedroom and if you krinkle the bag, in 5 seconds she's right there. So I have to hide in my own house to open the bag. ;) :D
A plastic Jar will solve the "krinkle" noise...!!! Even Clean a Peanut Butter Jar and use that...?!?

Last edited:
Back