Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah no replacement for Bushy, We can' seem to keep them around here now for some reason, we do have a lot of new dogs around and a lot of people are leaving animals out to fend for themselves with food escalating more than the rate of inflation.😡

There is no shelter in this area, the closest is 30 to 40 miles away and most of the vets will not do kenneling for adoption.

Sad state of affairs when it happens.

Maybe you can get some help with them, I know you probably don't want to get to attached to them all.

See you have a little yeller too!,!,!

Maybe someone heavy on facebook can get you some leads soon.

Keep us all up!!!
Agree 1000%

There is a shelter less than a mile from here, I have to Contact Them about getting these Fixed when the time comes... I can't trust anyone around here as everywhere I go I see dogs left alone, cats running freely, some with tags...!!! After the Thrill is Gone with the Excitement of having Kittens and Puppies, azzholes throw them out on their own... I ain't the One that does that... I will do whatever I have to to keep them safe and alive... Hopefully Happy Living here... They can each have their Own Room if they want or They can all sleep together... They will Bee Free and Safe Here... You Will see pics as They grow into Beautiful Fur Babies, I will not Separate Them...!!! I will send pics to that Lady at the Thrift Store just so They can see what They could have had...!! :waiting::waiting::waiting:

Last edited:
Agree 1000%

There is a shelter less than a mile from here, I have to Contact Them about getting these Fixed when the time comes... I can't trust anyone around here as everywhere I go I see dogs left alone, cats running freely, some with tags...!!! After the Thrill is Gone with the Excitement of having Kittens and Puppies, azzhole throw them out on their own... I ain't the One that does that... I will do whatever I have to to keep them safe and alive... Hopefully Happy Living here... They can each have their Own Room if they want or They can all sleep together... They will Bee free and Safe Here... You Will see pics as They grow into Beautiful Fur Babies, I will not Separate Them...!!! I will send pics to that Lady at the Thrift Store just so They can see what They could have had...!! :waiting::waiting::waiting:
I truly believe Bushie would want you to do what is best for them!! 💖

Around the 2nd week of May I stopped by a loco Thrift Store next to an open lot which connected to a hedge-row with some bigger trees in it...
At the front of that store there are "Cat Houses" and Feeding/Watering Places for stray cats... I had been giving them bags of kitty food for a couple of weeks in Honor of Me BushieBooBoo as They Knew all about Her and saw all the pics of Her... This one time I was there the Daughter asked if I was ready for another Kitty, I replied back easily with a Nah, there is no more Love in here(Heart) as All I have n Had went with Bushie when She went Up... She said She saw one around the store and She had been feeding it in Hopes that one or two of Her Customers would soon bee by to see it and rescue it... While They had been waiting for that to happen She has had to Bury a couple that dogs had either killed or chased out to the street so car would hit them... About that time this little short-haired Calico came around the corner of their store and went up to Her... I said are You sure that You know someone that will take Her and She said Yes but was afraid to keep her inside as the Inside Cat that has been there a long time doesn't want anything to do with the new one... I told Her that I would take the kitty home with Me just to keep Her Safe till Her Fiends Stopped by to get her... Well, No Friends showed up for two months... Two weeks ago She(Kitty) decided to Produce 3 kittens... When I Informed the Lady at the Store about that She said really quick, "I know someone who will take a Kitten", I replied, "the Same One that You knew would take the Momma before I brought Her Home" Silence... was Her Answer...

So Now, I have a Momma and 3 Kittens, They are just that, Momma and 3 Kittens :
No one will ever replace Bushie. But a new cat could carve her own space in your heart. So many animals need a home and to be loved. They all deserve that. I tell my husband if I die before him that he should look for a new wife. He’s too good of a man to not share his life with someone. I don’t feel it would be replacing me. I think Bushie would feel the same. You loved her so well that you should continue to love a new cat. But it would NOT be a replacement for Bushie. I have three children. The second and third child were not replacements for the first. Our live is not divided in half or thirds when we choose to love more than one, it is multiplied by two or three.

Get that mama cat spayed, please.

Each animal I have loved had their own set of charming, cute and lovable qualities. No two are the same. I always think I could never find a pet as wonderful as the pet that may have recently died. But I do……in a different way. Don’t deny yourself another wonderful experience with an animal.

Just saw this and Knew to Share :

1721233705699.png

Almost a Month Old :

All this empty space in this 3 bedroom with Large 11x 20 Living Room and a Larger Kitchen/Dining Area and They like sleeping in that cardboard Dr. Pepper Box at the end of the couch...!!!

Attachments

• July 182024 002.jpg
    July 182024 002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • July 182024 003.jpg
    July 182024 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • July 182024 004.jpg
    July 182024 004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • July 182024 005.jpg
    July 182024 005.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 0
*Bushy* did sent them to you for you to be take care of them like you did for her
🥰
View attachment 157745
Or May🐝 for Them to "Take Care of Me" as I Miss Her So Damn Much it's still Unbelievable, I still cry even when posting about Her... and the 3 She gave Me only to bee told I couldn't keep them where We were in So. Fl...!!!P07-15-15_18.11.jpg

1st is Kodiak.

2nd is Beast/Pumpkin..

3rd is Grizzly...

Attachments

• July212024 001.jpg
    July212024 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • July212024 014.jpg
    July212024 014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • July212024 011.jpg
    July212024 011.jpg
After Eating an Playing, Time for Naps :

Attachments

• July212024 015.jpg
    July212024 015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • July212024 016.jpg
    July212024 016.jpg
  • July212024 017.jpg
    July212024 017.jpg
  • July212024 018.jpg
    July212024 018.jpg
He is the best,, He will just have to sit alone with Bushy and ask her how he should handle it, I believe with all my heart she will let him know they were one!!!
I picked up Kodiak and Felt the Purring inside...!!! :thumbs:

Being highly allergic to cats, I came in last week from a walk, and saw my granddaughter was here to play in the pool. I began sneezing, swollen and red faced, and knew something was up. I asked my granddaughter if she brought her cat over here, and she confessed that it was hiding "in her room".

I told my G/F that either the cat goes, or I go. She promptly took the cat back home. Yes, I guess I'm "that" mean grandpa.

Latest posts

Back