Choose your transportation

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and to stay on the transportation thread, just picked this up.
Besides the Silverado, we now have 4 SUV's (and a couple sedans).

1725666644097.jpeg

If the Bond car comes fully loaded with all the gadgets I'll take that. If it doesn't come fully loaded I want the Magnum car.

https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.net/staging/Content/Pages/InventoryDetails/204696.html
I really like the looks of this one. For where I live and what I do it would suit me just fine.
However - being a cranky old woman, I'm forever wishing things could be better than they are. I confess that I am very partial to seat heat, listening to my phone podcasts through the truck speakers, automatic transmission, and push button 4x4. I also appreciate the better safety features. Can't I have a truck with those amenities, in the classic, comfortable style? No emissions garbage, no cockpit style seating, no computers than be shut off by the powers that be, no stupid shutting off half the cylinders or touch screens; just a motor that reliably does motor things, a transmission that can haul stuff and jump into 4x4 mode when needed.

Next choice 4x4 for me would be my 1 ton 4x4 International Harvester dual wheel truck, if i had a place that i wanted to go and couldnt I just put it in 4 wheel all lock threw down some cables and hooked the wheels it will pull itself along the cables. unhook them and do it again
I had a International crew carrier when I ran grade crews..

It was a 6 gear with a split shift..so essentially 12 gears..a high n low for each gear..

The older Vietnam vet I worked with made sure that he taught me how to drive it when I got my class b with air brakes n passenger enforcement because it made me more valuable as a employee to be one of the few who could drive it.

So when it was time to hire someone to run the crews and train the new folks and the only rig not being used was the international..I was a shoe in. And the great part was it was my crews rig when I first started as a wee lass..so I felt I came full circle driving my riggy I'd rode in 4 years prior as a new gal on the crews..

Now Riggy was mine..and I could shift that gal on RPMs without the clutch..just got the feels for her n it was on..I loved that rig!

I had a International crew carrier when I ran grade crews..

It was a 6 gear with a split shift..so essentially 12 gears..a high n low for each gear..

The older Vietnam vet I worked with made sure that he taught me how to drive it when I got my class b with air brakes n passenger enforcement because it made me more valuable as a employee to be one of the few who could drive it.

So when it was time to hire someone to run the crews and train the new folks and the only rig not being used was the international..I was a shoe in. And the great part was it was my crews rig when I first started as a wee lass..so I felt I came full circle driving my riggy I'd rode in 4 years prior as a new gal on the crews..

Now Riggy was mine..and I could shift that gal on RPMs without the clutch..just got the feels for her n it was on..I loved that rig!
you talk so dirty on this forum !

my dream vehicle be something like old scout 2 with small/short cab and bed set up...with a vw disel engine so it gets close to 50miles per gallon..it be economy woodsbuming vehicle...catch a fish...hike a trail and get a few arm loads of firewood before heading home each day.

You going to enlightening me?
for putting in trails and survey lines through doghair...makes a machete look like a pocket knife

Back