Current Pulse of HCL--counts, and other data

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing people could try, say, if this forum were to get sold and go to the dogs:

When several users have found (or created) a new forum to call home, on that new forum create several posts that mention "What happened to homesteadingforum.org?" In fairly short order Google and the other robots will have picked this sentence up and indexed the thread where it is being repeated over and over. So anybody doing a Google search on this question should get hits to the new forum. Since the old forum would not have administrative control over the new forum, they couldn't silence or ban the people involved in advertising the new place in this roundabout way.

[edit]
You could maybe even make things more streamlined by posting something with the text "Did homesteadingforum.org move to xxx.yyy.org?" Then the new place would potentially pop up right there on the Google results page, without the person doing the search having to do much of anything at all. You're posting the answer by posing it as a question.
[/edit]

Last edited:
My read on it, at that time, was that PS got bought out. They replaced the admin, that everyone loved, with an admin that few got along with. I often wonder how nobody was injured in the stampede. A handful of members stayed but when I visited, to see how things were, it was like walking into an empty stadium with one player on the field.

Someone may own the forum but the members are the lifeblood. Without the members the forum is a cold carcass.
Don't even get me on the soapbox about CMG (carbon media group, a Canadian company) that bought up many American forums and destroyed them :mad:.
Their motto should have been: "if we can't talk about this stuff, neither can you!":waiting:
KTOG is a great example. Today, at the bottom of their page, you will find this:
  • The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo.
  • Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA
Once, dozens of posts per day... today, 4-8.:(
Many of us members, Phideaux, Haertig, myself, and others fled to the Talk Firearms forum, and later to here when it was 'combined'.

Last edited:
Don't even get me on the soapbox about CMG (carbon media group, a Canadian company) that bought up many American forums and destroyed them :mad:.
Their motto should have been: "if we can't talk about this stuff, neither can you!":waiting:
KTOG is a great example. Today, at the bottom of their page, you will find this:

Once, dozens of posts per day... today, 4-8.:(
Many of us members, Phideaux, Haertig, myself, and others fled to the Talk Firearms forum, and later to here when it was 'combined'.
... A snip from the PS forum website homepage today:
  • The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo.
  • Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA
Does that look familiar?:mad: (See above)
The last post on it was 4 days ago :oops:.
Is this beginning to make sense yet?

Last edited:
How did you find it?
Right click on your avatar, select open in new tab... look at the address bar. The address will end in your number...

That doesn't make sense. I joined November 27 of '17, Backlash joined December 3rd. I take it the numbers aren't chronological?

Agree... i'm 155 but signed up the same day as Sup42. His number is 468.

Did 300 bots sign up in between us?

That doesn't make sense. I joined November 27 of '17, Backlash joined December 3rd. I take it the numbers aren't chronological?
man made computer and program is all i can tell you =glitches

i bet its because multiple forums were combined and it shuffled numbers accordingly...just a guess. sorta like when threads are merged together and it shuffles all posts according to time posted thing.

Latest posts

Back