Current Pulse of HCL--counts, and other data

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you consider that dozens of members would show up in person at your place for a shoot, it is amazing that it only takes one narcissist who is hellbent on proving to everyone that he is "THE ALMIGHTY", to completely destroy a wonderful group of people. :mad:
Narcissist is exactly right. I remember the more than 50 active threads a day when I first joined around 2012, and then it was so slow that some days there around a dozen active threads. It was apparent that something was wrong. Some people said it was around the lack of interest in prepping. Nope. And if we end up in a community together, all it will take to make thing tough is a narcissist who goes after people who threaten them by being one of a number of things: smarter, more popular, more attractive...

I'm happy the forum is growing. I guess my two year anniversary came up in November. I wish more of the new members would post. Angie, thanks for all you do.

Today's statistics:

Threads 18,461
Messages 560,894
Members 1,111

Staff online

Members online

Total: 318 (members: 23, guests: 295)

295 guests!!! What can they see or do that is different than those of us who are members? Why not join and become members?

Last edited:
295 guests!!! What can they see or do that is different than those of us who are members? Why not join and become members?

I wonder if robots - like Google spiders - are counted as guests? I would assume they would be, since they are not "logged in". And they are consuming web pages as fast as they can. Going everywhere, mapping out the website for indexing.

I wonder if robots - like Google spiders - are counted as guests? I would assume they would be, since they are not "logged in". And they are consuming web pages as fast as they can. Going everywhere, mapping out the website for indexing.
No, and we got a LOT of them online at any time :(.
Robots are listed separate from guests and members:
Screenshot_20230929-133251_kindlephoto-236576208.png

Last edited:
No, and we got a LOT of them online at any time :(.
Robots are listed separate from guests and members:
View attachment 116913
...Like right now, we have 18 members online and over 7 pages of robots cruising the forum (more than 140).:mad:
So if you get an occasional error 522, don't be surprised. :(
Screenshot_20230929-135508_kindlephoto-237249660.png

Last edited:
This is just the beginning.

In a few short years, it will be impossible to pick the real people from the AI entities online.

They will be interacting with us all to make money from us and to keep track of what we think.

It will further blur the lines between the real and the unreal.

They will be creating content to support belief in alternative facts.

Most people will believe in things that are/will be mostly made up.

Many people worry that AI will enslave us all........it will........but not in the way that most people can imagine.

Peanut recently mentioned that it was the anniversary of the date this forum launched. It was sometime in November, 2017. Havasu has been a member since November 24, 2017. Was he one of the first? Anyone a member longer than him?
I know one of you will be able to remind us of the exact date the forum launched.
Here is the latest on the status of this forum:

forum statistic november 2023.JPG

Threads: 18,864
Members: 1,161
Latest member: FarmersDaughter

Peanut recently mentioned that it was the anniversary of the date this forum launched. It was sometime in November, 2017.
I thought the forum had been around longer than that. I joined on Dec 6, 2017 (per what shows up next to my avatar). I joined at the insistence of Phideaux. But I thought the forum had been around for well over a year before I came on board.

Damn. I joined on November 27, 2017. I was part of the wave that came to our former sister sub for firearms. Then Phideaux invited me here a day or two after.

There have been a lot of people come and go since those days. I didn't realize it was the anniversary of the forum's startup...
Since many of us came from PS, there was a PM that included many of us, telling us to invite people we knew from other forums. I worked it hard for a while, and eventually, most of us who reached out to others were banned from PS. I just looked there and many of the top contributors mostly moved here early on.

PS most messages.JPG

PS 2.JPG
PS 3.JPG

Last edited:
...Like right now, we have 18 members online and over 7 pages of robots cruising the forum (more than 140).:mad:
So if you get an occasional error 522, don't be surprised. :(
View attachment 116914
Ah, the good ol' days, when we only had 7 pages, (140) of robots:rolleyes:...
...Right now, 15 pages, (300) of robots. :(
I guess when your fanbase grows that much in just one month, you must be doing something 'right'.:D

Last edited:
Ah, the good ol' days, when we only had 7 pages, (140) of robots:rolleyes:...
...Right now, 15 pages, (300) of robots. :(
I guess when your fanbase grows that much in just one month, you must be doing something 'right'.:D

Just realized you and i signed up the same day! 😊 I got a message from grimm. Checked out the forum for a week or so before signing up. Didn't want a repeat of PS.

Latest posts

Back