Ebola confirmed in Dallas Texas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's this kind of crap that is going to cause problems!!!

NBC’s medical correspondent ‘violated Ebola quarantine’

"Dr. Nancy Snyderman and her crew had agreed to a voluntary quarantine when they returned to the United States from West Africa last week following their exposure to a cameraman who contracted the deadly virus"

"But Snyderman, who lives in Princeton, NJ, was spotted outside the Peasant Grill in nearby Hopewell on Thursday afternoon, according to Planet Princeton. Snyderman, who was wearing sunglasses and had her long hair pulled back, waited while a man went inside the eatery to pick up a takeout order, Planet reported"

http://nypost.com/2014/10/13/nbc-crew-ordered-under-mandatory-ebola-quarantine/

It's this kind of crap that is going to cause problems!!!

NBC’s medical correspondent ‘violated Ebola quarantine’

"Dr. Nancy Snyderman and her crew had agreed to a voluntary quarantine when they returned to the United States from West Africa last week following their exposure to a cameraman who contracted the deadly virus"

"But Snyderman, who lives in Princeton, NJ, was spotted outside the Peasant Grill in nearby Hopewell on Thursday afternoon, according to Planet Princeton. Snyderman, who was wearing sunglasses and had her long hair pulled back, waited while a man went inside the eatery to pick up a takeout order, Planet reported"

http://nypost.com/2014/10/13/nbc-crew-ordered-under-mandatory-ebola-quarantine/

"This is how we are going to die because people are so stubborn and pathetic" my girlfriend's response to this article hahah

You can't trust folks to quarantine themselves. Never could, and never should. It just won't happen.

Happened the same with Duncan's family in Dallas. . . once they violated quarantine was when they had armed guards watching them. You would think states would learn from each other and stop making the same mistakes. If one is not symptomatic, it is assumed that they can not spread the disease, but honestly I don't want to test that theory.

co442.jpg

Scientists Rein In Fears of Ebola, a Virus Whose Mysteries Tend to Invite Speculation
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...steries-tend-to-invite-speculation/ar-BB9aPvz

Agree, a lot of the fears is not an issue 'yet' but the 'Speculations' is derived from the cavalier attitude from the White House and the CDC. When the first ebola patient arrived in the US the CDC and the White House both said we have nothing to worry about and the chances of ebola coming into this Country is remote and if it did we are equipped to handle it (oops, oops and oops) speculation? Who was speculating here, and the government wonders why the people don't trust them, whats that phrase... 'once a liar always a liar' hmm, as spectators we have no option but to speculate since we certainly don't get the truth from the feds!!

And now there's a second case in Texas related to the first death. What has me concerned is hearing that they are expecting 10,000 new cases a WEEK in Africa. That cannot be contained. I sure hope that our few African members here are hunkered down for the duration. 10,000 cases a week in the US would destroy our health care system, I believe. With the numbers of African health care workers who have taken all the precautions and died anyway, I suspect a large number of our healthcare workers will walk off the job.

Agree, a lot of the fears is not an issue 'yet' but the 'Speculations' is derived from the cavalier attitude from the White House and the CDC. When the first ebola patient arrived in the US the CDC and the White House both said we have nothing to worry about and the chances of ebola coming into this Country is remote and if it did we are equipped to handle it (oops, oops and oops) speculation? Who was speculating here, and the government wonders why the people don't trust them, whats that phrase... 'once a liar always a liar' hmm, as spectators we have no option but to speculate since we certainly don't get the truth from the feds!!
I just saw a doctor from the WHO, he said our governments assurances are way too dismissive. He admitted that they aren't certain about anything with Ebola, and that everyone is trying to learn about it and how it's transmitted. They have ideas about it, but very few certainties.

I just saw a doctor from the WHO, he said our governments assurances are way too dismissive. He admitted that they aren't certain about anything with Ebola, and that everyone is trying to learn about it and how it's transmitted. They have ideas about it, but very few certainties.

There was a time I trusted the CDC above anything regarding WHO, WHO is correct regarding ebola and the CDC is dead wrong period! No, I still don't like nor trust WHO thus it will remain on my shxt list, unfortunately it appears I need to add the CDC to that list of the bloated bureaucratic mouthpiece.

And now there's a second case in Texas related to the first death. What has me concerned is hearing that they are expecting 10,000 new cases a WEEK in Africa. That cannot be contained. I sure hope that our few African members here are hunkered down for the duration. 10,000 cases a week in the US would destroy our health care system, I believe. With the numbers of African health care workers who have taken all the precautions and died anyway, I suspect a large number of our healthcare workers will walk off the job.
You're wrong about 10,000 cases destroying our health care system. It wouldn't take anything near that number. I'm not sure I even want to know how much it cost to have a private wing and specialized staff at Emory. Some nursing unions are allready getting scared with just one nurse infected, just think what will happen if thirty or more healthcare workers get this thing. I don't want to alarm everyone, whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I just wish our govt would stop trying to sugar cote this, and spend more time learning about it than spinning false reassurances.

You're wrong about 10,000 cases destroying our health care system. It wouldn't take anything near that number. I'm not sure I even want to know how much it cost to have a private wing and specialized staff at Emory. Some nursing unions are allready getting scared with just one nurse infected, just think what will happen if thirty or more healthcare workers get this thing. I don't want to alarm everyone, whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I just wish our govt would stop trying to sugar cote this, and spend more time learning about it than spinning false reassurances.
I think I heard somewhere that it was 1 1/2 million to treat Duncan and he died. It was something like half a million or a quarter million to hazmat the apartment where he was staying and he wasn't even an American citizen!
I'm watching the CDC Director on The Kelly File right now. Don't you love how these politicos talk and talk and yet, never answer the questions directly asked of them.

Yep, which just goes to show that normal hospitals do NOT appear equipped to handle these cases with existing protocols. Indeed, there are really only about 4 hospitals in the US that are (Emory is one of them...notice how nobody there got it, even after two patients who were highly infectious).

Suffice to say, the existing protocols do NOT work in a normal hospital, obviously.

nursing unions are allready getting scared with just one nurse infected

Make that two as of today.

And the second nurse in Texas who has it was on a plane the day before she presented with symptoms, potentially exposing another 131 people. I think anyone who has had any exposure whatsoever should be in quarantine for 21 days, period. No exceptions and no trusting people to isolate themselves.

What's really funny (funny strange, not funny haha), is that the other day, I read this story about an African woman who was a nursing student, who stayed home and cared for 4 of her close family that got Ebola. Only one of the 3 died (he had it first, and was advanced in it), and she used disposable gloves, masks, and garbage bags.

She NEVER got it, and yet used homemade precautions. Yet these two nurses get it? Man, something is wrong here.

And the second nurse in Texas who has it was on a plane the day before she presented with symptoms, potentially exposing another 131 people. I think anyone who has had any exposure whatsoever should be in quarantine for 21 days, period. No exceptions and no trusting people to isolate themselves.

Why wasn't the nurse quarantined for the 24days after Duncan's death? in fact why wasn't all the staff that treated Duncan put in mandatory quarantine? After the first Nurse diagnosed with ebola why was the other staff members allowed to travel? What the hell is wrong with these people in charge.

Ebola Patient Traveled By Air Day Before Symptoms Surfaced

"The CDC has announced that the second healthcare worker diagnosed with Ebola traveled by air Oct. 13, the day before she first reported symptoms.
The CDC is now reaching out to all passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The flight landed at 8:16 p.m. CT."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/ebola-patient-traveled-day-before-diagnosis/

Why wasn't the nurse quarantined for the 24days after Duncan's death? in fact why wasn't all the staff that treated Duncan put in mandatory quarantine? After the first Nurse diagnosed with ebola why was the other staff members allowed to travel? What the hell is wrong with these people in charge.

All very good questions that they will have NO answers (or excuses) for.

OK she flew on a Frontier Air flight from Cleveland Ohio so that puts the risk up in the north as well.

Was it a direct flight? Just one layover or plane change, and the number then goes WAY the hell up.

Was a direct flight, but she flew TWICE after extensive contact with the victim. So far, the CDC isn't even bothering with the first plane. What? Seriously? So basically, they are so sure of their "not contagious when asymptomatic" assessment that they are betting all of those people's lives on it. Well, if I was on the first (or second) flight...screw that, I'm getting tested that day.

Was a direct flight, but she flew TWICE after extensive contact with the victim. So far, the CDC isn't even bothering with the first plane. What? Seriously? So basically, they are so sure of their "not contagious when asymptomatic" assessment that they are betting all of those people's lives on it. Well, if I was on the first (or second) flight...screw that, I'm getting tested that day.

Ya, just like they thought that ebola spreading in this country was so remote that they said 'don't worry, we are equipped and prepared'

So the Nurse that traveled, ya, the one that wasn't in quarantine...

"Health care workers treating Thomas Eric Duncan in a hospital isolation unit didn’t wear protective hazardous-material suits for two days until tests confirmed the Liberian man had Ebola — a delay that potentially exposed perhaps dozens of hospital workers to the virus, according to medical records"

I dont know that you guys watch Fox News, but Shepard smith sounded kinda eery here in the last 15 minutes... He stared at the camera straight on, and was like "Do not panic. The hysteria that people spread is not based in fact or on science. It is not rational to panic, we do not have an Ebola outbreak in the United States." (Maybe not verbatim, but overall idea)
I encourage anyone who saw this to share their thoughts... It seemed kinda oddly dismissive of this whole situation.....

I dont know that you guys watch Fox News, but Shepard smith sounded kinda eery here in the last 15 minutes... He stared at the camera straight on, and was like "Do not panic. The hysteria that people spread is not based in fact or on science. It is not rational to panic, we do not have an Ebola outbreak in the United States." (Maybe not verbatim, but overall idea)
I encourage anyone who saw this to share their thoughts... It seemed kinda oddly dismissive of this whole situation.....

I don't believe people are panicking nor over reacting (at the moment) The people are rightfully concerned not because of the ebola we recently had here but the concerns is around the assurances we have nothing to worry about and the stupid mistakes that soon followed and continue. Shepard smith sounds if he is becoming a government mouthpiece, I heard him the other day make the same claim, its almost like.. hey, the sun is going super nova tomorrow but don't worry about it today because its happening tomorrow... good grief!

Hey shepard smith, stop reporting on it thus say something only when it truly becomes relevant.

a delay that potentially exposed perhaps dozens of hospital workers to the virus, according to medical records

Like I said, I'd put money on seeing at least another couple of cases in the next few days, at this hospital.

read here on a news site that they don't exactly have trained the hospital staff to handle that dicease..neither was the nurses protective gear what it should have been,if it's like that you will see more ebola than you wish you would..but don't feel sad our plans to deal with it are "only" 10 yrs old...so nothing to worry ;)

Latest posts

Back