Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...
On a more serious note...let's begin

Socrates , the Athenian philosopher quoted, " To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom."
Often, more people will be familiar with their Sun sign, but have no idea what threads of wisdom and self discovery lay in wait to be explored in the vast tapestry of their personality type.
The Meyers -Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) was developed as a psychological tool utilized to measure the assign of individuals in 16 core personality types.
So,
What is your personality type ? and if you don't know or want to add..what is you sign too?

" There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen. " Rumi

There is a language older than words. It is that intuitive knowing that can transcend the barriers between species or offers a bridge of understanding between those who speak different languages. Everything on this planet speaks it , but humans are the least attuned to its existence or value.

When was a notable time you used this skill And how often do you intentionally use it?

Where do you or did you feel the strongest sense of community with and why?

Imagine, you find yourself a interesting bottle upon a soft, warm sandy beach. You pick it up to inspect it's patterns in the bright sunlight and give it swipe to dispel dried sand upon its textured surface.
Out swirls a beautiful flowing creature granting you 3 wishes ...
Go...

What is mire important in a relationship,
Love or Respect or both and why?

Ok...

I am not going to do well @Hooch with your question but I will try.

Socrates , the Athenian philosopher quoted, " To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom."
Often, more people will be familiar with their Sun sign, but have no idea what threads of wisdom and self discovery lay in wait to be explored in the vast tapestry of their personality type.
The Meyers -Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) was developed as a psychological tool utilized to measure the assign of individuals in 16 core personality types.
So,
What is your personality type ? and if you don't know or want to add..what is you sign too?

I may have known that 40 years ago but I don't remember. I remember testing as a "paranoid schizophrenic with psychotic tendances" (I got better) or was that " lawful good"?

Aquarius?

There is a language older than words. It is that intuitive knowing that can transcend the barriers between species or offers a bridge of understanding between those who speak different languages. Everything on this planet speaks it , but humans are the least attuned to its existence or value.

When was a notable time you used this skill And how often do you intentionally use it?

Ben (the physicist) says "wait what?"

I am not a social animal. Community for me ends with family. Family dinners.

Imagine, you find yourself a interesting bottle upon a soft, warm sandy beach. You pick it up to inspect it's patterns in the bright sunlight and give it swipe to dispel dried sand upon its textured surface.
Go...

Show it to The Princess and probably throw it back in the ocean. Abraham showed me to be happy with what God gives me.

For a relationship?

Respect.

Love is a special form of relationship.

Best I can do. :rolleyes:

Ben

Ok...

So,

Go...

We should all know by now that I have a problem with rules so I am going to be one of the firsts brats to answer, unless someone beats me to it
1. E N T P Aires , year of the tiger
2. Heavy on the intuition. It helps with everything, troubleshooting especially, if I get an idea, and don't listen, it ends up there any way. (at least general area) Oversize /heavyhaul, how do I keep a 13ft load in a 16 foot lane going around a corner??/ just staying alive, knowing when to move or jump out of the way.
3.When I am able to solve things, or the rare occasion when I get to spend time or communicate with someone else who things way outside the envelope (whacking the mail box outside)
4. after finding out if there are any nasties attached of course. 1. the removal of evil from all of creation. 2. happiness for all. 3 long enough life to develop true wisdom.
5. Respect, respect is required for real love to exist. without it you have infatuation, or lust.

Last edited:
And for those that don't know who Aristophanes is... what is that?

Ben
He was a student of Socrates and great thinkers of the time, but found his way to fame as a comedian. The thing is that in being ‘funny’ he was criticizing the powers that be at the time. Oddly enough… ‘they’ accepted him … inviting him to events of the the elites.

He was a student of Socrates and great thinkers of the time, but found his way to fame as a comedian. The thing is that in being ‘funny’ he was criticizing the powers that be at the time. Oddly enough… ‘they’ accepted him … inviting him to events of the the elites.
It was probably a ‘know your enemy’ thing … being invited to gatherings of ‘elites’ and accepting the invitation.

Last edited:
1: Can’t remember and went to find the test but not paying $60. I know the first is Introversion- can’t remember on the others. Aries
2: Oh yeah with intuition. Can’t explain it really. I just say it’s God telling me something.
3: Community- the first thing that came to mind was a leadership group I was a part of in HS. There were a half dozen of us from all over the county. Have only seen 1 of them since HS, but they were the kind of folks I would probably trust to this day.
4: Hmm Genie 🧞 in a bottle 🤔. Have to give that one more thought.
5: I will assume this is like a husband and wife relationship- both. I can respect my enemies but to love is to see past flaws and have a fondness not only in spite of but partially because of those flaws 😍
Thoughtful questions H. Hope you have a smooth day at work.

Whoo hoo, you go girl.....!!! 1) I fit in MANY of the 16 personalities!! So I have multiple personalities??🤔 I am a Libra, but I balance things for me, which helps others!! I'll please you, control you, and make everything good!!😉 2) I use my INTUITION constantly!! I talk to the animals and the trees! That weird personal communication with all beings will be what makes one or breaks one in a survival situation!! 3) My strongest sense of community is with NATURE!! 4) 3 wishes🤔....I live to see the other side of our mess we are in. 2, My animals don't suffer because of this mess we are in. 3, Eternal freedom!! 5) RESPECT!! It's the greatest expression of love!! Dang Hooch, you knocked it out of the park!! I love you even more!!😉😃

I don't usually answer the 'fives' but I'm gonna give this one a shot.

1. Socrates , the Athenian philosopher quoted, " To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom."
What is your personality type ? and if you don't know or want to add..what is your sign too?

Gemini, comedian, I make people laugh so their world is not completely full of 'serious' people. 🤪

2. "There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen. " Rumi
...When was a notable time you used this skill And how often do you intentionally use it?

All the time, when i pet the cat and hear her purr. We are both happy.:)

3. Where do you or did you feel the strongest sense of community with and why?
Fellow diesel mechanics, because I know they have been thru everything I have.

4. Imagine, you find yourself a interesting bottle upon a soft, warm sandy beach. You pick it up to inspect it's patterns in the bright sunlight and give it swipe to dispel dried sand upon its textured surface.
Go...

1. The ability to keep everything I have now. 2. That my wife stays with me thru the end. 3. A smooth, easy, exit from this world.

5.What is more important in a relationship,

Respect. With respect, love happens.

Ok...

So,

Go...

1.) I never took a Meyers-Briggs test but on others I come up as an Executive. Extroverted, Observant, Thinking, Judging, Assertive. They all fit, and I am a Taurus.

2.) Ladylocust cleared this up for me: intuition. I don't pay much attention to it.

3.) Probably with a sports team either playing or coaching. It was a group focused on a goal: to win.

4.) First thing I would ask for would be a million more wishes. I am greedy.

5.) Respect. Without respect I don't think I could find love.

1. I don't give any thought to astrology being a thing for me, but I would be an Aries
2. Intuition: I try to pay attention to it. God's whispers. God's shouts.
3. Community: Where I live, the people around me are good and good to us and our family. I appreciate them. I wouldn't want to be living anywhere else.
4. I would wonder about those wishes and where they were actually coming from. I'm good, don't need them.
5. Love is the greatest, but respect is very good

Ok...

1. What is your personality type ? and if you don't know or want to add..what is you sign too?

2. When was a notable time you used this skill And how often do you intentionally use it?

4. Imagine, you find yourself a interesting bottle upon a soft, warm sandy beach. You pick it up to inspect it's patterns in the bright sunlight and give it swipe to dispel dried sand upon its textured surface.

5. What is mire important in a relationship, Love or Respect or both and why?

1. What is your personality type ? and if you don't know or want to add..what is you sign too?
I test as either an INTJ or ISTJ, depending on the test and my mood. Gemini

2. When was a notable time you used this skill And how often do you intentionally use it?
Mostly with cats and dogs, they are very good at sensing character.

When I worked, with my co-workers.

Out swirls a beautiful flowing creature granting you 3 wishes .
It never works out in fables, not falling for the chance of unintended consequences.

5. What is mire important in a relationship, Love or Respect or both and why?
Respect. I can respect someone without loving them, but not sure I could love somebody I didn't respect and trust.
Side note, if you want to take a free MB test, 16personalities.Com has the test, and descriptions of the personality types

1: Can’t remember and went to find the test but not paying $60. I know the first is Introversion- can’t remember on the others. Aries
2: Oh yeah with intuition. Can’t explain it really. I just say it’s God telling me something.
3: Community- the first thing that came to mind was a leadership group I was a part of in HS. There were a half dozen of us from all over the county. Have only seen 1 of them since HS, but they were the kind of folks I would probably trust to this day.
4: Hmm Genie 🧞 in a bottle 🤔. Have to give that one more thought.
5: I will assume this is like a husband and wife relationship- both. I can respect my enemies but to love is to see past flaws and have a fondness not only in spite of but partially because of those flaws 😍
Thoughtful questions H. Hope you have a smooth day at work.
Therr are a few good sites that offer the test for free. It is not something to be rushed or have distractions . Dadem mentioned a site..

Ok...

So,
ISTJ (based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator#/media/File:MyersBriggsTypes.png)

2. " There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen. " Rumi

I'm not certain what you mean, but I communicate better with animals than I do some people.

I have a core group of close friends. Our families are close - kids are friends - and trust is very strong.

Go...
First, make the media honest and objective. Let them shine a bright light on the evil being done to kids. Epstein's client list might be a good place to start. Was pizzagate really just nonsense? We know child trafficking is big business, so disclose who's doing what. Dig into corruption of all sorts so it can be ended. This ties into media, corporations, entertainment and politics. Punish them all appropriately.

Next, I'd ask for an indestructible tablet computer with infinite power (electrical and processing) that is able to answer any question and display any knowledge that can be known, past present or future.

Finally, I'd ask the tablet what my third wish should be.
5. What is mire important in a relationship,
Both are equally important to me. I couldn't live with someone I didn't both love and respect.

Ok...

So,

Go...

1. INFJ. and Taurus ♉

2. This question has had some interesting answers for sure. I think some folks focased on intuition alone, which is ok but i was alluding to a specific skill that helps your intuitive knowing and communication.
So I will refrain on answering to allow folks to smoke their brains a bit..some have said it by disclosing their ability to get along better with animals.
It really is a skill humans don't really talk about much but comes in very handy in certain careers and circumstances.

3. I'm like Pearl..in nature and animals largely. I was very comfortable with my SAR teams community but I've always felt the oddball even when others wanted me in the club.

4. Since this is magical daydreaming..

1. I would wish for a personal starship to transport me to any time or place anywhere in the universe. The starship would looking function like a comphy home with a shop and small bay for the pups to crap in. I could communicate with the ship from anywhere in it and it never needs maintenance or breaks down and has a cloaking feature as well as a holodeck that provides me with anything i need. It's magical and my fantasy..
I would start with exploring earth..ancient Egypt, go whale watching, go to Alexandria library..
2. I would wish for no animal or child fall victim to the cruelty and anger of another human and that adults everywhere evolve to learn how to corroborate towards a better human existence.
3. Set the creature free ..cuz I'm nice like that too.

5. Both are important but I feel respect tops it off.

I'll go back to question #2! The skill I have that helps my intuitive knowing and communication is absorbing, as in listening, hearing, and watching!!
@Pearl ...
Sooo...what specific skill...are you utilizing ...when you are..for example...absorbing as you say...ALL the information your donkey is telling you when it is about to roll in the dirt or how does Bear tell you he has to poop..
Your donkey isn't verbally telling you he or she is about to roll in the dirt..but it he/she is communicating that to you and the other animals with what kinda of language?

Ok...

So,

Go...

ok, done baking and it is now raining so I will have a go at these questions. I have to say these are the hardest ones yet

1. Leo, and Dragon in the Chinese one, and they both fit my personality

2. I don't really understand that question so no answer, sorry

3. can't answer that one either , not sure what exactly you mean by that, I am not Amish so can't relate

4. 3 wishes ( and I assume you can't ask for more wishes, or we would be here all day LOL)
1. I would like life to be fair and just for everyone. Total 100% karma , you get what you put in. So if you are a good person ( don't murder, lie, cheat, steal , treat people or animals like crap) you will have good karma all the time, if you are an evil terrible person that does not, you get a horrible disease and die young and suffer. The reward and punishments in your life fit exactly how you act.
2. no governments , no countries, everything is ruled by my wish # 1. You won't need countries and governments if life worked like that
3. death is set at a certain age ( maybe 100) for everyone ( since there is not enough room for unlimited people or animals) unless they remove themselves from the planet by bad actions ( see # 1)

there you go! Does it sound like I want to be a goddess? LOL maybe, but you asked ....did you think I was going to ask for a million $?

5. neither, I think actions are more important than just words , love is very much up to the definition of what that is of the individual

@Pearl ...
Sooo...what specific skill...are you utilizing ...when you are..for example...absorbing as you say...ALL the information your donkey is telling you when it is about to roll in the dirt or how does Bear tell you he has to poop..
Your donkey isn't verbally telling you he or she is about to roll in the dirt..but it he/she is communicating that to you and the other animals with what kinda of language?
BODY LANGUAGE!!

Latest posts

Back