Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pearl is right, will you come up with the 5 questions for next week? There is a post on page 27 or 28 that lists all the questions that have been asked up to that point. I will make an update post when I have time, or @dademoss can as I think he made the last one.

Also, if you want to cheat like me, you can use this link for ideas:

https://www.prevention.com/sex/relationships/a40460332/questions-to-ask-to-get-to-know-someone/

And yes, it says sex and relationships in the link. I am focused on those topics as of late.
I get it..no problem..

1. How did your parents meet? If you don’t know, how do you meet the love of your life?
I think it was at one of my aunties gatherings- my Dad came along with a mate and was eyeing up my youngest aunt when my Mum swooped in.
I had the 13 year old hots for my husband having vaguely 'met' him at a disco. Then use to watch him go by my school each morning. Years later I came home from abroad and we met up again.

2. If you could return to your youth, and set out on a new path, knowing what you know about the world today, what career or lifestyle would you select? Railroad traveling bum is an option.
I'd love to be a bum in a van :) seriously, there are only two incidences in my life that I would swerve- but I would still be me unfortunately! I am where I am.

3. What is the most flattering compliment you have ever received from someone? Two years ago when a lecturer was discussing our future options: he said my work was highly publishable, told me 'of course you are capable of a Masters', and threw in 'and then go on for a PhD'. I was floored. And other than that- the first time some said I love you, and I knew they meant it because they had seen me throw up.

4. What is the worst injury, physical or emotional, you have ever sustained? My biggest injury is probably emotional - but I did jump off a runaway horse once.That was fun.

5. If you had to sing a song at a karaoke bar, what song would you belt out? Not asking for your favorite song, but a song you would actually be willing to sing in front of others.
Oh.. I did Cyndi Laupers Time after Time once. (I'm so sorry Cyndi). I'm not sure- I'm a bad singer so something to distract people into dancing and singing along to.

Bonus Q: What was the very first firearm you pulled a trigger on? I don't shoot really. My husbands bb gun I think- he was walking away slagging me, reckoned I couldn't, or wouldn't shoot him :)
Right between the shoulder blades. I'm more into archery than guns.
Thank you @d_marsh

Friday Fives: 09 AUG 2024

1. How did your parents meet? If you don’t know, how do you meet the love of your life?
Mom and dad met in college.
2. If you could return to your youth, and set out on a new path, knowing what you know about the world today, what career or lifestyle would you select? Railroad traveling bum is an option.
1. Invest in tech stocks and get obscenely rich.
2. Buy a homestead and work on it full-time rather than work for other people.

I'd still marry she who is my wife today - my family would be as it is now.
3. What is the most flattering compliment you have ever received from someone?
"I do."
4. What is the worst injury, physical or emotional, you have ever sustained?
Being betrayed by someone I love was emotionally painful. Dislocating my knee and having to pop it back in place myself was up there, too.
5. If you had to sing a song at a karaoke bar, what song would you belt out? Not asking for your favorite song, but a song you would actually be willing to sing in front of others.
Baby Shark because I choose to be as annoying as humanly possible.
Bonus Q: What was the very first firearm you pulled a trigger on?
Colt .38 special revolver of some sort. Don't know the model.

These are great.

Mom’s dad was a preacher at the church where one of my dad’s friends went. Friend told dad about mom, dad went to see her at her parents house (took some balls huh?) I met my wife at our college’s welcome week dance during her first week of school.

I’d do the same thing, but maybe a bit less time slacking off.

Either “Sir, I’d follow you into hell anytime.” Or “Thank you for all you’ve sacrificed for our family”.

Physical, broken bones or Pneumonia that hospitalized me as a child. Otherwise, lost my crew in a plane crash when I wasn’t flying with them.

Either “Crazy train” by Ozzy or “With or without you” by U2 or crooning “Beyond the sea” by Bobby Darin or “All summer long” by Kid Rock. I won competitions with those four so I feel good I’ll hold my own

Marlin model 66 .22

Friday Fives: 09 AUG 2024

1.) My parents met at the bank they were working at. My Hubby and I met on Firearmstalk forum.

2.) I always wanted to be a veterinarian but I didn’t have good enough grades to get accepted. I became a medical lab technician and thoroughly enjoyed my career.

3.) “I like your honesty. You are a very likeable person.”

4.) emotionally, the death of my Mother. Physically, a foot surgery I had done. The pain was very intense for a couple weeks.

5.) I once sang Back in the USSR by the Beatles in front of a bunch of go-workers. I think I did pretty well.

BONUS) I really can’t remember but I’m sure it was a .22 of some sort. That same day I shot an Uzi at 100 yds and hit the metal target. What a thrill.

They went to high school together.

I tried quite a few when I was young, the one I liked I stayed with 34 years.

"I'd trust you with anything"

Dumped by the girl I really liked.

Rockytop

Bonus Q: What was the very first firearm you pulled a trigger on? Remington Model 4, .22

I believe the forum staff will come to your house and force you to look at nude photos of Nancy Pelosi.

I would rather have a root canal without novacaine. That is a fate worse than death. :confused2:

Question...if a question requires a bit of research ahead of time..can that be asked now so folks can look up their stuff??
Also..wasgoing to look up page 27 n 28 so I don't ask questions already asked but my pages are numbered by posts not pages..is there a way to change that?

Question...if a question requires a bit of research ahead of time..can that be asked now so folks can look up their stuff??
Also..wasgoing to look up page 27 n 28 so I don't ask questions already asked but my pages are numbered by posts not pages..is there a way to change that?
I think you just burnt-up two questions.

I’ll stay tuned for the others.

is there a little series of boxes just below the last post, and the reply box ?

I might be absent Friday!!😮 Research??😮

1. Met at Kays Ice Cream parlor on Western avenue by Caz Walkers in Knoxville, Tn. where she worked when he taught ROTC at UT.

2. I would have invested in everything that I decided not to over the years by actual count now that would be around 80 billion with the initial offering of bitcoin at .06 w 40,000 dollars in.

But hindsight is 20-20 and stupid is as stupid does and I plead guilty to that HEHEHEH.

3. X rated.

4. Broken neck in car wreck.

5. Follow That Dream.

6. 1936 Remington Targetmaster 22 LR single shot.

Last edited:
1. Met at Kays Ice Cream parlor on Western avenue by Caz Walkers in Knoxville, Tn. where she worked when he taught ROTC at UT.

2. I would have invested in everything that I decided not to over the years by actual count now tha would be around 80 billion with the initial offering of bitcoin at.006 40,000 dollars in.

But hind sight is 20-20 and stupid is as stupid does I plead guilty.

I do not know why this thing keeps double posting my edits?

I have been fighting microsofts searches and trackers for about two weeks since the last update they stuck in this thing.

I am about to roll it back to a time long before they did anything to it.

they have even blocked admins from removing some of their garbage.

They do not own this thing I paid for it!!!!!

I was basing page numbers on this:

page.png

Latest posts

Back