Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still eyeing a Glock 36, it's a single stack that my hand might actually fit. Maybe Someday.

Kinda afraid of another semi auto, there are days I can't rack the flippin slide on a reload/misfire 😭
There’s a thread here with a few posts about how Gkocks work for a person, ergonomically, or not.

They work for me and it’s the reliability and simplicity that sold me on them. Other wise…. give me a six shooter and I’d be happy enough.

ATM, I'm a revolver guy,

Getting old sucks, but that is a whole nother thread to be started :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Threads such as this roam around all sorts of topics.
ATM, I'm a revolver guy,

Getting old sucks, but that is a whole nother thread to be started :)

My first gun was a revolver. I've since purchase a couple of others hand guns.
I need to go practice some more. It's been too long. Another lady and I would go to the gun range near work one day a week, and grab a sandwich to eat at our desk when we got back.
Where I worked was very gun friendly and most of the ex military had a gun on them somewhere. But, you'd never know it unless they knew you were gun friendly also. (this is not a recent photo)

Angie shooting.jpg

Easy, man. This should be just another conversation thread with a sidetrack or two.
Write your congressman about it.
I coulda sworn rule #9 in the Rules For The HCL Forum said this:

9. Discussion relating to firearms, ammunition and related subjects are permitted on HCL in a specific section.

I guess I read it wrong. :(

1. If you have one, what is your “bump in the night/Fox in the henhouse” implement/weapon?
The twelve gauge pump by my bed with buck shot, unless it’s my daughter getting home late with her date next year, the double barrel 12 gauge in the closet will send a better message.
2. What species of bird gets you most excited when you see one?
Toss up between a bald eagle and a turkey
3. Cat person or Dog Person, or Both?
Really prefer dogs, but the wife has insured there will always be cats around
4. How many states have you visited? (you can count the ones you lived in)
50 for me and the wife, kids have made 47, Oregon, Montana and Wyoming will be made next summer though
5. Do you garden and preserve/can your harvest?
Yep and yep, though I’m still new to both. This is how I found this place

9. Discussion relating to firearms, ammunition and related subjects are permitted on HCL in a specific section.

READ MY QUESTION. I DO NOT JUDGE OR MODERATE MEMBERS RESPONSES TO MY QUESTIONS. I MAY have been out of line in my response, BUT. REDACTED

OK, report the posts.

I will now withdraw my participation in this forum.

I don't need this, I will go elsewherre.

THANKS @Supervisor42

Last edited:
1. If you have one, what is your “bump in the night/Fox in the henhouse” implement/weapon?
The twelve gauge pump by my bed with buck shot, unless it’s my daughter getting home late with her date next year, the double barrel 12 gauge in the closet will send a better message.
Toss up between a bald eagle and a turkey
Really prefer dogs, but the wife has insured there will always be cats around
50 for me and the wife, kids have made 47, Oregon, Montana and Wyoming will be made next summer though
Yep and yep, though I’m still new to both. This is how I found this place
Funny: your answer to number two were the two options when they were first deciding upon our national bird.

OK, report the posts.

I will now withdraw my participation in this forum.

I don't need this, I will go elsewherre.

THANKS @Supervisor42
No you are not!! And Supe, this is the FUN Friday Fives thread!! A little thread drift is ok!! Swing participated in the drift, I think if it were that inappropriate she would have done something!

What you failed to realize is that the rule does not say that such discussions are not allowed elsewhere.

Now look for a revision so you can feel special again. :p
Hee, hee! :D
I haven't made everybody slog thru my answers so they will have to endure a short story....
I made it a habit to celebrate my 2A rights every Friday the 13th and carry.
My thinking was, if I was in a convenience store, and some guy picked Friday the 13th to rob it, he would have bad luck. :)
I had a new boss at work (younger than me) who spotted me and went ballistic (pun).
"You can't do that, it is against the rules!!!" gaah
Little did he know, as a supervisor for years, you could hand me an employee handbook and in 20 minutes, I could quote any important part of it.
I replied: "That's not in the handbook".
66984-NoDeal.gif

He walked back to his office in a huff...
3 weeks later, every employee, in every branch of the company, in 4 states, had to sign a paper saying they had received the 'new' handbook :LOL:.
....Same as the old one, except for Ooooone page.
I felt special.:p

June 14th Friday Five:

1. Strawberry my Jack Russell/ Beagle mix,weapon...........
2. Eagle, then Hummingbirds
3.Dog
5.Yes,

My Apologies to LadyLocust for passing her a 💩storm. Some have the ability to make a tempest in a teapot, it was NOT my intention.

The worst thing about the disruption is it has the mods watching. I was hoping you guys would get desperate and ask me to do it, then I was gonna ask questions like "what's you mom's maiden name" and "whats your pin number" and "what was the name of your first pet"... Then I was going to use the proceeds to buy ammo. Lots and lots of ammo.

Back