• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inquiring minds want to know:
1. Who was Vesuivus Secret Victim?
2. Does bees have ears?
3. Is there a hole to Hell in the Arctic?
4. Who drilled the Hole to Hell?
5. What is your favorite color and why?
Bonus question?
Why was the Hole to Hell drilled to start with?
1) Who????
2) yes
3) no
4)no one
5)Blue, just is
????
I did not google any question before I answer.

Nobody answered my extra credit question 🤨 I'm not sure where that is on the 1-5 scale, but I always say my head is full of useless information like this so don't ask me anything important. There's not enough room for all of it 😂
That's not military history, it's mad scientist crap. The same when Mengele was not military history, just an insane doctor conducting insane experiments.
History question: what did they call dust bunnies in the Victorian era?

Nobody answered my extra credit question 🤨 I'm not sure where that is on the 1-5 scale,…….
I googled the Victorian era, just be sure I had the correct clue… I did.
And my creative answer relative to the place and time period is: Peasant Pets. :D

Nobody answered my extra credit question 🤨 I'm not sure where that is on the 1-5 scale, but I always say my head is full of useless information like this so don't ask me anything important. There's not enough room for all of it 😂

Ummmmm skin balls? Hair nuggets? Dust ho's?

That's nicer than what I have read.
Since this thread is about getting to know others, to some extent. I mean besides the entertainment factor…. I’ll confess that being nice is in my nature. But then so is being a smartass. And yes I know - actions speak louder than words. I’m cynical to joke, not to put a person down. Some people put others down in effect to make them look superior. I can’t, or won’t do that.
My story. ;)

Medical procedure had me loopy last week and see the answers have been given, but why not add my take.

Inquiring minds want to know:
1. Who was Vesuivus Secret Victim? - answered, but also trade was disrupted for a long time, so many many victims other than the two towns.
2. Does bees have ears? answered, I’m not sure if any insects have “ears” but all have ways of perceiving sound waves
3. Is there a hole to Hell in the Arctic? My favorite, answer depends on your meaning of hell. in the Bible, the place referenced could be interpreted as a pit outside the gates used for burning garbage. (Thus if interpreted in this manner, then hell is in the Middle East and not in the Artic). Another interpretation is that hell means separation from God. A hole in the artic doesn’t mean separation from God necessarily if one has accepted His sacrifice on their behalf. Coupled with the drilled hole mentioned (great episode on that in Mysteries of the abandoned), hell could be anyplace. Thus, if one is separated from God while near the hole, then yes, a hole to Hell is in the artic.
4. Who drilled the Hole to Hell? Answered
5. What is your favorite color and why? Blue, not sure why
Bonus question?
Why was the Hole to Hell drilled to start with? Answered

please excuse a bit of derailing but it pertains to a question...think other sites dont read text you read as you scroll...look what popped up in my feed for youtube......lol...dang mogals brainiacs invading my computer space i tell ya.....lol...it triggered AI to say hey this dude dummy needs to learn something

please excuse a bit of derailing but it pertains to a question...think other sites dont read text you read as you scroll...look what popped up in my feed for youtube......lol...dang mogals brainiacs invading my computer space i tell ya.....lol...it triggered AI to say hey this dude dummy needs to learn something

WOW!

I'm just looking at this thread for the first time in probably a week. I had no idea that I was nominated before now. I will not do this again. Everyone needs to take a turn. I just wrote some questions off the top of my head. If I get nominated again, this thread will die because there are thousands of other people who can have a turn. I asked people when I had my first turn, and several of you turned me down. This totally takes the fun out of this for me.

1. Where were you born?
2. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the sibling pack, oldest, youngest, middle child?
3. What is the highest education you have achieved?
4. Were you ever in the military? What branch did you serve in? Highest rank?
5. What was your first car?

I'm just looking at this thread for the first time in probably a week. I had no idea that I was nominated before now. I will not do this again. Everyone needs to take a turn. I just wrote some questions off the top of my head. If I get nominated again, this thread will die because there are thousands of other people who can have a turn. I asked people when I had my first turn, and several of you turned me down. This totally takes the fun out of this for me.
I agree. Nice job of coming up with questions!

1. Where were you born?

An army hospital outside Munich Germany. My father was in the Air Force and stationed there.

2. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the sibling pack, oldest, youngest, middle child?

2, 3 or 57.

I was eldest of four. My brother passed last year so I am down to 2 surviving.

My mother was a foster mother caring for babies that were waiting to be adopted. She had 54 that were every bit as much her babies as those she carried.

3. What is the highest education you have achieved?

Bachelors. Graduated magna cum laude in Engineering physics and minored in digital electronics.

4. Were you ever in the military? What branch did you serve in? Highest rank?

Yes Navy. Second class petty officer. E5.

5. What was your first car?
Still waiting to find out. ;)

I drove company cars after getting out of Navy. When it came time for a pick up my credit was crap so The Princess bought the truck in her name. It was Chevy work truck manual transmision 2 wheel drive. I drove hand me down cars from The Princess when she purchased new.

So...

Never had my name on a vehicle title for a car. My quad and side by side where/are titled in my name.

Nice work @Weedygarden !

Ben

Latest posts

Back